The Costello Show Live Project

Pretty self-explanatory
Dr. Luther

Re: The Costello Show Live Project

Post by Dr. Luther »

The Gentleman wrote:
Dr. Luther wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:what will the two unidentified sings turn into: HIGH FIDELITY (slow); IDLE HANDS; B MOVIE (fast)?????
Too early for those.

Busy Bodies, maybe.
And Stranger in the House, perhaps.
I don't think "Stranger in The House" is the second unidentified song, as it appears elsewhere in the show as song #12!
Oops.
snapyou

Post by snapyou »

Neil. wrote:I saw that Instant Karma - it was just a wall of white noise as far as I remember, with the whole band in darkness and Cait smoking a fag which glowed in the dark!
Exactly ! Saw him do this at the first of two nights @ The Edinburgh Playhouse then ,I think,the following night,was The Spinning Songbook.
It was Poor Napoleon mixed with Instant Karma

There's a great bootleg of a London Beeb show recording, " This Is Tomorrow" from that tour with Poor Napoleon/Karma.
Probably my fav EC boot ,i had the two cd set but can't find it anywhere just now,will have to see where it's gone to.
Here's a link to info on the boot:
http://www.elviscostello.info/disc/bootlegs/tit.html

Anyone knows where i can download it ?
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

Oh the Royalty Theatre, 23 Nov 86. Quite possibly the best live show I have ever seen. Elv was on top form. Instant Karma/Poor Napoleon was incredible. So friggin' loud & in pitch darkness.
snapyou wrote:
Neil. wrote:I saw that Instant Karma - it was just a wall of white noise as far as I remember, with the whole band in darkness and Cait smoking a fag which glowed in the dark!
Exactly ! Saw him do this at the first of two nights @ The Edinburgh Playhouse then ,I think,the following night,was The Spinning Songbook.
It was Poor Napoleon mixed with Instant Karma

There's a great bootleg of a London Beeb show recording, " This Is Tomorrow" from that tour with Poor Napoleon/Karma.
Probably my fav EC boot ,i had the two cd set but can't find it anywhere just now,will have to see where it's gone to.
Here's a link to info on the boot:
http://www.elviscostello.info/disc/bootlegs/tit.html

Anyone knows where i can download it ?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

That was how he ended the last show in Philadelphia on that tour, the last American appearance of the Attractions for eight years. It was deafening. It was wonderful.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

I was at that Royalty show, too. My memory is that Instant Karma/Poor Napoleon was played in darkness with occasional strobe lighting - very disconcerting (and probably illegal now due to photo sensitive epilepsy).