Fallon and Armisen Imitate EC

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Fallon and Armisen Imitate EC

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Disappointing, in my opinion. Fallon is usually so good at this.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/06/portl ... en-fallon/
Last edited by FAVEHOUR on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
wardo68

Re: Fallon and Armisten Imitate EC

Post by wardo68 »

I didn't think either of them sounded like EC. (And I think my Morrissey is better, personally.)

To clean the palette, here's one of the funnier musical Armisen skits, and one of the best things Elton John's ever done.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... en/1317531
Ulster Boy

Re: Fallon and Armisen Imitate EC

Post by Ulster Boy »

In the UK, Frank Skinner once "did" Elvis, on Celebrity Stars in their Eyes. Badly, as I recall.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I remember Greg Proops on the UK version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? reading the closing credits in the style of EC.

It was pretty good but then he naturally looked like him which helped.

Ulster Boy is also right - Frank Skinner (who I like as a comedian) was pretty poor on Stars in their eyes.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
History History

Post by History History »

Frank Skinner did a knock-kneed sneer-a-minute version of Oliver's Army that was a bad physical stereotypical copy of Elvis but I think it's fair to say that Elvis did a bad impersonation of himself in those days; I have a recording of it somewhere...I can also remember Alistair McGowan doing a bug-eyed version of Elvis singing 'She' that seemed particularly nasty to me and I vowed I wouldn't watch McGowan again (probably an over-reaction!). I later read that he only did impersonations of people he admired so I suppose I was being oversensitive. Did anybody else see it?
redsfan720

Post by redsfan720 »

I would guess that the Costello impressions of both Armisen and Fallon are pretty spot-on to those unlike us that don't spend as much time as we do listening to his music and analyzing every note on every album. I thought Armisen's was decent. It's a caricature, for sure, but most SNL impressions are.

And Fallon's Morrissey was great no matter who you are.
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N799R_mDx_U. kinda related, i thought this was amazing and kinda creepy at the same time.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Costello is one of those figures who seems much more easy to imitate than he is. Same with Sean Connery.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

Hank "Hey now!" Kingsley "mocked" him on the Larry Sanders show with his impression
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

Haha love that episode "what are you doing ?" Larry says to Hank, "I am mocking because he's an asshole." And Elvis goes on to sing Little Atoms and then is confronted by Frank about the piece of shit mobile E sold him. Did Elvis do a second episode with a different song ? I remember them saying to stay away from Elvis because he's too angry, so no one ask for his autograph.
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

fred darden wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N799R_mDx_U. kinda related, i thought this was amazing and kinda creepy at the same time.
Aside from the Rebecca Black song Jimmy does a good Neil Young plus how cool is that, Springsteen joined.
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

WIWC - I think Elvis did a previous episode and sang 13 steps lead down with the Attractions.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?