Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album, May 25 2010

Post by johnfoyle »

http://sheddsspot.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... -bill.html

Posted by Shedd

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

(extract)

Back in February, Elvis Costello was in a London studio with Bill Kirchen. Elvis will be featured on the next Kirchen CD singing the Kirchen-Johnny Castle-Austin DeLone composition "Man at the Bottom of the Well". The song originally appeared on Kirchen's 1999 CD Raise a Ruckus. Castle played a rough mix of the song, which he played bass on, for me and some other folks after a recent Thrillbillys gig at the Sunset Grille. The cut sounded good and featured Kirchen playing a much harder sounding guitar style than what he is usually known to play.

http://www.amazon.com/Raise-Ruckus-Bill ... 158&sr=8-1

Raise A Ruckus
Bill Kirchen

http://www.billkirchen.com/CrosstownArt ... index.html

http://www.myspace.com/austindelone

http://www.myspace.com/thrillbillys

http://mysite.verizon.net/vamahr/Thrillbillys.html
Last edited by johnfoyle on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
johnfoyle

Re: 'In February, Elvis was in a London studio with Bill Kirchen

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.billkirchen.com/CrosstownArt ... /news.html

Bill Kirchen'
s site posts -

(extract)

Our most exciting new news simply cannot be contained any
longer! Bill is currently involved in recording his incredible
new album for Proper American Records
with great original songs
and musical collaborations with an amazing lineup of guest artists
he has had the pleasure of working with over the past 4 decades of
"40 years without a day job". This album's earliest release date is
projected for Fall 2009
. The band on this latest recording is Bill,
Johnny Castle, Jack O'Dell and Austin deLone. The mind boggling
list of talent includes Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, Paul Carrack,
Commander Cody, Chris O'Connell, Kevin "Blackie" Farrell, Austin
deLone, Jorma Kaukonen, Dan Hicks and Maria Muldaur. Some of the
contributing songwriters are Leroy Preston, Blackie Farrell, and
that knockout team that brought you "Get A Little Goner", Kirchen,
Brown (as in Sarah), Kirchen. Some of the coolest tunes Bill made
up all by himself. One of them, Man In The Bottom Of The Well,
is performed on the CD by none other than EC.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album in ' Fall 2009'

Post by sweetest punch »

Hear the song Elvis is going to sing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27dBx9hsrw
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album in ' Fall 2009'

Post by johnfoyle »

From the YouTube link -
There's a Man at the Bottom of the Well
Another song from his upcoming release, due out in March of 2010, this one reportedly to feature Elvis Costello on vocals;
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album in ' Marc 2010'

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.indyweekblogs.com/scan/2010/ ... e-tonight/

12 Mar 2010

(extract)

a few of the things Kirchen had to say -

On his new record…

It’s coming out May 22. It’s going to be done this Monday, and the publicity machine is gonna put it out to all the mags and whatnot. It’s pretty interesting. It’s got everybody—I used to say everybody in the past who’s not dead yet, but unfortunately one of the guys passed away. It’s all the people I’ve played with through the years, well a lot of them. The person who passed away was Norton Buffalo, the wonderful harmonica player. I’ve got Nick Lowe and Paul Carrack doing a song. I’ve got Elvis Costello singing one of my tunes. I do a duet I wrote with Maria Muldaur. I wrote a song with Dan Hicks. Pretty cool record. We’re in the throes of it right now.

http://www.properamerican.com/005.html
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album, May 22 2010

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.cwgmagazine.com/columns/othe ... ets-album/

Bill Kirchen To Release Duets Album

March 24, 2010

Written By: cwgmagazine

Bill Kirchen – Rowdy, Rollicking Guitar Pioneer and Commander Cody Alum, Poised for a Breakthrough with New All-Star Duet Album, ‘Word to the Wise’ (Proper American, May 25)

The “Titan of the Telecaster” Behind “Hot Rod Lincoln” is Joined by A-List Colleagues Including Paul Carrack, Commander Cody, Elvis Costello, Dan Hicks, Nick Lowe, Maria Muldaur, and others.

