Elvis and the Imposters Red Bank NJ July 26, 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
sulky lad

Re: Elvis and the Imposters Red Bank NJ July 26, 2011

Post by sulky lad »

Finally got around to listening to BA's analogue recording over the weekend and Doc's DVD recording and they are both amazing in their own way. The quality of the footage is outstanding - I've just finished looking at a recording from the beacon Theatre of Costello/Nieve in 1999 and the advance in quality and technology is astounding, thanks so much Doc. As for BA's recording, the richness of the vocals over the digital recording is hard to deny and definitely gives the recording the feeling that you're in the theatre. I've yet to hear or read a credible explanation why digital recordings often fail to capture "the atmosphere" and logically there shouldn't be a reason since all recordings are only capturing the audible signals but there have certainly been times when I've listened back to my recordings on the journey home from a concert I've recorded and I've had to stop listening because the recording doesn't reflect the sounds and images I've "recorded" in my head from the previous few hours. Any technophile have any knowledge or care to elaborate ?
Anyway thanks again to our principal East Coast archivists - now find us the Maine show with Cry, Cry, Cry on it !! :roll:
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Sulky,

Cry Cry Cry is also on the Newport show, which doc did put up on Mediafire and which may show up on Dime...

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Finally got around to listening to BA's analogue recording over the weekend and Doc's DVD recording and they are both amazing in their own way. The quality of the footage is outstanding - I've just finished looking at a recording from the beacon Theatre of Costello/Nieve in 1999 and the advance in quality and technology is astounding, thanks so much Doc. As for BA's recording, the richness of the vocals over the digital recording is hard to deny and definitely gives the recording the feeling that you're in the theatre. I've yet to hear or read a credible explanation why digital recordings often fail to capture "the atmosphere" and logically there shouldn't be a reason since all recordings are only capturing the audible signals but there have certainly been times when I've listened back to my recordings on the journey home from a concert I've recorded and I've had to stop listening because the recording doesn't reflect the sounds and images I've "recorded" in my head from the previous few hours. Any technophile have any knowledge or care to elaborate ?
Anyway thanks again to our principal East Coast archivists - now find us the Maine show with Cry, Cry, Cry on it !! :roll:

i think i love you sulky!!!!!!!

no denying ANALOG trumps DIGITAL mostly always. it's just some people will just NOT relent on this. i have come to the conclusion that people who LIKE analog better, just have BETTER ears, hearing and truth telling capabilities!!! digital can sometimes be okay, but nearly EVER approaches the REAL SOUND OF THE NIGHT! so, does anybody want to buy a once used ZOOM recorder??? i am FOREVER sticking with my cassettes, even if i suffer a mid-song tape flip or the most unwelcome tape jam which has me lose 40-45 minutes here and there! yes, docs video is stellar (and the AUDIO from that VERY TRUE!) but stick to bronx for AUDIO recording on this show!!!! if you dl'ed docs BEFORE mine was up, do NOT deprive yourself: GO GET MINE TOO! tho, honestly, i have yet to hear his recording entirely. but i will soon...and i somehow get the feeling i'll prefer mine. NO OFFENSE doc. just wish ONCE you would come out and say "yeh, yours is better ba!" :oops: :oops: :oops:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:

i think i love you sulky!!!!!!!

no denying ANALOG trumps DIGITAL mostly always. it's just some people will just NOT relent on this. i have come to the conclusion that people who LIKE analog better, just have BETTER ears, hearing and truth telling capabilities!!! digital can sometimes be okay, but nearly EVER approaches the REAL SOUND OF THE NIGHT! so, does anybody want to buy a once used ZOOM recorder??? i am FOREVER sticking with my cassettes, even if i suffer a mid-song tape flip or the most unwelcome tape jam which has me lose 40-45 minutes here and there! yes, docs video is stellar (and the AUDIO from that VERY TRUE!) but stick to bronx for AUDIO recording on this show!!!! if you dl'ed docs BEFORE mine was up, do NOT deprive yourself: GO GET MINE TOO! tho, honestly, i have yet to hear his recording entirely. but i will soon...and i somehow get the feeling i'll prefer mine. NO OFFENSE doc. just wish ONCE you would come out and say "yeh, yours is better ba!" :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm stubborn. And a digital snob.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

damn you are stubborn! okay, i'll say it...MINE IS BETTER FROM RED BANK!!! :D :D :D hey, go sign in at alternate names thread!!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

oh, and get the terminology right: it's DIGITAL DORK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
docinwestchester

docinwestchester

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

woo-hoooo! BLU RAY too now doc! VERY HIGH TECH ARE YOU!!! :lol: :lol: