EC & Imposters vs. EC & Steve Nieve

Pretty self-explanatory
little martinet

EC & Imposters vs. EC & Steve Nieve

Post by little martinet »

Hi guys,
I was on the old board and rarely posted but I'm coming out of lurk mode for this one!
Through some crazy stroke of luck, I'm going to get to see Elvis 3 TIMES this summer....once with the Imposters (at Wolf Trap in Virginia, which seems like a nice venue) and twice w/Steve Nieve (Edmonton/Calgary).

I'm wondering what the experience is like seeing him with band vs. just Steve...any preference? Thoughts?

I'm getting so excited, I've never seen him live before! :D
Last edited by little martinet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

From zero to three, and so quickly!

EC puts on a great show whatever the format. The Imposters are a great band, and of course SN is a wizard.

The EC+SN shows are more 'intimate', even in a large venue. I especially like the 'unplugged' (i.e. no mic) version of Coudn't Call it Unexpected - if he does that you're in for a treat.

I'm jealous, there's no sign of UK dates - he's only doing North America this time around.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

Yeah, I think I will enjoy all the performances immensely!!! :D

Given the choice I think I would pick seeing him with the band over with just Steve. But, I could change my mind after these shows because for the Edmonton show (with SN) I'm in the 5th row....It's going to be awesome being that close at such an intimate show/venue.

Here's hoping all you guys in the UK will get a chance to see EC soon!!!
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I'm going to see El at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia on July 9th. I still don't know if it's EC and the Imposters or w/ Steve or just EC.
To tell you the truth, I could care less......I'm 3rd row center!!!

I just saw him in May w/the Mingus Orchestra @ Bard College. It was a pretty intimate hall and I was in the 9th row. They were both so fantastic!!
It was very exciting! :D
I'm not angry anymore....
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I'd love to see him with a band again! a rocking band like the Imposters. I saw him with the RUDE 5...they were cool, and I've seen him with Steve, and solo.

I think that the Singing Songbook was the best.

I think he's playing solo at Berkeley, where I'm going to see him. Still I wish it was with the Imposters.....