Elvis/Imposters, New York, Oct. 1 '11

Pretty self-explanatory
Ypsilanti

Re: Elvis/Imposters, New York, Oct. 1 '11

Post by Ypsilanti »

My Hub just pointed out the wheel was pre-set to Alison before the show started...
That really was genius...almost no one shouted out requests throughout the entire show. Very polite & enthusiastic crowd. Maybe EC defused that tendency by getting the "hits" out of the way first. Or maybe it was because they weren't selling beer last night...
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Ypsilanti wrote: Some points off for the staff of the The United Palace, who SUCKED-- useless ushers
Wow, those guys were clueless! They had no idea what they were doing. I was directing people to their seats after the ushers brought them to the wrong place.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

To be honest, BA I'm running out of pockets trying to decide whether to record on flash recorder, minidisc and tape. I would take Mrs. Sulky to hold something but then she'll talk through all the good bits :roll: (not really in case VG shops me !)Hope 100 is brilliant for you and Mrs Benny and many congratulations for both anniversaries ! :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks 4 the kind regards sulky; love back your way too. cheers m8. & as if i never said this before: MY RECORDING SOUNDS GREAT FROM LAST NIGHT! :D
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:thanks 4 the kind regards sulky; love back your way too. cheers m8. & as if i never said this before: MY RECORDING SOUNDS GREAT FROM LAST NIGHT! :D
Mine sounds better.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: of course, especially to digital dorks and soundboard queens!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

thanks to taping rise robots rise, i lost the last twenty seconds of his latest flame. so if you have the complete show, you outdid me right there.

oh, a big thanks to favedave (sorry i did not see you last evening, was THAT a show or WHAT???) if you had not named "pretty boy floyd" from d.c. i would have been going koo-koo trying to figure THAT one out. also, was there another fragment i missed? busy transferring from CASSETTE to computer now. when i break it into tracks, i'll let you know where. was it behind i can only give you everything?
docinwestchester

How 'bout a little Suit Of Lights with your morning coffee? (or afternoon tea for some of you?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0pd6HU981E
jardine

Post by jardine »

suit of lights. many thanks. oh, and how hot WAS that gig? some light green suits of light change color when "moist." hardest sweating man in showbiz!
docinwestchester

jardine wrote:suit of lights. many thanks. oh, and how hot WAS that gig? some light green suits of light change color when "moist." hardest sweating man in showbiz!
Actually comfortable in there...if you're not wearing a 3-piece suit (no tie though, kind of casual for EC) and working your ass off on stage for 2 1/2 hrs.

No costume changes last night. He was all business.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

docinwestchester wrote:How 'bout a little Suit Of Lights with your morning coffee? (or afternoon tea for some of you?)

Wow. That was fantastic - performance wise and regarding the camera work.

THANKS!!! Will be keeping a close eye out on Dime
docinwestchester

SoulForHire wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:How 'bout a little Suit Of Lights with your morning coffee? (or afternoon tea for some of you?)

Wow. That was fantastic - performance wise and regarding the camera work.

THANKS!!! Will be keeping a close eye out on Dime
Thanks. I'm getting better at stealth video, which is really hard, but for a perfectionist like me I'm never completely happy with the results. What I really need is a second camera to stay on Steve, since he's tucked off to the side.

Anyone interested? The pay sucks, but you'll hear some great music!
supermaz62

Post by supermaz62 »

I'm from LI and was at the show, the stupid F*cking people there have no clue how they were screwed, they thought they saw a great show. While real fans like myself got screwed. Wish I could have been there last night, sounds like a great set. F*ck Liers...I hate them all.
docinwestchester

Stations Of The Cross - for lunch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLp_Sk1Lj-c

Any dinner requests?
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

docinwestchester wrote:Stations Of The Cross - for lunch:

Any dinner requests?
Town Crier would make great dinner music. By the way, your stealth skills are getting pretty good. Are you going to any further shows this tour?
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

docinwestchester wrote:
Ypsilanti wrote: Some points off for the staff of the The United Palace, who SUCKED-- useless ushers
Wow, those guys were clueless! They had no idea what they were doing. I was directing people to their seats after the ushers brought them to the wrong place.
We were initially seated in the wrong seats and then had to move after the show started. Actually, I think we were in the right seats to start with. It was super annoying.
Plus...Elvis' name NOT on the marquee. Not cool. If the United Palace wants to be a concert venue and not just a big, weird church, they really need to get it together. And this was a crowd of docile, middle-aged folks. What do they do when a bunch of 20 yr old kids storm the place for a concert? It must be insane.
supermaz62 wrote:I'm from LI and was at the show, the stupid F*cking people there have no clue how they were screwed, they thought they saw a great show. While real fans like myself got screwed. Wish I could have been there last night, sounds like a great set. F*ck Liers...I hate them all.
Not for nothing...Huntington is a fancy, upscale town--all antiques and art galleries and bistros. If people behaved like they did in that locale, imagine the pig-fest that would have taken place on the working-class South Shore or with those hillbillies out east. You are right--Long Islanders are absolutely vile.
jardine wrote: some light green suits of light change color when "moist." hardest sweating man in showbiz!
Would love to know he accomplishes the whole dry-cleaning while on the road thing...does he just keep wearing the sweaty suits, or is there a complex system of Fed-x-ing the cleaned suits ahead to the next town? Maybe there are several duplicates of each suit?
docinwestchester wrote:Stations Of The Cross - for lunch:
Any dinner requests?
Thanks, Doc! How about "I'm In The Mood Again"?
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

doh!!!!!!!!! DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION SOUL! doc, using VERY POOR JUDGMENT, is throwing his WELLMONT 10-05 ticket aside to be father of the year and attend a school function.....YIKES!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Doh!!!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:doh!!!!!!!!! DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION SOUL! doc, using VERY POOR JUDGMENT, is throwing his WELLMONT 10-05 ticket aside to be father of the year and attend a school function.....YIKES!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
For what it's worth, I can't get good video from that seat location, ba. Plus my wife has the divorce papers all ready if I go to yet another EC show, especially on Parent's Night at school.
brilliantmistake

Post by brilliantmistake »

Great show last night. The best of the wheel shows that I've seen on this tour. It was a smart move to do the "popular song round up" at the beginning of the set. The audience was very polite. Alot of gems, I got to see pretty much everything I could of asked for seeing and more. If we can hit those ATUB and Spike tunes in Wellmont I will be complete.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:doh!!!!!!!!! DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION SOUL! doc, using VERY POOR JUDGMENT, is throwing his WELLMONT 10-05 ticket aside to be father of the year and attend a school function.....YIKES!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
For what it's worth, I can't get good video from that seat location, ba. Plus my wife has the divorce papers all ready if I go to yet another EC show, especially on Parent's Night at school.
WHAT??? you'd get GREAT video. look at this antique film i shot from more or less the same seat with an old 8mm camera 3 years ago! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V44SiJWLF0A
jardine

Post by jardine »

dry cleaning, my god yes. i think elvis has a suit in every port, unlike the portly in every suit that he used to. . .oh dear, sorry.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jardine wrote:dry cleaning, my god yes. i think elvis has a suit in every port, unlike the portly in every suit that he used to. . .oh dear, sorry.

GENIUS!!! great line there jardine.

hey doc, if it is too late to vote for the "dinner" video from last night, may i select the night cap pretty please? when he began the ULTRA quiet I STILL MISS SOMEONE, and the audience IMMEDIATELY were enthralled and PERFECTLY quiet, i then KNEW the rest of the night would be MAGIC! you know when they say the turning point of a ballgame? THAT was the turning point last night!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:
jardine wrote:dry cleaning, my god yes. i think elvis has a suit in every port, unlike the portly in every suit that he used to. . .oh dear, sorry.

GENIUS!!! great line there jardine.

hey doc, if it is too late to vote for the "dinner" video from last night, may i select the night cap pretty please? when he began the ULTRA quiet I STILL MISS SOMEONE, and the audience IMMEDIATELY were enthralled and PERFECTLY quiet, i then KNEW the rest of the night would be MAGIC! you know when they say the turning point of a ballgame? THAT was the turning point last night!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll honor all 3 requests.

Audio going up on Dime in less than 10 minutes.
docinwestchester

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

dumb luck doc....i am at the point of transferring TOWN CRYER right now. i took a pause and listened to that mp3 of yours up at dime a dozen. guess which one sounds better? :D