Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011

Post by johnfoyle »

Last edited by johnfoyle on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krm

Re: Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011?

Post by krm »

SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Wow. Is this his most "remote" show ever?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

SoulForHire wrote:Wow. Is this his most "remote" show ever?
It's actually his second appearance in Istanbul.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/index.php/Concert_2005-07-08_Istanbul
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

It's actually his second appearance in Istanbul.
Some of the accounts of the '05 show are priceless - very much lost in translation!

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... u+Open+Air
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Maybe Elvis is not aware of the ongoing Turkish massacres against the Kurds and their vehement refusal to ever recognize a Kurdish state? Maybe he is not aware of the suppression and persecution of Christians in Turkey? Maybe he's never read the mooslum unholy book that calls for the murder and domination of Chrisitans and Jews and homosexuals and women and ALL non-mooslums, that dichotomizes the world between mooslums and non-mooslums and calls for the establishment of a world-wide caliphate through violent unholy war? Maybe he thinks gender-apartied is a good thing? Maybe he does not know that Turkey has more journalists in prison than China! Think about that! Maybe he never read about the Armenian genocide? Maybe he is unaware of the push toward the pisslamization of Turkey under Erdogan and the suppression of democratic ideals? Maybe he is unaware that pisslam is a supremacist, totalitarian political ideology and that there is not one free pisslamic nation in the world? Maybe he does not know that half of all murders in Turkey are "honor" killings of women? Maybe he's going there to buy Diana some burkas? Hard to tell what Elvis' mind is capable of rationalizing and sublimating? Or dare I use a psychological term coined by a Jew? Food for thought:

http://www.kurdmedia.com/article.aspx?id=13491

http://www.persecutionblog.com/2009/01/ ... urkey.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 55373.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/ ... 4228.shtml

http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/genoci ... nocide.htm

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php? ... 2011-04-08
sulky lad

Re: Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011

Post by sulky lad »

Welcome back Rachel, missed you fora few months - did you see any Revolver shows ? :lol:
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

That was a killer set list that he played last time there. Wow.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Sulky Lad, I cannot tell you how painful the withdrawal has been. Do you know that he still haunts my dreams? Just last night I had a dream of him and that is what prompted me to come here and see what he is up to. And it's no good, I see. Through the years, I forgave or just dismissed so many of the things he said or did because all it took was for that voice to reach my ears, and I was suddenly under his spell.

It pained me so not to be able to see him this year, but I am as stubborn in my beliefs as he is reckless and stupid in his. I cannot put another penny in his pocket to support his Judenhass. But I occassionally follow his press, and was not surprised to see him first and foremost supporting the statue of Chuck Berry in MO. This is a hard one. I love Chuck Berry's music. Who doesn't? But the man is a convicted pedophile and apparently a virulent sexist who never sought redemption of his perverted ways as he went on to film unsuspecting women in the bathroom of his restaurant! Do you know, as a woman, that is one of my biggest fears, that someone may be secretly filming me in restrooms or dressing rooms. It happens every day. And there was Elvis, right in front, leading the charge that Berry deserved to be honored. It is one thing not to persecute the man. He is old and obviously mentally ill. But it is quite another to honor someone whose behavior is criminal and reprehensible and ongoing.

Human rights in Turkey is at an all-time low. For this, Elvis will reward them with his singing. But for his Jewish fans, nothing but contempt. I used to be an agnostic. But the forward march of totalitarian pisslam has allowed me to separate the gospel of Jesus from religious organizations and to appreciate his message of love and peace more than ever. I cling too to the philosophy of Siddhartha Guatama, another truly godly man whose life was a model of peace and love and rationality. It took a lot for me to read the mooslum unholy book. It is disgusting. So much hate. So many calls to kill. This man that they honor was a brutal psychopath and it is reflected in the pathos of their countries and all that they preach. I read a story in the Hadiths where he captured an enemy tribe and one by one spent the night chopping off the heads of all the men captured. The women and children were raped and taken as slaves, of course, as is the mooslum dictate, echoing still in terrorist attacks like Beslan. We see it all over the mooslum world, rape and murder and totalitarian governments suppressing any other religion and their very own people in the name of a god? Still, Elvis will go to Turkey and show them the peace, love and understanding he refused his Israeli fans? And I bet his big mouth doesn't dare say anything about Turkey's repressive and violent government, though in Israel he could have stood there and railed with complete freedom to do so, although against what and for whom, I'm stupified?

I think Elvis has some serious issues. I cannot understand his politics, how he praises Obama for the same things that he RAGED against Bush for? I cannot understand him? I probably need to quit following even his press, sporadic though it is, because he only continues to disappoint and sadden me.

