I'm going North!!!

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

I'm going North!!!

Post by LessThanZero »

Color tour up to the Upper Peninsula with my grandparents.

I know it doesn't sound too exciting to you guys, but it will be great.

and it's NORTH! I am such a good fan. :wink:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Im going North too, next week . . .

Excellent 8)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm already North... yeah!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Me, too....but only to the San Francisco area...

I wish I was going to Canada!! Beautiful country!! Just freakin cold!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

That's why people come in the summer, when it can get up to the mid-90's. :)
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Anybody ever been extremely North?

We (the wife and I) always half about taking a trip up to Yellowknife.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I guess the furthest North I've been is Nottingham, England.

I didn't go any further north (unfortunately) in England, and as far as latitude goes that's the highest.

Toronto, Canada is at about the same latitude as the French-Spanish border, which is kind of funny, since the weather on the French-Spanish border is a LOT warmer. Hell, the winter was a lot milder in England than it is in Canada.

The furthest north I've been in North America is Sudbury, Ontario and Quebec City, Quebec, which are both at about the same latitude. I haven't been all that far north here. I should go up to Hudson Bay sometime.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

The furthest north Ive been is Helsinki, Finland, but that was in June.

It was nice . . .
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

I'm in Milton Keynes
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
A rope leash

Just curious...

Post by A rope leash »

Wow! What's that like?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Boy With A Problem wrote:Anybody ever been extremely North?

i spent a week travelling around alaska, and a week in Bethel AK. Bethel is in the middle of the state, in the middle of nothing. on the Kuskokwim River. in summer, in Bethel AK, you cannot steal a car, you can only be charged w/ joyriding. in winter you can be charged w/ stealing. why the difference? in winter the river is frozen, meaning you can drive the car out of town. in summer, no can do.

it's a totally beautiful place. i was visiting a friend who was working off her med school debt by being pediatrician to the local villages. i was there in June. in winter my friend's front door froze OPEN. the house had shifted from the freeze/thaw/freeze. totally amazing place.

it's worth seeing.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

I'm in Milton Keynes
Is the mall still there? I went there once.

Is Milton Keynes near Stoke-on-Trent? did I even spell that right?
Last edited by double dutchess on Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm in Milton Keynes

That's like admitting you're a Tottenham fan :lol: :lol: .
signed with love and vicious kisses
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

I have a client in Milton Keynes. The first time I had to send a FedEx package there I thought that someone had put the recipient's name after the address.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I went to Stockholm this summer, which is one degree south of Bethel, Alaska. It was in the middle of the terrible European heat wave, so the weather was absolutely gorgeous.
Jackson Doofster

Milton Keynes is not all that bad. In US terms it's very near Stoke-on-Trent but in UK terms they are miles apart (about 2 hrs drive).

The Mall is still there (longest in Europe) and it's much bigger now since they built the very trendy Midsummer Boulevard. It has a great branch of Ottakars Bookshop with a cool little coffee shop where you can flop out on comfy sofas and browse through all the books and papers, while munching flapjacks and latte. MK has all the best clothes shops (exclusive and chain) The indoor snow dome (Xcape) is well worth a visit, as are the theatre and the excellent Art Gallery. At Willen Lake, there are automated water-skiing machines and the cinema in xscape is tremendous. There's a great comedy club, the best Indian Food North of Southall and south of Bradford, great old pubs in Stony Stratford, Woburn Sands and MK Village. There's always something to do in Milton Keynes....oh :roll: :roll: ....and before someone else chirps up....yes they have concrete cows!
This concludes my broadcast on behalf of the MK tourist board.
Last edited by Jackson Doofster on Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Jackson Doofster wrote:Milton Keynes is not all that bad. In US terms it's very near Stoke-on-Trent but in UK terms there miles apart (about 2 hrs drive).

The Mall is still there (longest in Europe) and it's much bigger now since they built the very trendy Midsummer Boulevard. It has a great branch of Ottakars Bookshop with a cool little coffee shop where you can flop out on comfy sofas and browse through all the books and papers, while munching flapjacks and latte. MK has all the best clothes shops (exclusive and chain) The indoor snow dome (Xcape) is well worth a visit, as are the theatre and the excellent Art Gallery. At Willen Lake, there are automated water-skiing machines and the cinema in xscape is tremendous. There's a great comedy club, the best Indian Food North of Southall and south of Bradford, great old pubs in Stony Stratford, Woburn Sands and MK Village. There's always something to do in Milton Keynes....oh :roll: :roll: ....and before someone else chirps up....yes they have concrete cows!
This concludes my broadcast on behalf of the MK tourist board.
Yeah......but it's Milton Keynes! Ahem, and I think you'll find The Gulshan up here has the best Indian food north of Southall and south of Bradford. :wink:
Jackson Doofster

Oh... I think that the Jaipur is definitely better than the Gulshan :D

They have trees and lakes in MK as well PoP.....and they're not all full of shopping trolleys! :wink:
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

Ive gone really really north for someone living in Southamerica.. Im writing this from Sandnes, NORWAY, very near Stavanger. I have proof actually, not pictures, but my keyboard can do things like this: å or this: ø
Very very quiet town, people are soo nice and it hasnt stopped raining since I got here on Sunday.
Im some software classes for two weeks, and on my way back Im going to Rome, "coincidentally" Ill be in Rome in oct 19th, so I already have my Elvis ticket :D
que no panda el cunico
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Last weekend, as I was heading North, I crossed a sign in the middle of some fields that said I was half-way between the North Pole and the equator. What is that, 45?

Anyone else here live by that latitude?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.