Reconsidering Extreme Honey

Pretty self-explanatory
El Vez

Reconsidering Extreme Honey

Post by El Vez »

I know that anyone looking for a comprehensive overview of E.C.'s catalogue would not want to start with this disc and its half-assed birth was eloquently bemoaned by The Man himself on his excellent ATUB liner notes. Still, I think this is a damn fine listen and culls some of the most interesting material from a criminally underrated period in his journey. I've read some pretty brutal reviews of this compilation on various music sites and I just wanted to chime in for my tupenny's worth.
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

Extreme Honey was one of the first EC CDs I got...and I agree, it was hard to get into (besides Veronica, Sulky Girl, etc). But, now that I own most of the albums that make up this disc, I really enjoy having the compilation to throw on from time to time....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

El, i DID start with that disc! :D

and now i'm a fanatic.

I thought he was GREAT! This lounge singer with meaningful lyrics!

extreme honey is great, but my next disc was My Aim is True, and I think EH just made MAIT sound even better.

after listening to Extreme Honey, I didn't see MAIT coming. TOTALLY DIFFERENT in style. Then I bough This Year's Model, and the rest, is history.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I really love Extreme Honey! It has a great mix which is a bit different and when I get stuck in a rut, I put it on.
I'm not angry anymore....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

sweety, I did exactly that just last week
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.