Bill Kirchen has been hailed as the original “Dieselbilly” guitarist, as a standout singer and songwriter, and as a pioneer of rock and roll honky-tonk with the band Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen. Now Kirchen is headed for a breakout with his new album of all-star duets, ‘Word to the Wise’ (Proper American, May 25).

Full of humor, Telecaster twang, and serving up heaping portions of rock and roll, country, boogie-woogie and Western swing, ‘Word to the Wise’ features duets with nearly a dozen guest artists he’s met along the way (see track list below). It includes masterpieces old and new, such as Roger Miller’s classic “Husbands and Wives,” a new Dan Hicks/Bill Kirchen co-write (the title track, “Word to the Wise,”) and Kirchen’s powerful rocker, “Man in the Bottom of the Well,” sung unforgettably by Elvis Costello.

“I wanted to do an album with people I share a musical connection with,” Bill says. “I’ve worked with all of these people: I recorded with Nick Lowe, I’ve gigged with Elvis Costello, and with Maria Muldaur and Dan Hicks back in the day.”

‘Word to the Wise’ also features a new classic with Commander Cody on piano: “I Don’t Work That Cheap” is a surrealistic romp through history that recalls the psychedelic spirit of Dylan’s “Subterranean Homesick Blues,” concluding with the memorable line, “You can’t pay me what I’m worth – I don’t work that cheap.”

Justly famous for his indelible Telecaster sound on “Hot Rod Lincoln,” his 1972 Top 10 hit with Commander Cody, Bill Kirchen has been everywhere over the span of a 40-plus-year career: he was a founding member of the legendary Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen; he released eight critically acclaimed solo albums; he toured internationally with Nick Lowe and has performed with the likes of Doug Sahm, Gene Vincent, Elvis Costello, Dan Hicks, Emmylou Harris, Bruce Hornsby and Link Wray.

The album, produced and recorded by Paul Riley at Specific Sound, London, includes the tracks:

Bump Wood
Shelly’s Winter Love (with Nick Lowe and Paul Carrack)
Man in the Bottom of the Well (with Elvis Costello)
I Don’t Work That Cheap (with Commander Cody on piano)
Time Will Tell The Story
Husbands And Wives (with Chris O’Connell)
Open Range (with Kevin “Blackie” Farrell)
Arkansas Diamond
Word To The Wise (with Dan Hicks)
Ain’t Got Time For The Blues (with Maria Muldaur)
Valley Of The Moon (with Norton Buffalo on harmonica)
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis on new Bill Kirchen album, May 25 2010

Post by johnfoyle »

wordnat

Post by wordnat »

That sleeve's got a Get Happy!! thing goin' on...!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Uncredited note on Bill's site -

http://www.billkirchen.com/CrosstownArt ... _wise.html

WORD TO THE WISE

You wouldn’t be wrong to refer to Word to the Wise, the latest outing from songwriter, singer and Titan of the Telecaster Bill Kirchen, as a “duets” album. The record—Kirchen’s second for Proper American, hitting May 25—is crammed to the brim with memorable appearances from a revolving cast of characters including Norton Buffalo, Paul Carrack, Commander Cody, Elvis Costello, Blackie Farrell, Dan Hicks, Nick Lowe, Maria Muldaur and Asleep at the Wheel alumna Chris O’Connell.

But there’s a lot more going on here than the standard blending of two voices. Each of these all-star pals of the veteran artist puts his or her own distinctive stamp on the proceedings, from Hicks’ sublime scat singing with himself on the title tune to Costello’s “bulging-veined” (as Kirchen puts it) assault on “Man in the Bottom of the Well,” an original the gracious host pulled out of his thick songbook guessing it would be a good fit—and it’s viscerally apparent that Bill was on the money with his selection. “Elvis is not just messing around, as we all know,” Kirchen points out. “He’s a soulful man.”