Okay, feel free to trash me. He used to be a god to me too.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Maybe they will honor the vegetarian Elvis with such an animal sacrifice before his show? What a quaint custom! I warn you, this is shocking to our sensibilities, but nothing out of the ordinary for the average Turk. These are the people Elvis has no compunction singing for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjqqJF7f ... r_embedded
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Did Elvis lose his weight recently by becoming vegetarian or was he already a vegetarian? If so, how do you go on a diet if you already are a vegetarian?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

If I were Elvis, I would cancel this gig just because of rachelhasen's comments. Yikes. I never thought a rock n' roll/pop artist could have any influence or have anything to do with politics. Actually, to tell you the truth, I didn't read all of the rachelhasen's comments because I had ADD and have no real interest in it anyway. But, it seems like someone should figure out how to separate music from the state... either that or get a good exercise routine going.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Mojo, After Elvis' kick in the face to his Israeli *fans* and the subsequent tragedy that was the Turkish provocation of the Mavi Marmara flotilla, Elvis' decision to play Constantinople now is loudly and clearly, strictly political. He has never shied from political commentary whether in his music or his actions.

Erdogan brashly goes to Germany and tells Turks there that they should never assimilate to European culture. He is a dangerous man, leading his country back into a slavery that Ataturk tried to free them from. And Elvis will play for him.

I do not understand leftist multi-millionaires? Such priviledged arrogance. Elvis eats his cake and shits it on those who baked it for him?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Hmm.. OK, whatever you say. I just thought it was about the music and making people happy. Guess I have no clue, once again.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Do we know if this is solo or with the Imposters?
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Well, just in case Elvis needs some reading material on his way to Turkey, his oh-so-sensitive conscience just might want to take a look at this:

http://www.echr.coe.int/NR/rdonlyres/F2 ... uel_EN.pdf

Turkey has the distinction of being number one again this year! Congratulations Turkey!

But since it's such a long report, maybe he'd like something a little briefer in wordage? In which case, he could try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Turkey

Or this from the Kurds, cause you can take their word for it:

http://pukmedia.com/english/index.php?o ... Itemid=385

Come on everybody sing!

They're lighting carbeques upon every hilltop in Western lands,
Just another Western woman raped when allalalala's got the whole world in his hands.
And the conscience champion fights in the international propaganda celebrity-star wars.
There's a dhimmi apologist in the White House, what do you want another four more?
And the muezzin sings his call once again, it's a pisslam victory chime,
And we can thank allalalalala that we finally got body pieces in our time!

What's so funny about female apartied, female genital mutilation, honor killings and burkas anyway?
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

hell hath no fury like a costello fan scorned
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

If it turns out to be a solo gig, will she theorise that the Imposters refused to participate out of political protest?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The dates either side of it in the schedule are solo so one assumes it is also.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:If it turns out to be a solo gig, will she theorise that the Imposters refused to participate out of political protest?
Well she used to be agnostic, now she tries to be amused...

Sorry rachel, just trying to bring a bit of levity.

I'm in Sofia the night after Elvis so if you're reading this, a gig there would be great.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:If it turns out to be a solo gig, will she theorise that the Imposters refused to participate out of political protest?
I always suspected that Steve and Pete were less tolerant of female genital mutilation than Elvis. :wink:
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Well, the point is: Elvis Costellow is one full-time hypocrite or some kind of twisted political dilettante. In fact, he should have written "How to be Dumb," for himself. Maybe he did what with all his claims to prescience? Ha!

Verbal Gymnastics: Levity is good, especially with all the asslifter problems Bulgaria has. Go Volen!

Kudos to the site owners for letting free speech reign. It's good to be free.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

rachelhasen wrote: Kudos to the site owners for letting free speech reign. It's good to be free.
I guess we're all friendly people here.
But Rachel, as you can see in the reactions to your posts, nobody here is really interested in this kind of discussion.
You've made your point, so please discuss this further on a political forum.
(I hope you are as critical to your own country as you are to these other countries.)

So farewell!!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Sweetest Punch, What I said here had everything to do with Elvis' decision to play in pistanbul. It may have been something that you don't want to reckon with, but given his "conscionable" actions, it was fair play. And you just go ahead and keep that head of yours up your ass. Not very brave or wise, but certainly the fashion. Farewell Brussels!

And yes, I am very critical of my own country, but I can be. Thus far, there are no laws prohibiting freedom of speech here as there suddenly are in Europe, but attempts are being made.

And why would anyone want to kill David Letterman? I could understand wanting to slap him around a bit, maybe a kick in the ass or two, but cut his tongue out? Since he and Elvis are buddies, there's relevance by association!
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

groan