Elvis & The Imposters, Hamburg, Germany June 3 '12

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Hamburg, Germany June 3 '12

Post by Man out of Time »

verbal gymnastics wrote: I don't know if there have been any board heterosexual or gay weddings or civil partnerships but there's always a first time.
Forum users who were also subscribers to "Costello-L" the old Listserve mailing list, will probably know of at least three marriages/partnerships that formed through The List, or where the couples met there at least. At least two, if not all three were "Transatlantic", and one I think involved a couple whose first languages were different (English and Dutch), so there are certainly precedents.

For Facebook users, "Costello-L" survived the closure of Listserve a while ago, and is now a Facebook Group. Some of us still post there, although now it is a closed group (but open to anyone who can demonstrate a love or appreciation of Elvis).

Can I add my thanks to Natasha for sharing her news. It was a pleasure to meet her and I hope to do so again in the future.

MOOT
Yanyna

Post by Yanyna »

So I think now it´s my turn. First of all, thank you guys for all best wishes for both of us.

I think Natasha wrote all important and she is always the one of us who can speak better. I can only say that this concert was the most important moment in my life. We have been waiting for this moment so long and Human Hands really become our song. When he started to play this song, she kissed me and I felt how her tears are falling. At this moment I felt how happy she is and this is the only thing that is important for me now. She become the love of my life and now I hope in 50 years from now we´ll celebrate half a century since we met for the first time together :) So yes, I think Elvis did damn good job :) But for now we still have a long way to be together...

Anyway, this was my first Spinning Wheel show (and I hope not last). I loved every moment of it, it was perfect. I believe Elvis has some secret super-powers and his music inspired my life more than anything else. He changed my life and I´ll be always grateful for that.
"Everything Important I Learned In Life Was From Woody Allen."
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's lovely to hear your version too Yanyna.

It's great that whilst there's a public world where we all post, there's also a lot of different other worlds too where loves and friendships are being forged.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yanyna wrote:When he started to play this song, she kissed me and I felt how her tears are falling. At this moment I felt how happy she is and this is the only thing that is important for me now.
I´m going to cry again!! :P
The imposter wrote:It's true! The wheel has the power of love!
Yes, indeed! Also, Elvis seem to like to invite the couples to the stage. I just remembered the young couple Elvis chose to swing the hammer of songs. He gave both the right to choose a song but the boy admitted he didn't know any of his songs! lol

Thanks everybody for the nice words. :)
“Between tenderness and brute force.”

Last FM