Merle Haggard’s “Shelly’s Winter Love” is a more conventional duet, but Kirchen opts to get out of the way as Lowe and Carrack blend their burnished voices on it in the classic Everly Brothers manner. “The last thing I’m gonna do is get up and sing with Paul Carrack and Nick Lowe,” Kirchen says with a laugh. “It’s not gonna happen. That song just marched up to second position on the album…The way those two guys go toe-to-toe is just sublime.” In all three of these instances, and others as well, Kirchen chooses to hide in plain sight, doing what he does best—subtly and masterfully playing the role of lead guitarist, every ringing note brilliantly serving both the singer and the song.

The album, produced and recorded by Proper’s Paul Riley, was tracked at London’s Specific Sound, with additional recording done all over the map, from Austin to Vancouver to Bill’s home setup in Maryland. “We sent the tapes of ‘Man in the Bottom of the Well’ to Vancouver for Elvis to put his vocals on, but the rest of the time, we traveled around the country and collected those people,” Kirchen explains. In each case, the guests recorded their parts on top of basic tracks laid out by the core band of Bill, drummer/singer Jack O’Dell, bass player Johnny Castle and keyboardist/guitarist/vocalist Austin de Lone, the former leader of seminal pub-rock band Eggs Over Easy.

On his first Proper album, Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods, Kirchen saw his challenge as “trying to write some songs that were more from the heart and closer to the bone. I wanted to let go of my stance of writing attitude-laden truck-driver songs—I’ve done enough of those to last a lifetime. But, as with any of my albums, I love so many kinds of music that I haven’t figured out a way to focus down and just do one specific thing.” To which we happily say, vive le difference.

The new album opens with the rockabilly rave-up “Bump Wood,” which Kirchen describes as a “glad to be alive song,” but it also ventures into finger-snappin’ boho jazz with the title tune, and deep country with “Arkansas Diamond,” co-written with Bill’s Austin friend Sarah Brown and his wife Louise, the same crew responsible for the contemplative, wide-open-spaces ballad “Time Will Tell the Story.” But Kirchen also happily snags the Roger Miller standard “Husbands and Wives” for a bona fide guy/gal duet with Chris O’Connell, and together they turn in one of the album’s most moving performances.

Moving with the momentum and stylistic diversity of the T.A.M.I. Show and Mad Dogs & Englishmen (come to think of it, there are several members of both constituencies on this platter), Word to the Wise serves up heaping portions of rock ’n’ roll, country, boogie-woogie and Western swing. It’s loaded with verbal and musical witticisms, as well as moments of deep poignancy, all of it set against a vital backdrop of Telecaster twang, tremolo and reverb, as Bill does his thing, riffing like Chuck Berry on “I Don’t Work That Cheap,” whipping up thunder and lightning Richard Thompson-style on “Time Will Tell the Story” and spinning out quicksilver runs that recall Mark Knopfler’s work in front of Dire Straits on Blackie Farrell’s “Open Range.”

“I was surprised at how much guitar ended up on this record,” says Kirchen. “On some of the tracks, where we hadn’t figured out where the vocal was gonna be yet, I’d do the guitars sitting at home, and I’d just lather it on. I was assuming that Paul would have a more ruthless editing knife, but on a lot of the songs, like ‘Open Range,’ there’s just an ass-load of guitar. It’s funny, I didn’t set out to make as much guitar noise as I did, but then again, I can’t deny I played all that stuff. Part of it was being self-indulgent, just sitting at home with an amp in the basement and a cord running down the heat duct and having at it. It came out a little more rock ’n’ roll that way, which I really enjoyed. I tend to be a really clean country-based picker, and it was fun taking the Deluxe reverb and cranking it up. I hope it’s OK.” No worries, Bill—it’s more than OK; it’s downright godhead.

Each song has a rambling back story, providing insight into Kirchen’s omnivorous creative process while also demonstrating his vast knowledge of musical history. None of these roving narratives is more fascinating than the one he tells about the instant classic “I Don’t Work That Cheap.”

“I’ve always been a Bo Diddley fan,” he begins, “so when he died, I was thinking about his song ‘Who Do You Love’ and thinking, ‘Is there a better song than this one?’ We were imagining talking to Bo Diddley about it, going, 'You used what for a necktie? Mr. Diddley?’ A cobra snake? Goodness!' I was kiddin’ around with Nick about that, and he goes, ‘You walked 44 miles of barbed wire? I can usually only manage eight or nine myself… ’ Anyway, that’s how we got goin’ on it.

