Post by bronxapostle »

migdd

Re: what a relief!!!

Post by migdd »

Happy for the man!
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

Happy for the guy and everything but I didn't know he was homosexual... which I don't have a problem with.
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no one should have a problem with anyone we respect, admire or consider a friend and their life choices. it has NO BEARING at all on his status as the BASS PLAYER in one of our VERY FAVORITE EVER bands, right? we should be happy that he is happy. and i somehow get the feeling we all are. hence i shared the news i stumbled across today.
jardine

Post by jardine »

for those of us--probably just me--who are not bookfaced, what is the message?
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

bronxapostle wrote:no one should have a problem with anyone we respect, admire or consider a friend and their life choices.
Homosexuality is a "life choice"?

:wink:

Just joshin' ya. I'm involved with education for an LGBT non-profit in Buenos Aires and it's like muscle memory kicking in, anytime someone uses the word "choice" in regards to sexual orientation. Sorry for getting pedantic. I echo your sentiment, very happy for Davey and his new relationship. I am finding it harder and harder to hold on to those for longer than a few months. It's probably for being such a pedant :lol: .
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Jardine, Davey has updated his relationship status on Facebook as "Davey Faragher is in a relationship with Cameron Trowbridge", and he (Davey) adds a comment "what a relief!!" - which I guess means either he's been wooing this guy for a while and is thrilled at finally being in a relationship, or he's been in the closet all these years, and is relieved at coming out.

Platypus is right, being gay isn't a life choice, just as being heterosexual isn't a life choice. It's just what you are (or aren't) - there's no decision made. The only decision is whether you feel able to tell people (some cultures want to imprison or kill people for being gay).
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Neil. wrote:Jardine, Davey has updated his relationship status on Facebook as "Davey Faragher is in a relationship with Cameron Trowbridge", and he (Davey) adds a comment "what a relief!!" - which I guess means either he's been wooing this guy for a while and is thrilled at finally being in a relationship, or he's been in the closet all these years, and is relieved at coming out.

Platypus is right, being gay isn't a life choice, just as being heterosexual isn't a life choice. It's just what you are (or aren't) - there's no decision made. The only decision is whether you feel able to tell people (some cultures want to imprison or kill people for being gay).
as per my thread title (WHAT A RELIEF) not (DAVEY IS GAY!) naturally, i am in agreement that SOMETHING here causes Mr. Faragher to feel some kinda NEW GREAT PEACE and THAT is what i wanted to share here! come on guys, as NYC'er who's been around the block a few THOUSAND times, i would like to THINK i know enough PEOPLE to happily embrace ALL. most people here will know my sentiment: i am glad for the way God made each of us. :lol:
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Agreed, Bronxapostle, it's lovely news, and that's what came across in your message.

I was just being pedantic and clarifying the issue about choice, that's all - lots of people still think it's a 'choice' that people make.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks neil/platy...had to go back and re-read my posts. didn't want to sound ignorant/uncaring. i guess the choices i was referring to were a) selection of partner and/or b) electing to share with the world! a good friend tells me HE KNEW as early as TWO -THREE years old. obviously, NO CHOICE INVOLVED!
jardine

Post by jardine »

nice news, and thanks for the info neil, and congrats for whatever relief has been found!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Neil. wrote:Jardine, Davey has updated his relationship status on Facebook as "Davey Faragher is in a relationship with Cameron Trowbridge", and he (Davey) adds a comment "what a relief!!" - which I guess means either he's been wooing this guy for a while and is thrilled at finally being in a relationship, or he's been in the closet all these years, and is relieved at coming out.
Do people still woo other people? :lol:

Not being a bookfacer either, I don't know the exact wording / nature of the message or updating his status but the "What a relief" comment is either that he is pleased to be in a relationship or he now feels comfortable enough to announce that he's gay. I don't know (or care) if it's well known in "show biz" circles but nothing matters as long as he is happy.

Mind you I think we should persecute any gay people on this site. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Ooh, Verbal, as ever, you are an outrage and a disgrace. Next time I see you, the pint I still owe you for blagging the Tower of London freebie, I'll pour right over your head.

(Can it be that you've just started your own version of the Columbus incident on this website?!!! :lol:)
migdd

Post by migdd »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Mind you I think we should persecute any gay people on this site. :lol:
Why limit ourselves to just gay folk? Can't we be equal opportunity persecutors? :lol:
when i was cruel

Migdd and VG... Two Little Hitlers lol
verbal gymnastics

Neil. wrote:Ooh, Verbal, as ever, you are an outrage and a disgrace. Next time I see you, the pint I still owe you for blagging the Tower of London freebie, I'll pour right over your head.
See what extremes I have to go to to see you? :lol:
Neil. wrote:(Can it be that you've just started your own version of the Columbus incident on this website?!!! :lol:)
Verbal Repents

I feel I need to respond to comments that have been attributed to me on this site under my name. Obviously somebody has hacked into my account.

I'm holding a webcast on this site at 9pm GMT tonight to clarify my comments which have clearly been taken out of context although these weren't my comments because someone hacked into my account. But I should point out that I don't discriminate against anybody. I treat everybody the same. OK that might mean that I treat everyone badly but it's the same nevertheless. I have lots of gay friends (although I don't know if some of them are gay - they just look gay). Erm...I've just been told that I won't be able to do the webcast tonight as there is essential maintenance work on my computer tonight and I've got a really busy schedule and...

:lol:
when i was cruel

Truthfully, as much as some people get offended by stuff like this they should also respect each to his own. Like if someone is homophobic then good for them. They can have their own opinion but just don't have to be in your face about it. It's just like strong religious folk who preach to the point being annoying. Anywho I don't believe what you said was in serious context, as it was in a joking manner, clearly. And I highly doubt someone hacked your very own personal Elvis Fan Forum Account over say online banking or email.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Don't worry, WIWC - Verbal's just taking the mickey: he knows I'm gay (although I won't going into how he knows that*), so he's just teasing.

(*JOKE!!!)
verbal gymnastics

Neil. wrote:Verbal...knows I'm gay (although I won't going into how he knows that*)
Neil. - you said it would be our secret. And anyway, it doesn't count if you're just experimenting. That's what you told me anyway :wink: :lol:
when i was cruel

Lol, but Neil. Are you actually gay ? Furthermore would it be safe to say the bulk of this board is all us old white people lol ?
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Hey! I'm a 21 year old white person.
when i was cruel

Haha I am a 16 year old white dude but other than us lol, all ya geezers.
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

when i was cruel wrote:Like if someone is homophobic then good for them.
when i was cruel

Platypus it fits into " I don't agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." I don't agree with homophobia but that's others choices and by that I respect their choice.
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

I believe that quote is about freedom of expression, which I am very much in favor of. I will never, however, fundamentally "respect" hating others because of how they were born; though I won't dispute their right to express their beliefs, racists, homophobes and bigots of any kind do not deserve my respect.

Also, for the purposes of the survey, I am a 24 year old white/hispanic male. :)