Elvis to guest star on Sesame Street

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

Elvis to guest star on Sesame Street

Post by And No Coffee Table »

As predicted by FAVEHOUR!
#SesameStreet turns 42 this year---Elvis Costello is among the guests and there will be a #Glee spoof called "G." #tcas11 #pbs
http://twitter.com/#!/TVGuideMagazine/s ... 9200403456
fred darden

Re: Elvis to guest star on Sesame Street

Post by fred darden »

anybody got an air date for this? if not, we can all just wait for doc's fab youtube channel. peace
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

Diana did a guest spot on there once (probably a decade ago now):

Natasha

Post by Natasha »

That will be great! I love him "acting". I think he should "act" more often.
“Between tenderness and brute force.”

Last FM
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

When was the last time Sesame Street was shown in the UK? Must be 20 years ago
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Found this on tumblr.

Last FM
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

That works for me-two 'hep cats'- have to love the hats. Thank you for sharing. Still feel there is a good children's album in his future-maybe some fun takes on Lear nonsense rhymes.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Christopher Sjoholm wrote:Still feel there is a good children's album in his future-maybe some fun takes on Lear nonsense rhymes.
Diana Krall joked about making an album for children in an interview to a newspaper here in Brazil. She said:

"I hope to make a children's album. If I collaborate with Elvis, it would be really fun. We could do a crazy rock, and he would write about bugs or something."

Well, maybe she was not joking. Here's the link for the interview: http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/200 ... 061121.asp

Last FM
Jack of All Parades

We can hope- thank you for the link but unfortunately I do not read Portuguese- is there a translation?
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I can translate it. There's nothing so much important about it but I'll translate the most interesting parts.

Her marriage to Costello in 2003 brought together two musical forces, and the influence of the British rock star seemed clear in Krall's album "The Girl in the Other Room," 2004.
(...)
Diana Krall is best known for her interpretations of jazz standards, but "Girl in the Other Room" included some songs she wrote and composed with Costello. Purists were not entirely satisfied, because they thought she walked away from what they expected, when presenting material that was more from a contemporary singer / songwriter than properly jazz.

Krall recalls that some fans left before the end of her concert that year at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
(...)
The Canadian singer and pianist said she might want to collaborate with the man she calls Elvis - at least in public - instead of his real name, Declan, on a CD for children.

"I hope to make a children's album. If I collaborate with Elvis, it would be really fun. We could do a crazy rock, and he would write about bugs or something."

But Krall said she has no plans to combine hers and her husband's talents in his albums. The two work independently on their albums, but listen to demo tapes of each other to see the mutual reactions.

After she writes, Costello may give ideas about the sequence of songs, effects and other elements of post-production, but Krall recalls that his gift is to write lyrics, while hers is to compose the melodies. "I can not write a lyric in any way," she said.

"That's why Elvis and I combine so much. We have the same intensity and passion for things, we want to be artists and do what we feel is right," she said.
Last edited by Natasha on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last FM
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I forgot to mention that her phone rings during the interview and she says "It's the nanny. The boys had lunch and now they are napping. Elvis is taking care of them in Vancouver."
Cute. :)

Last FM
Jack of All Parades

Thank you- seems a very nice partnership-love the notion that he is actively involved in rearing the kids as best as he can given their various schedules.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Elvis_Costello

Elvis Costello (b.1954) is an English singer-songwriter. In 2011, Costello performed with Kami, Telly Monster, Abby Cadabby, Grover and Cookie Monster at the Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala.

Costello has written for Vanity Fair, and appeared as himself in the feature film Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and the television series 30 Rock and 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Costello will appear on Sesame Street for the song "Ate My Red Two", a parody of his song "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes", with Elmo and Cookie Monster.

http://io9.com/5844758/sesame-street-ho ... ath-scores

Sep 28, 2011

(extract)

The brand new 42nd season of Sesame Street will be brought to you by STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)! This year, the word on the Street is all about Math and Science. Which means Elmo singing about the number 10 with Elvis Costello, science experiments, and learning about engineering by launching a puppet out of a cannon!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

My DVR just informed me that Elvis will be on the October 21st episode. The episode synopsis doesn't mention EC, but the search function turns up this episode, so I'm going to tape it. I assume he is only appearing in one episode.

Dave
Kevin Davis

Post by Kevin Davis »

What do you think are the odds that Elvis will wear a skin-tight, flesh-colored bodysuit and get his episode banned?
KD's music blog
KD's book
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

FAVEHOUR wrote:My DVR just informed me that Elvis will be on the October 21st episode. The episode synopsis doesn't mention EC, but the search function turns up this episode, so I'm going to tape it. I assume he is only appearing in one episode.

Dave
You nailed it Dave. My TiVo has been programmed.

http://archive.sesameworkshop.org/about ... dates.html

10/21/11 4267 Baby Bear's Baby Doll

Seth Rogen
Elvis Costello

WOTS – Embarrassed
Song – "A Monster Went and Ate My Red Two"
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Sesame Street has put a clip up on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxardpBReQc
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

All I'm able to say right now is:

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW *sigh*

Last FM
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

(Ok. After I died of cuteness now I'm able to articulate a bit more).

Gotta love his acting skills. lol. Definetely I'll show this to my nephews.

Thanks for posting , Favehour!

Last FM
Jack of All Parades

Argument over; case made most emphatically. When can we expect that long anticipated children's album to ship? That was simply delightful. If only my daughter's were little girls again!
blureu

Post by blureu »

Over 1700 views so far!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Outstanding! Elmo as mini-EC.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I don't have kids. I don't know how I feel about this. I think if I did have kids they'd probably be frightened by what they saw.
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

... Lovely - ta for link ... was able to post link to someone who just bought red shoes ...

Much better even than Paul Simon - 'Put down the Ducky' ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQsaEdJ1aI
Last edited by charliestumpy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
migdd

Post by migdd »

My daughter is now 15, born in 1996 - just a few months after the release of ATUB. As an infant, she wouldn't sleep unless rocked to The Other End of the Telescope. Both her and my son's first dancing outburst was the result of listening to the online previews of Tear Off Your Own Head and 45 just a few years later.

The concept (and reality) of Elvis singing with Elmo is probably more frightening to us over-contemplative adults than it is to young kids.
Last edited by migdd on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.