“So my buddy Blackie Farrell and I decided to write a ‘brag’ song in that spirit, and I got that line from the great fiddle player Johnny Gimble: ‘Don't try to pay me what I’m worth— I don’t work that cheap.’ It resonated with me, but I decided not to think about it too much or I’d get confused. So we tried to write a brag song from that stance of a guy who would say something like that. When we were writing it, Blackie said, ‘This is a comic book, Bill,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, exactly.’ I grew up reading ‘Pogo,’ and I picture this guy as an Albert Alligator type. There’s this great picture of Albert getting all dressed up for a date; he’s pulling on a catcher’s mitt, he’s got a frying pan on his head and he says, ‘Funny how a good-lookin’ guy looks good no matter what he throws on.’”

In his wonderfully engaging and informative liner notes, Bill manages to transform his description of the origin of “Valley of the Moon” into a moving elegy for his dear friends Norton Buffalo and Chris Gaffney. “Louise met [Norton] and brought him to the band’s attention when we lived in Valley of the Moon, Sonoma County, CA,” he writes. “We subsequently took him to Europe for what turned out to be the last hurrah Commander Cody album, We’ve Got a Live One Here. He was in my original Moonlighters band along with Blackie Farrell. For decades, Norton played on dang near everybody’s record or movie soundtrack. A triple-threat harp player, songwriter and singer, Norton sadly succumbed to cancer shortly after cutting the track for this record. He is greatly missed. Norton solos on ‘Valley of the Moon,’ which I wrote for Louise after a trip to Glen Ellen, CA, where we had lived and married 35 years before. We were on our way to attend a wake for our friend Chris Gaffney, and the song took on special poignancy after Norton’s death.”

Justly famous for his indelible Telecaster sound on “Hot Rod Lincoln,” his 1972 Top 10 hit with Commander Cody, Kirchen has been everywhere since he first plugged in during the mid-’60s: he was a founding member of the legendary Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, he’s released eight critically acclaimed solo albums, he’s toured internationally with Nick Lowe and has performed with the likes of Doug Sahm, Gene Vincent, Elvis Costello, Dan Hicks, Emmylou Harris and Link Wray. Each step of the way, he’s made a deep impression with his singular six-string virtuosity. As the Washington Post’s Mike Joyce put it, “The folks who make Fender Telecasters ought to stop what they’re doing and cut Bill Kirchen a fat check.”

On the title song of Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods, Kirchen wrote of his trusty Tele that it was “born at the junction of form and function,” but he could’ve just as accurately been referring to himself—if he wasn’t so damn humble, that is. “I’m really thrilled with the album, man, because for Proper to have that much interest in me to put this out, I mean, honestly, at this point in my life it’s not something I can take for granted,” Kirchen reflects. “It’s been 40 years that I’ve been at this full-time, and I’m still not sure if I have a career, but I know I have a job.”
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://wildysworld.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... -wise.html

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bill Kirchen - Word To The Wise
2010, Proper American

by Wildy

Bill Kirchen is best known for contributing dazzling guitar work in support of Commander Cody, most notably on the 1973 hit “Hot Rod Lincoln”. Kirchen has become one of the elder statesmen of Americana music. On May 25, 2010, Kirchen returns with his ninth album, Word To The Wise, dancing down the lane between good old fashioned rock n roll and country.

Word To The Wise opens with “Bump Wood”, a delightful early rock piece you won’t be able to resist based on an old joke about mortality. The song is highly danceable and likely to have appeal across generations and genres. “Shelley Winter’s Love” is a rueful country affair full of wordplay, and features guest appearances by Nick Lowe and Paul Carrack. “Man In The Bottom Of The Well” has a brilliant guest vocal from Elvis Costello; the song is dark with hints of blues in its lineage, and is inspired by the sort of energy that can only occur when the artists were having fun recording/playing the song.

