Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
Judge Holden

Re: Elvis plays Istanbul, Nov. 2 2011

Post by Judge Holden »

Rachel and rsternb1 are clearly hurt by the seeming contradiction in not playing in one country and playing in another, given the 'politics' involved in each decision. I just would like to see the conversation kept to a civil discussion, minus the vitriol and name calling. I think it is an important conversation to have.
Yep, no problem with that. Perfectly understandable to point out "the seeming contradiction" and rsternb1 did so eloquently. Rachel's rants against "pisslam" are another thing entirely, however, and far exceed any other examples of abuse in this thread. It's surprising that other comments, from other posters, appear to have come under more scrutiny.
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

invisible Pole wrote:Political discussion is allowed only when the participants have “correct” views.
Simple example from this board (which I love being part of, by the way) - bashing Bush and calling him halfwit was not a rare thing over here, and I can hardly recall anyone telling those who did this “you’re annoying, go away”.
On the other hand, when Nobel Peace Prize laureate deploys more troops overseas than Bush ever did, then suddenly most everyone goes silent about this.
Orwellian doublethink world indeed.
You make a lot of assumptions.

Please come up with a single example in which I (as you are in fact quoting me) have ever engaged in any sort of political discussion in this forum. Pro Bush or otherwise.

I thought we had an off-topic subforum for that. Oh, wait, we do.
jardine

Post by jardine »

"Rachel's rants against "pisslam" are another thing entirely, however, and far exceed any other examples of abuse in this thread. It's surprising that other comments, from other posters, appear to have come under more scrutiny."

I expect that precipitating anger and dissension and the like is EXACTLY her sole motive. That is all she has ever incited, despite feigned and inflated "concerns" for Israel and Turkey and Elvis's moral lack.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I suggest we have been DUPED. I also suggest that rach then comes back to the board under another "visitor" name that can't be monitored, and simply squirmingly looks at what she has caused. What else could possibly be the motive behind "pisslam" except sociopathic and voyeuristic incitement?

Peek a boo! Hi rach. What's new?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

deleted
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Let the healing begin.
jardine

Post by jardine »

great idea. e.c. seems to be playing all over eastern europe and past it. I'vej lost track. is there a list somewhere of these dates? they seem really scattered. i know there are some separate threads, but is there a chrono. list?

I hope he gets his next cd or 78s recorded before the next leg of the tour starts. or at least puts the finishing touches on a long, full of extras multiple DVD or Blue Ray-Ban (i think that's what the kids call it) of the Revolver Tour in beautiful surround sound. . .

i would be surprised if he hasn't at least written a whole bunch of new stuff in the past months, even during the revolver tour. he seems to not be able to help himself. I wish he were smarter on how to release it. small labels and small audience bands make a go of it, why can't he?

But this once again runs into the problem: his "rep" is way bigger than this popularity, and i think he himself might confuse these two and suffer because of this confusion...given his reputation, NR should have sold really well, but not given his popularity. its sales were only disappointing mapped against his huge reputation, network of colleagues and collaborators and "standing" in "the music world."
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Who knows, maybe Sparkling Day will bring him back to the masses and come October we'll see another compilation CD/download album to capitalise like the UK did in 1999.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Judge Holden

Post by Judge Holden »

Not subtle, but nicely done verbalg. Sorry for fuelling fiery flames.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

rachelhasen wrote:Well, the point is: Elvis Costellow is one full-time hypocrite or some kind of twisted political dilettante. In fact, he should have written "How to be Dumb," for himself. Maybe he did what with all his claims to prescience? Ha!
Bruce?
Is that you?
(Loved your work with The Attractions...)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Interview with, I think, Elvis -

http://www.cafekampus.com/elvis-costello-geliyor.html/

Quick 'net translation -

Costello prepared in concert on November 2 in Istanbul, why not write happy love songs told.

HT MARKET / Heja BOZYEL

Behold, the opening scene in the film Notting Hill, a well-known "She's the song" the man said as there are people or bodies in the değiştirtecek; here that Elvis Costello. It's a great comment, and a unique sound. Our interview on the phone behind the thick glass spectacles do not realize how funny looks. Quiet talking. As their tour was serious. Earlier in Istanbul, Açıkhava'daki encore of the concert audience to do, you know, "I Want You," the song you requested not to go without saying, at the end of a young woman repeatedly insisted, "I Want You" (I want), he shouted, with aplomb, in the direction of the sound back, "Honey, calm down. Not even tanışmıyoruz "he said. The most beautiful in life korkacaksın owners. Author's words, because they are the most toxic. Costello, that song did not say, potporiyle finished a concert. He now doyamayanlar concert, the first seconds of the end of the "as is" you will read an interview with Elvis Costello.

Heja Hi, how are you? Not saying your name right?

