Request: Where Is The Love ?

Pretty self-explanatory
when i was cruel

Request: Where Is The Love ?

Post by when i was cruel »

I have recently stumbled upon this song only to find that I would have to re buy River In Reverse on iTunes which does me no use seeing as how I already own the vinyl and CD version, so if someone does have this song it would be immensely appreciated.

WIWC
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
charliestumpy

Re: Request: Where Is The Love ?

Post by charliestumpy »

It is rumoured allegedly that on SoulSeek (part of most days each UK morning ... like now) this can be heard prior to re-re-re purchase etc blah blah.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
jmm

Post by jmm »

It was available thru a link elsewhere on this site awhile back. I encourage you to do try the search function (but who knows if the link will still work)

I did have the chance to ask AT if this was about George W Bush once and he replied "you've got us there!"
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

You can buy the track on its own in iTunes (UK)
when i was cruel

Problem is I live in Calgary
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

SoulSeek is available for legal usage to people who live in Calgary/everywhere really. Very useful until a purchase can be effected. I too - being fortunate/unfortunate enough to live in UK - bought the iTunes track. Seek soul (at the right time of day/week) and ye shall find. I do not condone illegally sharing files/advocate purchase when stuff is available for purchase. It IMO/FME is quite possible to enjoy the occasional listen to otherwise unavailable song even from cack bitrate iTunes purchase, until such time as we can all purchase on superior good vinyl.
when i was cruel

I agree with the vinyl, I pulled out my old Spike vinyl, I almost cried at how clear it was.
when i was cruel

GOT THE SONG ! :)
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

A gentle reminder that when a recording is available for legal purchase, it is decidedly uncool to snatch it for free. Unauthorized distribution of licensed material -- music, software, books, etc -- is not right.
when i was cruel

No, no, no. I ended up saying fuck it and now I own three copies of the album
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

I absolutely agree that when we can buy, we should - it IMO adds usually to the enjoyment.

I am glad that WIWC now rightfully has the song/has enjoyed the quest to obtain it/can hear it at last.
cwr

Post by cwr »

I know that Elvis has lawyers which issue cease-and-desist type letters to sites that have unauthorized mp3s and links and so forth, but I hope that Elvis also has people who advise him that it is silly to have songs like "Where Is The Love?" only available as "album only" tracks on iTunes.

I own "Where Is The Love?" only because at one point someone gave me a twenty-five dollar iTunes gift card and I decided to splurge and RE-purchase an album that I had already bought on CD and LP. JUST to get that ONE song.

And it's a good song! Elvis and Allan Toussaint effectively wrote and recorded it primarily so it could be heard by the fraction of their audience that only buys their music on iTunes.

Now, I understand that these kinds of deals exist for a reason, but surely at some point it would have been okay for iTunes to lift the "album only" restriction, right? I mean, it's years and YEARS later, they can't unlock the song and sell it for a dollar? It seems like a waste of a song.