Commander Cody sits in on “I Don’t Work That Cheap”, a fun tune that takes some liberties with history (ala Forrest Gump), but does so with pre-meditation rather than happenstance. This song is pure rock n roll, great for a party. Kirchen takes a turn towards classic country of Roger Miller on “Husbands And Wives” with Chris O’Connell sitting in. Kirchen keeps the classic feel of the song, sounding like his version might have danced right off the stage of the Grand ‘Ol Opry. Kevin “Blackie” Farrell sits in on the cowboy tune “Open Range”. The song it solid, but the vocal here is perhaps the most contrived sounding performance on the album.

“Arkansas Diamond” is a fun and catchy tune about finding the right girl; an amusing bit of rockabilly. Vaudeville and jazz meet on “Word To The Wise”, with Dan Hicks sharing vocals on this classic reminder that sometimes our own business is the only business. The song is funny and socially apt while remaining eminently tuneful. Maria Muldaur sits in on “Ain’t Got Time For The Blues” with the most dynamic vocal performance on the album, a slinky and sultry number that simply blows the roof off. Word To The Wise closes with “Value Of The Moon”, a wonderfully entertaining and catchy tune; whimsical but full of serious, vibrant musicianship.

Word To The Wise has all of the elements needed to be highly successful. The musicianship is brilliant, the song selection is entertaining and Kirchen and his guests project personality plus throughout. It is difficult to know what goes through the minds of GRAMMY voters, but it’s hard to imagine Kirchen and Word To The Wise not receiving at least due consideration. Word To The Wise is that good.

Rating: 4.5 Stars (Out of 5)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From a guitar forum-

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-d ... -fine.html

May 4th, 2010 02:56 AM

I discovered that Bill is in hospital following surgery last night.

He was supposed to be in the UK for a handful of gigs and then off to Europe but was admitted to hospital a few days before he was supposed to fly.

May 4th, 2010, 12:58 PM

I'm happy to say that I just got off the phone with Bill and he is feeling great!

The operation was for a simple hernia and Bill was up and about very quickly thereafter. There were some rumors that it was much more serious, but that was simply a RUMOR.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/current/

' We also interview guitarist Drew Zingg, who discusses his many high-profile gigs, and we catch up with Bill Kirchen, Peter Frampton, Johnny A., Andy McKee, Geoff Hartwell, Michael Dinallo, and Sam Miltich. '
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2010 ... /100520028

Bill Kirchen kicks off cross-country trek on Delmarva

By Josh Davis • For the Beachcomber • May 20, 2010

(extract)

Q. What was it like to do a record with so many different cooks in the kitchen?

A. Well, luckily every song was an individual entity, so they weren’t all milling around at once. We created a backing track specifically for that person, you know in the right key, and worked it out in advance. And then we’d cut the track and take it to them in many cases.

With the rest of them, we traveled around America. One of them we kind of did by mail. I sent Elvis (Costello) his track, and he was in Vancouver working on something else (during) the only time we could interface with him. So I did not get to be in the studio with Elvis, but apparently he did just fine without me. Who knew? The short answer — it was great, all those cooks. Damned fine cooks!
jmm

Post by jmm »

Haven't seen it elsewhere here, Bill Kirchen is doing a CD launch show at Joe's Pub in NYC on May 31st

Hoping to make it there!!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Made it to Bill K's Joe's Pub show last night. He and the band were great. Especially Jack O'Dell and Austin de Lone

He played a bunch of songs off of the new album and Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods as well as the obligatory and very fun Hot Rod Lincoln and closing with a surprising and rockin' version of The Times They Are A Changein'

Bill talked about all of the duets on the new album and wondered "why aren't those folks here tonight? Guess I should have invited them"

He did sing "Man In the Bottom of the Well" and introduced it as a song he always heard Elvis "ripping up" the vocal on. It's a good song a bit in the Hidden Shame mode. Unfortunately listening to the CD the first time EC was a bit more reserved with the vocal than I expected but have to give it a few more spins

If Bill comes to your area supporting this new record you should try to make it. The cost at Joe's was an amazingly low $15 per

More on my chat with Austin on the 2010 PWS benefit on that thread
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/06/1 ... ws-of.html