So yes, Mr. Costello. You are absolutely right, but I'm very excited because I would say the wrong yours. Now my questions do I begin?

Of course, the excitement is.

Do you remember the first Istanbul konserinizi?

I do not known how the audience reacts to a place I went for the first time'm a little nervous. I said it was in Istanbul, but was accompanied by the song. Surprised me. It was beautiful.

Affect performance on the stage the audience's response?

For example, there is now Istanbul, before the concert in 5 different cities. How about 3 more songs before and I never liked listening to the concert I do not know how. But before I go to him repertuvarımı belirleyebiliyorum cities. There are Alternatives. Of course the audience than on stage, accompanied by songs and changed that is applauded.

Concerts have become an industry no longer flows into the big money.

The taste is now when other, more intimate settings other than the taste of the concert. Need to take advantage of the technology. I had them both and I think music has always goes where it should be.

Most of your songs over tells how much it was painful. I really think it is more than a feeling this much pain?

No. All my life has not passed aşklarla unhappy. But more than the bitter side of love. I think not I write a happy love songs. Unhappiness with music aşabiliyorum perhaps telling.

In the meantime, have a happy marriage ...

Yes. We work hard so we miss each other a lot. I think this longing that keeps us alive. Spend a day a week as family night, spend the 4.5-year-old twin oğullarımızla.

Album, the songs you have your spouse Krall'ın Diana. 34 year-old son Matt also worked with previously. As a family, three of the album Do not you think?

Matt'le very nice work. With my wife, too. But may not have any time at the moment. Search What are you waiting for me to do, constantly konserlerdeyim. I separate the twins in the remaining time.

Again, I will konserinizden Istanbul. Hotel, leaving a daughter kulisinize should recognize letters. That's me!

Really? Letter you leave if you are in Istanbul, then I'm glad to do this interview.

He's pleased me. I look forward to on October 3.

BRIEF INFORMATION
Costello, born August 25, 1954. He is originally from England and the British, but not very good. His wife, jazz singer Diana Krall and their children living in Toronto. America had a chat program on TV last winter. Following in the program thanks to the famous guests.

Costello's "deity," Bob Dylan. Costello, who also toured with Dylan, I discovered a very young age. His mother, a good music dinleyicisiyken father hates rock music, music radio began kapatırmış. Costello White Saray'la from the best. Last year, there had given concerts. Bill Clinton's daughter's name (Chelsea), inspired by the song entitled Chelsea Costello. But Costello, "Bill, I admire very Diana'ya my wife," he says.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

That's some trippy shit.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

"he is originally from England...but not very good"

That is the quote of the day! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

johnfoyle wrote:Now my questions do I begin?

Of course, the excitement is.
Of course.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

All this is irrelevant until the question of Elvis supporting The Police is properly addressed...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone here going?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Tried to get a colleague who's on a work trip to Turkey to go, but she only flies in to Istanbul that evening. Tried to get another to go to the Athens one. She lives there, but was off to NYC the next morning, so gave it a miss. Tried my best, Elvis, honest!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I guess this is an ad for the show.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150361757346657
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

am i correct ANCT? these are the only ones i have added since this SOLO tour began...

196. LAST BOAT LEAVING
197. DON'T BOTHER ME
198. IT DON'T BOTHER ME
199. NATIONAL RANSOM No. 5
200. HOME IS ANYWHERE YOU HANG YOUR HEAD
201. RADIO SILENCE
202. MY FUNNY VALENTINE
And No Coffee Table

I think so. You may like this page:
http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... ngers_Tour
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

of course i like it! i ALWAYS like OCD statistical kooks busy work pertaining to LIVE ELVIS shows!!! :lol:
krm

Post by krm »

we all like it! :-)
And No Coffee Table

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Great shot. Look at all those empty seats - shame we can't all be there.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Yanyna

Post by Yanyna »

http://www.istanbulajansi.com/2/1/11/49 ... -esti.html

Google Translate:

Elvis Costello, the magical sounds of the world, captivated art lovers with a concert last night.

In 1977, 'My Aim Is True' album began his music career and released since the Beatles in Liverpool `s considered one of the most important men in music, Elvis Costello, met with fans in Istanbul.

Bob Dylan came from then considered to be the best songwriter, rock, pop, soul, jazz, such as the types of music, which brings together a unique interpretation of Costello, Tim Maslak Show Center took the stage yesterday.

A revolution in pop music history, and the group recorded with the Attractions 'Imperial Bedroom' album, as well as Julia Roberts film `s unforgettable 'Nothing Hill Soundtrack` i' She 'and the soundtrack to the film of the same name with `i' I You want 'who signed the memorable baladlara the artist and the magical sound of popular songs with the Turkish audience gave a great feast of music.

"Everything Important I Learned In Life Was From Woody Allen."