STEVE NIEVE not well tonight 6-27-11

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

STEVE NIEVE not well tonight 6-27-11

Post by bronxapostle »

let's hope it's nothing bad, but it appears at TWITTER that Steve has taken ill yet Elvis remains playing solo! hope that means Steve is NOT seriously ill.
queenofthefleapit

Re: STEVE NIEVE not well tonight 6-27-11

Post by queenofthefleapit »

I can't imagine that Elvis would continue playing if it was something dire. Still, I am rather worried... :(
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

queenofthefleapit wrote:I can't imagine that Elvis would continue playing if it was something dire. Still, I am rather worried... :(
my sentiments exactly queenie! let us pray.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sorry i am not adept at cutting the tweet, but here is another:

ekuhn Eric Kuhn
Hope the keyboard player feels better, but wow Elvis Costello on stage solo with a guitar for 30 minutes was AWESOME.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

damn, i guess we will have to wait until tomorrow for more news. hope he is VERY well. okay, for good with the bad, it is official: i am GRANDFATHER bronxapostle NOW! baby LEAH is here!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:damn, i guess we will have to wait until tomorrow for more news. hope he is VERY well. okay, for good with the bad, it is official: i am GRANDFATHER bronxapostle NOW! baby LEAH is here!
Congrats grandpa!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks doc.... :D :D :D
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Steve "liked" El Burrito on FB earlier today. Hope this is just a case of indigestion.

Seriously, though, I hope all is well. So far there's only 1 guy saying "heart attack" and it could be baseless.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Steve suffered a "severe muscle spasm", nothing more apparently.

http://www.elviscostello.com/news/-stev ... y-well/168

MOOT
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

great news...
docinwestchester

Being in the medical field and knowing how bad things can get, coupled with what just happened to Clarence Clemons, last night's news had me very worried. As our musical heroes grow older, these health scares become more frequent and more serious. Glad to hear it was just a cramp.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I hope Steve doesn't feel pressured into returning too quickly - just so long as he's OK for the UK tour next year !! After all, he's played more than enough US shows already :lol: :roll:
Congrats to BA too - now Grandpappy Benny - is this the time to indoctrinate your granddaughter with musical influences ? !!
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

docinwestchester wrote:Being in the medical field and knowing how bad things can get, coupled with what just happened to Clarence Clemons, last night's news had me very worried. As our musical heroes grow older, these health scares become more frequent and more serious. Glad to hear it was just a cramp.
Agree, I'm really glad it's nothing serious. Hope he feels better soon
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:I hope Steve doesn't feel pressured into returning too quickly - just so long as he's OK for the UK tour next year !! After all, he's played more than enough US shows already :lol: :roll:
Congrats to BA too - now Grandpappy Benny - is this the time to indoctrinate your granddaughter with musical influences ? !!

thanks sulky sir! sure hope he gets to you with the wheel soon! Leah has NOT yet heard her first EC song. but, i'll fix that right quick!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote: Leah has NOT yet heard her first EC song. but, i'll fix that right quick!
More important, when does she go to her first NYC area EC gig and how soon do you teach her the lost art of the tape flip?!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

AND how to chart and graph her songs seen live as well as ascertaining the song titles of odd little tidbits of songs tacked on to EC tunes!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:AND how to chart and graph her songs seen live as well as ascertaining the song titles of odd little tidbits of songs tacked on to EC tunes!
Her first word may very well be "snippet".
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

better yet..."snippets matter"
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

So what's the best EC song to play to a youngster as a first experience ? I'd pick a song nowhere near my top 20 but New Lace Sleeves seems like a gentle introduction which contains all the classic Costello elements - though for Leah, probably (Grand) Daddy Can I Turn This ( Cassette over now ) ! :roll:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote: though for Leah, probably (Grand) Daddy Can I Turn This ( Cassette over now ) ! :roll:
you're a pisser SL, and that's a GOOD thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

sulky lad wrote:So what's the best EC song to play to a youngster as a first experience ? I'd pick a song nowhere near my top 20 but New Lace Sleeves seems like a gentle introduction which contains all the classic Costello elements - though for Leah, probably (Grand) Daddy Can I Turn This ( Cassette over now ) ! :roll:
How about "Put Your Big Toe In The Milk of Human Kindness"-- originally written for a (yet to be identified) Disney movie, as I recall.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

sulky lad wrote:....though for Leah, probably (Grand) Daddy Can I Turn This ( Cassette over now ) ! :roll:
:lol: That is your best post ever sulky my lad. I'd be proud of that one.

Congrats ba.

On the subject of Steve, thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious.

Doc - is this something likely to reoccur?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
docinwestchester

verbal gymnastics wrote: On the subject of Steve, thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious.

Doc - is this something likely to reoccur?
I'm really not sure of the diagnosis, but he was back to work promptly, which is a good sign.

For me, Steve is an essential and indispensible component of any non-solo Elvis show. He simply cannot get sick again. Period.
scamp

Post by scamp »

sulky lad wrote:So what's the best EC song to play to a youngster as a first experience ? I'd pick a song nowhere near my top 20 but New Lace Sleeves seems like a gentle introduction which contains all the classic Costello elements - though for Leah, probably (Grand) Daddy Can I Turn This ( Cassette over now ) ! :roll:
My daughter really caught onto Green Shirt but always recognizes Party Girl too. Wave A White Flag is a recent favorite now though I have to remind her not to sing it in public.