Elvis/Imposters/ Wellmont Theater, NJ, Oct.5 '11

Pretty self-explanatory
docinwestchester

Re: Elvis/Imposters/ Wellmont Theater, NJ, Oct.5 '11

Post by docinwestchester »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Now they just need to play something from The Juliet Letters at either of the next two shows, and the album scorecard will be complete.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... olver_Tour (top of page)
Dude, that is an amazing job by you. I love the album scorecard. Are you an accountant, by any chance?

If anyone from the EC camp reads this board, PLEASE get the word back that The Juliet Letters need to be represented. No goose eggs allowed!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:BA writes
recorded
I love you, man !

in all the glory of the EVER DISRESPECTED analog cassette!! SONY TCM, Maxell cassettes and AA batteries FOREVER! i love when i have an empty seat right next to me (thanks DOC!) and i get to plop it there, write the setlist, take a few pics, talk to the mrs/friends on the opposite side of sony. wait till you hear this one. not a note of music missed. allow me to be spiteful for a moment. if there is no digital recording (i wouldn't miss it!), watch how everyone digs this. slightly sad to not be back for one more tonight. hope it's a great one and i don't miss more than two that i've never seen and i won't cry about it! i am always grateful for what God gives me and try not to moan...unless its about digital dorks who don't comprehend that MINE SOUNDS BETTER!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

okay crunch time ANCT! not only does I WANT YOU, after the little "i say a little prayer" tidbit have another long fragment about "the last thing i remember, a needle, etc" but also...PUMP IT UP has something resembling aint that a lot of love, but i do NOT think it is that! i'd like to email you two mp3's for setlist accuracy. or, you'll hear them by saturday with the good assistance of doc uploading at dime! thanks, b
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

docinwestchester wrote:
And No Coffee Table wrote:Now they just need to play something from The Juliet Letters at either of the next two shows, and the album scorecard will be complete.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... olver_Tour (top of page)
If anyone from the EC camp reads this board, PLEASE get the word back that The Juliet Letters need to be represented. No goose eggs allowed!
Indeed!

And for the sake of completeness, maybe they could also knock out a performance of "No Wonder" from For The Stars,
which was last played by Costello & Nieve in 2006, and by EC & The Imposters in 2005.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:
pills & soap and fragments missing. too pissed to update now. docs ticket went to waste. endless stream of people walking in front of us all night. video would have sucked CC. but a great show! ELVIS MEGAPHONE!! but shitty trip home, thanks to NJ police crappy detour signs. glad not there tomorrow

ANCT is a MONSTER...w/o even hearing it, he figured SENOR (TALES OF YANKEE POWER) as the tidbit ending I WANT YOU! for his next trick, he will tell us what two lines he sang in PUMP!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Lotsa photos -

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... lo_20.html

incl. -

The best way!
docinwestchester

Steven Colbert was there?! He should have come up for a little "All I Have To Do Is Dream".
docinwestchester

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks for all your hard work to share this quickly doc. i wonder if there is a 10-6 tape coming. cool, you obviously can now read the way i title tracks, huh?
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:thanks for all your hard work to share this quickly doc. i wonder if there is a 10-6 tape coming. cool, you obviously can now read the way i title tracks, huh?
I can read your track titles when I use my Napster media player, for some reason.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

How did I miss this recording? I can't wait to download and listen to Still.

Thanks, BA!!! And Doc too!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

just went up an hour ago bobby boy...hope u enjoy!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

That samples sound great
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i love a grateful, receptive bootleg fan. thanks...you always dig my work. i've said it before, let me say it once more. this is the stuff that makes me happy. here i sit, 30 miles from the theater, where 48 hours ago, i was watching this VERY show. as i had the EVER WELCOME empty seat to my left, there sat my little SONY, slightly perched where the built in microphone sits jutting out of my dungaree jacket pocket and unobstructed towards the music. i have TWO free hands. i can applaud, i write the setlist and jot little notes, i shoot pictures with my new CANON, i talk to my lovely wife to my right, i have a good time, i get my money's worth, i enjoy the show, i watch the clock to flip a tape every 45 minutes, i glance for security. no big problems, all is great! i get home, verify all four sides of tape have music. i awake the next day, play it at my computer, break it into tracks, rip it to cd. for a show that clocked in at 2:35....this procedure just described takes nearly five hours!!! but, when you do things with love, it's a breeze. i get it to the good doctor, who uploads it at dime and VOILA!!! 48 hours later...people in maryland, sheffield, vegas, italia, new jersey, switzerland and san diego are ALL HEARING WHAT I RECORDED easily and gratefully. is this better than having a digital recorder with stand alone microphones, watching levels, not being able to talk, clap or cheer? hell yeah! old fashioned ba tapes: LOVE em or leave em. :)
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA wrote
people in maryland, sheffield, vegas, italia, new jersey, switzerland and san diego are ALL HEARING WHAT I RECORDED easily and gratefully.
You missed out Sutton Coldfield, centre of the UK and the known Euro Universe :roll:
Like you say, BA recording is a labour of love not only on a personal level but also for the friends and fans that you don't know who share and appreciate your efforts. I hope 2012 will be a time when I can reciprocate in some small way but your efforts along with The Doc and all the other tapers are hugely appreciated by all of us in the UK who can't get to see ANY of these brilliant shows !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:BA wrote
people in maryland, sheffield, vegas, italia, new jersey, switzerland and san diego are ALL HEARING WHAT I RECORDED easily and gratefully.
Sutton Coldfield, centre of the UK and the known Euro Universe :roll: I hope 2012 will be a time when I can reciprocate in some small way

come on....that's not a real place!!! sounds like a cough drop company. no wonder elvis don't get there. even HE can't find it.

bad jokes aside, i too hope to get to hear YOUR recordings in the coming year. he'll write new songs by then...
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

If you think Sutton Coldfield is bad, my local address is Wylde Green (how very English, you may think !!)
I'm just hoping Amsterdam and Sligo provide three solo Juliet songs which I'll then keep to myself - or at least lose them from my analogue recordings :lol:
Listened to disc 1 of 1st October on the way to work today, sounds really fine and the speech between songs is clearer than usual- any clues why. Great effort once again, many thanks. :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

me...i prefer CRICKLEWOOD GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you mean MY recording of 10-1??? if so, just call me CRYSTAL CLEAR ANALOG ba. that hall has great acoustics i think. my Sugarcanes from 09 is VERY NICE too! you might be surprised to hear me say...better than the digital one that circulates. or you may NOT be surprised to hear me say that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

you didnt get to 10-5 yet? it's pretty good too.
WhisperToAScream

Post by WhisperToAScream »

Hello all, I'm a long-time lurker and obsessive Elvis fan. Not much for message boards, but I just had to write and thanks bronxapostle for the absolutely amazing recording! I've not been able to get out to shows for several years (small children!), and this show was indescribably special to me. To be able to sit at home and relive this amazing night near brings tears to my eyes!

And thanks to you all for keeping me up-to-date on my EC news throughout the years!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

my pleasure....that's why i do it. to make a person smile...or cry!!!
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

docinwestchester wrote:ba's recording is now on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=376792
Ta for sharing info/concert ... am just d'loading now/hope someone uploads too ...
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Suitable mp3s of this show - including the cluster of rare/otherwise unheard ones listed above - available on Soulseek.