Elvis on MTV Unplugged 1991 Complete Video With All Outtakes

Pretty self-explanatory
docinwestchester

Elvis on MTV Unplugged 1991 Complete Video With All Outtakes

Post by docinwestchester »

Weird show. His voice is shot. He's in "the beard" phase so he looks strange. There's very little banter with the audience. The set list is obscure and off-putting to the MTV-watching masses. Yet somehow this works, I'm not sure why. Maybe for all the reasons I just listed. But it might be the performance of Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4 where he sits down at the piano (aka "joanna") and pretty much bares his soul that makes this a very good show.

Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head (aborted by EC!)
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
So Like Candy/I Want You
The Other Side Of Summer
Must You Throw Dirt In My Face
Hidden Charms
Everybody's Crying Mercy
Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4
Bama Lama Bama Loo

At some point soon, I'll be putting this up on Demonoid as a DVD with menu/chapters. I can't use Dime since three tracks — "Deep Dark Truthful Mirror", "The Other Side Of Summer", and "Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)" — are officially released on Mighty Like A Rose (Rhino reissue) (2002).
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis on MTV Unplugged 1991 Complete Video With All Outt

Post by bronxapostle »

but, but, but...where'd you acquire these doc? i found the OFFICIAL WARNER BROTHERS PROMO ONLY VHS if you'd rather work with that?
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Though you can't upload this on Dime, and you put it up on Zombtracker, Traders Den, Yeeshkul, Mindwarppavillion, or Hunger City? I can't access Demonoid.
RonDoc

Post by RonDoc »

Thanks again Doc, you have brightened up a really dark evening in my life, Bravo !
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:but, but, but...where'd you acquire these doc? i found the OFFICIAL WARNER BROTHERS PROMO ONLY VHS if you'd rather work with that?
I have the same source (I think). But maybe yours is a lower generation copy. Bring it to our next meeting, ok?
docinwestchester

SoulForHire wrote:Though you can't upload this on Dime, and you put it up on Zombtracker, Traders Den, Yeeshkul, Mindwarppavillion, or Hunger City? I can't access Demonoid.
No official material allowed on Traders Den, I think. Hunger City is having server issues, once again. Don't know about the others. Why can't you access Demonoid? Do you need an invite code?
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

I would need an invite code
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

SoulForHire wrote:I would need an invite code
I have no code also, but I follow the here provided link. I avoid so the page where you need to log in and can download the torrent.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

Thanks for this Doc by the way that I Want You Candy was awesome and home would have been good for once if his guitar wasn't out of tune
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

SoulForHire wrote:I would need an invite code
Never mind. It has been awhile since I've been to Demonoid. I see that it is now open for new members.
docinwestchester

SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Thanks. I've really been getting into the Rude 5 lately. Listening to the boots from that era now, I find the shows better than I recall. They really did great performances of Spike material. I wish EC played more Spike still, including This Town and Let Him Dangle
brilliantmistake

Post by brilliantmistake »

I agree. I've always been a fan of the Rude 5. One of the more under appreciated EC backing bands. I have a few bootlegs from the 89 and the 91 Rude 5. I prefer the more moody 91 Rude 5 over the 89. The shows from that tour seem to have some bitterness too them that I really liked. Glad to have a DVD copy of the unplugged (I had a horrible CDROM version of it). This is really a nice transfer. Great work! The versions of the MLAR tunes are awesome.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

I've watched Deep Dark Truthful Mirror - amazing, it sent shivers up and down my spine! His voice is shot but he can still reach the big notes, and the gravel actually adds to the performance, I think!

I've always thought this song could've become a classic if it weren't for the weird hallucinatory lyrics - the first line is so beautiful that you expect a rapturous love song of some sort, and if he'd gone that route this song could've been a standard love song now. But crazy lines like 'a stripping puppet on a liquid stick - gets into it, pretty thick' and 'did you ever see a stare like a Persian cat?' take it to a different, weirder, less accessible place for the masses.

Still, great performance! (Although I know Verbal doesn't like this song!)
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

Excellent upload, many thanks for this
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
emotional_fascism076

Re: Elvis on MTV Unplugged 1991 Complete Video With All Outtakes

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Can this be shared again? I've never seen the whole show.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?