Elvis Costello 'mash ups'

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Elvis Costello 'mash ups'

Post by Neil. »

I've always thought 'Doll Revolution' could be 'mashed up' successfully with Madonna's Beautiful Stranger. Also, am sure the chorus of Tokyo Storm Warning could be mashed up with some sort of hip-hop song (not being an expert, I can't think of one). Any others you can think of?
Miclewis

Re: Elvis Costello 'mash ups'

Post by Miclewis »

Speaking of Tokyo Storm Warning; I always thought there was a wierd connection between it and The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian".

They might make a good mash up.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I've heard a mash of Watching The Detectives, Wrapped Around Your Finger by the Police and Hello by Lionel Richie.

I'm surprised I haven't heard Pump It Up with Subterranean Homesick Blues and Wild Wild West by the Escape Club.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

wardo68 wrote:I've heard a mash of Watching The Detectives, Wrapped Around Your Finger by the Police and Hello by Lionel Richie.

I'm surprised I haven't heard Pump It Up with Subterranean Homesick Blues and Wild Wild West by the Escape Club.

There is a mash-up of Pump it Up and Subterranean Homesick Blues.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Just this week I've heard 2 so called EC mashes for the first time.

First one was a mash of Alicia Keys (baby baby baby??) with the piano riff of Oliver's Army. Works pretty well. Titled as "no name army"

Second one uses parts of Everyday I Write The Book, probably from one of the extended mixes, and mashes it with St. Ettiene and Art of Noise, titled "Everyday Moments in Modern Love"

Still waitin to hear one of When I Was Cruel mashed with the Mina track. It´s gotta be don. After all it IS practically the same backing track.