Have you ever stopped by a record store just to see what EC?

Pretty self-explanatory
when i was cruel

Have you ever stopped by a record store just to see what EC?

Post by when i was cruel »

... CD's they have in ? I was surprised today when I went to my love HMV here in Calgary and they had stock of almost every EC album, even Live at the: albums. I was disappointed to find that out of all the CD's there was not a single ATUB ! However I did manage to pick up the deluxe edition of The Return Of The Spectacular Spinning Songbook DVD/CD combo ! How about you, do you periodically stop by to have a look at what stock is carried ?
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
bronxapostle

Re: Have you ever stopped by a record store just to see what

Post by bronxapostle »

sure...when you can find a record store nowadays! i too went in and bought the DELUXE EDITION of SPECTACULAR today. enjoyed the cd already. dvd tomorrow i hope. 8) 8)
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

Not so much the box stores like HMV and Future Shop, they don't have a whole lot.

But I do make it a point to visit the used stores as often as I can, that's how I continue to complete my collection.
That's where I found all my Rykodisk and Rhino cds. Just last month I found a very good condition 2 1/2 Years Rhino box first issue for $30.00 and two weeks ago a mint copy of the 1996 Rykodisk promo cd "An Overview Disc".
In Montreal we have a cluster of about 10 used shops all within walking distance of each other, it's great.

After work tonight I dropped by a Chapters bookstore and saw the 2 seasons of Spectacle (7 DVDs) bundled together for $38.00.
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

I feel bad now having just bought (2 days ago, and watched it all) Season 2 of Spectacle on Blu-Ray for 25 bucks. I was suprised Bronx, I hadn't a clue these deluxe editions existed, I am a little bitter on the fact that it jipped us of the final 3 songs but no complaints.
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

Another great find The Delivery Man double cd with The Clarksdale Sessions mint for &9.00, BAM!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I usually have a quick flip through whatever E.C. discs I see in a store , just in case there's an out of the ordinary edition, a import got in accidentally or dumped on the market etc.
krm

Post by krm »

the same applies for me. Never pass without a quick check through the Elvis discs.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

It's just gotta be done coz you never know what little golden nuggets you might find ! 8)
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

"Ever since I hid ten copies of 30:10 - solo home recordings of re-written songs - in the jewel boxes of the "Best Of" collection released in the Spring of ‘07 and then waited in vain for one of them to surface, I'd realized that it was time to do things differently…

Has any one ever found one of these or have a flac copy of one?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Has any one ever found one of these or have a flac copy of one?
http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... s&start=50
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Finally got around to post some pictures from my trip to Bananas Records in St. Petersburg, one of the biggest record stores in the world - so big it has two locations. The vinyl warehouse was the main draw for me, they have over 3 million selections.

Of course, since I stopped over on the way to the Elvis Costello concert in Clearwater on April 24 I had to check out what Costello LPs they had:

I picked up one of these.

Also got a second copy of Trust from Germany, with a giant red sticker on the cover. It seemed to be in better condition than the Columbia records version I already have. (I know this sounds a bit ridiculous)

Finally, Get Happy!

There were also several 12 inch singles, I picked up a couple along with Loudon Wainwright's first album and Kate Bush's hounds of love. I wish I could have spent some more time there but if you get a chance to see the few more photos I posted, you'll see that this place is completely overwhelming.

Anyway, if you ever find yourself in Florida this is a must. Both locations have plenty of stuff to dig through and you're bound to find something you've always wanted.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

An unplanned visit to a second hand record shop yesterday and came out with a vinyl copy of Ten Bloody Mary's & Ten How's Your Fathers. A bargain for £3.99.