first VEGAS show recording 5-29-99

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

first VEGAS show recording 5-29-99

Post by bronxapostle »

a little help on this one guys please. as i come to learn favehour was present for this one, it reminded me of NOT recalling artwork for it. subsequently, wiki tells me no known bootleg. should i re-master this one next for sharing? think it was a decent recording. verify that this needs to be done. doc? dave? earl? anct? any boot/stats person out there please. thanks, ba p.s. to favedave: you owe wiki a setlist for that "unknown" NYC date you attended on 3-9-2 please!
SoulForHire

Re: first VEGAS show recording 5-29-99

Post by SoulForHire »

This ABSOLUTELY needs to be shared at the very least for my own selfish reasons. I was also there, front row.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

looks like a quiet Sunday at home. might do it today! and if doc and i get together tuesday for red bank, you just might see it up soon soul!
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

bronxapostle wrote:... artwork for it.
John E's artwork archive has some art for it:
    • Image Image
bronxapostle wrote:should i re-master this one next for sharing? think it was a decent recording. verify that this needs to be done. doc? dave? earl? anct? any boot/stats person out there please.
It's never been on Dime as far as I can recall, so yes, please and thanks (though personally I'd rather hear it as is, without any re-mastering).
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

bronxapostle wrote:should i re-master this one next for sharing? think it was a decent recording. verify that this needs to be done. doc? dave? earl? anct? any boot/stats person out there please.
It's never been on Dime as far as I can recall, so yes, please and thanks (though personally I'd rather hear it as is, without any re-mastering).[/quote]

That would be most welcome :)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no earl, i don't mean any real re-mastering cos i ALWAYS prefer the original sound of my recording, NO EQUALIZER!!! so, no worry there. but, now i am left wondering....is this one john e made art for my from my original transfer to cd? i only shared it with one friend, but i know he trades. i'll need one of you sharp earred collectors to decide if mine is the one that someone obviously already has in hand. back on those days, i had to transfer at the stereo. now that i do so at the computer i make beautifully clean tracks. i am doing the transfer now, cassette sounds damn good. a little low, so like i always say, PLAY MY RECORDINGS LOUD!!! they won't distort!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Definitely got this,BA. I'm not sure of the source, because I recorded so many of the Costello/Nieve shows here in the UK, I was trading with numerous US fans for about 6 months. I have a feeling I have art work which is different to the JohnE show. I'll dig it out now that I've finished redecorating (for about a week !!)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i got a hunch i was the only taper in NEVADA that night! if you got it from our dear friend A.M. of Sheffield, it's mine! please find, LOVE additional artwork.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

hey doc...was that little tracking problem for sweetheart/jackie a pain? i will try to get them more "READY" for you from now on. i know you have a lot of work. a week later i figure i'll bump this just to remind you about it. call u soon.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Whoo hoo! Thanks guys.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Checked my CD source and I was confusing it with the 2002 Vegas Show :oops:
I'll check my minidisc recording and see if it reflects the dime one - thanks anyway BA and Doc. Will send you a PM re DVDs at some stage after my night shift, Doc !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i'll still bet that you got this one from Andrew...keep me posted! THANKS DOC! p.s. i did NOT got to VEGAS in 2002.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

sulky lad wrote:Checked my CD source and I was confusing it with the 2002 Vegas Show :oops:
Was this ever torrented anywhere? I do not have this one (which I was at) and the wiki notes no known recording.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

soul...we are trying to decipher with SULKY's assistance, if the one that circulated years back was mine! so, we are imagining it is the first time torrented either way. was the recording enjoyable for a fellow attendee???
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

I may be VERY biased, but I find this to be quite an enjoyable recording for a number of reasons. This was the only time I ever saw EC and Nieve as just a duo and to me the recording somehow really is able to capture some of the real magic from the night.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks soul! hence my fondness for my CASSETTE recordings! they sound like THE NIGHT! not a compressed, digitized, sterile sound. so glad you enjoyed. look for loads more over the coming months with doc's great assistance on the uploads!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

I think one of the charms of audience recordings is what you said, BA: they sound like the night of the show. A good contrast is the Rome show from the Brutal Youth tour. Sure, the vocals and instruments are crystal clear on that recording, but you do not hear the crowd one bit. You know that the crowd in Rome was likely going nuts and otherwise being quite loud and vocal through out the whole show. So I am sure, regardless of how "good" that recording was, it really did not capture the real "magic" of the show.

I really came to this conclusion a little while ago when someone was commenting on how the vocals on a Them Crooked Vultures bootleg I had sounded so washed out. I responded by commenting that the vocals did sound washed out, but that was EXACTLY how they sounded live in the venue (and I was standing FOB DFC at the show). Thus, the "washed out" vocals brought me right back to that night.