A Question for the Bronx-Westchester Connection

Pretty self-explanatory
Ypsilanti

A Question for the Bronx-Westchester Connection

Post by Ypsilanti »

Hi BA & Doc
Your "partnership" has yielded some great results so far. Thanks so much for the recent torrents! I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping there will be more gems to come! Hats off to both of you!!!

BA, I remember you mentioned you had recorded that taping of Spectacle with Neko Case & Jesse Winchester. That was quite a show--that incredible "surprise" version of "Black Dog", the stunning acoustic "Ghost Train" (which haunts me) and so much more.

Do you think you and Doc might be able to work your magic and put it on Dime? Even if you only did the songs, since several didn't make it to the broadcast. Although, maybe there might be some interest in the whole show--all the behind the scenes stuff.

Just sayin'...if you guys feel like teaming up again, that show would make an unusual and really cool torrent.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
scamp

Re: A Question for the Bronx-Westchester Connection

Post by scamp »

Neko Case banned on most trackers except Trader's Den. TTD has less restrictions seeing audience recordings separate from officials but you must also have complete lineage. Would love to hear Black Dog too as a lossless version.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

okay by me:how about you Doc? i've LOADS more. thanks for liking the recordings YPSI! remember, no soundboard queens allowed, only "bootleg" lovers!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

...to be followed up by Red Bank from last year? Only Stranger in the House with the Canes....

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes Dave...good suggestion. did i ever mail you that one??? that was the one i lost the first minute of the opening song...VERY unusual for me. i pride myself on knowing EC well enough to plan cassette flips! if Doc is up for it, i will mail him whatever i have done that does not circulate. Spectacle with Lou Reed? Brooklyn Philharmonic? Guiness Fleadh Randalls Island including first guest appearance with Lucinda? w/ Burt from Virgin Megastore? CW POST 10-19-99? Jazz Passengers Supper Club? Welcome to the Voice? believe me, LOADS more: other artists too? who digs Weller? Cave? Morrissey? Oasis? Verve? BRMC? Bruce? Patti? Go Betweens? Grant Hart? Cure?
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Interesting coincidence here. Until last week, I had the entire season 2 of Spectacle saved on my DVR. Thinking I was pretty smart, I copied all 8 episodes to DVD's and planned on putting the audio up on Dime. Unfortunately, audio ripped from DVD's is not lossless and therefore cannot go on Dime or Hunger City. Even more unfortunate, I erased all but the 2 Springsteen ep's from my DVR.

So...after kicking myself mercilessly...I'm pretty much ready to upload audio from the 2 Springsteen shows onto Dime. The Lyle Lovett show is being repeated on Sundance in 3 weeks, so I'll get that one back on my DVR and soon thereafter get it up on Dime.

The Neko Case show can go on Hunger City. But I don't have a lossless source.

ba - how did you record you ep's? (please don't tell me SONY was involved....j/k (kind of))

Also, Season 1 of Spectacle is a commercial release and cannot go on Dime.

Yes, send me your lossless sources and I'll get them on Dime. The B-W Connection forges on!
Last edited by docinwestchester on Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

Doc / BA - Would love the hear some of those shows. I have not seen the '99 CW Post show anywhere nor the Brooklyn or Jazz Passengers show.
Why are we racing to be so old?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

the 10-19-99 was a special show...my 40th birthday extravaganza: YOU WILL LOVE IT!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:the 10-19-99 was a special show...my 40th birthday extravaganza: YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Bring it, bro.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you know...i may just do that: literally BRING it! just finished remastering STONYBROOK complete for you. is that "partial" recording at the wiki yours? i imagine so, huh? let's hope i have to remaster none of these i've mentioned. then, maybe a simple get together one afternoon soon and you can DL my copies to your pc to then upload. but, Stonybrook will be dropped in the mail tomorrow. happy weekend.
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:you know...i may just do that: literally BRING it! just finished remastering STONYBROOK complete for you. is that "partial" recording at the wiki yours? i imagine so, huh? let's hope i have to remaster none of these i've mentioned. then, maybe a simple get together one afternoon soon and you can DL my copies to your pc to then upload. but, Stonybrook will be dropped in the mail tomorrow. happy weekend.
Yeah, my partial Stony is the only version available as of now. Once I get your Stony, I'll post it in its entirety on Dime, so there will be a complete show (yours) and a partial show (mine).

As far as mining your vast treasures of bootlegs, let's talk by email.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah, or chat at facebook later tonight. mets are winning...Hallelujah! this stony is NOT my recording, just one i acquired. however, the very next night at Avery Fisher WAS my first ever live EC recording and i like mine quite a touch better than the one that does circulate. otherwise, sure...drop me an email. and good news, i squeezed stonybrook on to one disc easily! hate when you gotta go to a second cd for the lousy 3-5 minutes! later! LETS GO METS GO!!! best, benny
docinwestchester

ba - do you have the Neko Case show from season 2 of Spectacle? (original poster's request, remember?)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes...the only spectacle i attended this past year...music itself needs 2 discs. talking included would be a tortorous THREE discs!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:yes...the only spectacle i attended this past year...music itself needs 2 discs. talking included would be a tortorous THREE discs!
SONY special, eh? Sorry, but I want the talk too, so indeed it's 3 discs.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Thanks, you guys!
Can't wait!
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:yes...the only spectacle i attended this past year...music itself needs 2 discs. talking included would be a tortorous THREE discs!
SONY special, eh? Sorry, but I want the talk too, so indeed it's 3 discs.
keep insulting SONY and i WILL allow you to be my BENEFACTOR in the acquisition of ZOOM 2!!!

srsly, i am putting CASE CROW SEXSMITH WINCHESTER to cd right NOW!!!! the THREE DISC complete night. a couple spots where SONY spins her wheels noisily, but mostly at dialogue rather than music. and as it does not look like i will get to afford that ZOOM until July, maybe i can do a "practice" run or two for my JEFF BECK and URIAH HEEP shows coming in June! would love to take a ride and hand deliver STONY, Spectacle 9-21-9 and 10-19-99 and more....
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:srsly, i am putting CASE CROW SEXSMITH WINCHESTER to cd right NOW!!!! the THREE DISC complete night. a couple spots where SONY spins her wheels noisily, but mostly at dialogue rather than music. and as it does not look like i will get to afford that ZOOM until July, maybe i can do a "practice" run or two for my JEFF BECK and URIAH HEEP shows coming in June! would love to take a ride and hand deliver STONY, Spectacle 9-21-9 and 10-19-99 and more....
No prob. I'll e-mail you. No facebook, please (I'm old school, remember?).