Bill Kirchen, “Word to the Wise” (Proper American)
★★★

Nick Cristiano, Philadelphia Inquirer

As a master of the Telecaster, Bill Kirchen has played with a lot of folks over a long career. Several of them return the favor on the roots-rocker’s new album. Commander Cody pounds the 88s on “I Don’t Work That Cheap,” a rollicking tale of Diddleyesque braggadocio; Dan Hicks swings with Kirchen—and scats— through their co-written title track; Elvis Costello conjures vintage E. C. on the rocker “Man in the Bottom of the Well,” and Maria Muldaur injects a shot of sultry R&B into “Ain’t Got Time for the Blues.” Two ballads also stand out. Nick Lowe and Paul Carrack help give a country-soul bent to “Shelly’s Winter Love,” one of the finest interpretations of a Merle Haggard song you’re ever likely to hear, and Asleep at the Wheel’s Chris O’-Connell duets with Kirchen in a sublime take on Roger Miller’s “Husbands and Wives".
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Bill Kirchen interview

http://properblog.wordpress.com/2010/07 ... interview/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/247ee828-8e1e ... ab49a.html

Ludovic Hunter-Tilney, Financial Times

July 17 2010

3 star rating

Photos reveal Bill Kirchen to be a mild looking fellow in his 60s but put an electric guitar in his hands and he turns into the “Titan of the Telecaster”. Raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan – he was at high school with Iggy Pop – Kirchen played with almost-famous 1970s group Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen before settling into life as a session musician and occasional solo performer.

Word to the Wise is a good-humoured, easy-paced selection of bar-room rockers, country numbers and western swing, with Kirchen twanging out riffs and guests including Elvis Costello and Nick Lowe helping out on vocals.

Kirchen’s one-liners – “You can’t pay me what I’m worth, I don’t work that cheap” – are as neat as his guitar-playing.
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

Bill Kirchen has been a fixture of the Washington, DC music scene for many years. We have had our share of telemasters including IMHO the greatest of all the late Danny Gatton.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/

The disc on the cover of the September issue , now on sale, of The Word includes the Bill/Elvis track.

Looking at the start of this thread we read about Elvis being in a studio with Bill in London in Feb. '09. Later we are told Elvis recorded his vocal in Vancouver. Was, perhaps, a earlier attempt at the song not used?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This Shorefire press release has a link to a (128 kbps) MP3 of "Man In The Bottom Of The Well"

http://www.shorefire.com/index.php?a=pr ... ase&o=3897
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"Man in the Bottom of the Well" appears on the Bill Kirchen compilation The Proper Years.

https://www.propermusic.com/lmcd208_the ... years.html

Hammer Of The Honky-Tonk Gods (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Rocks Into Sand (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Get A Little Goner (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Skid Row In My Mind (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Working Man (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Soul Cruisin (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Truth Be Told (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Devil With The Blue Dress
One More Day (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Heart Of Gold (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
If Its Really Got To Be This Way (with Nick Lowe and Geraint Watkins)
Bump Wood
Shellys Winter Love (with Paul Carrack and Nick Lowe)
Man In The Bottom Of The Well (with Elvis Costello)
I Dont Work That Cheap (with Commander Cody)
Time Will Tell The Story
Husbands And Wives (with Chris O'Connell)
Open Range (with Blackie Farrell)
Arkansas Diamond
Word To The Wise (with Dan Hicks)
Aint Got Time For The Blues (with Maria Muldaur)
Valley Of The Moon (with Norton Buffalo)
Too Much Fun
Tell Me The Reason
Down To Seeds And Stems
Semi-Truck
Rockabilly Funeral
Womb To The Tomb
Flip Flop
Swing Fever
It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
Truck Stop At The End Of The World
Mama Hated Diesels
Hot Rod Lincoln
Talkin About Chicken
Think It Over (with Austin de Lone)
Oxblood (with Butch Hancock)
The Times They Are A-Changin (with Austin de Lone)
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis and Bill Kirchen at the Wolf Trap, August 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

When Elvis played the Wolf Trap in Vienna on August 18th, with opening act Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets, they met up with Bill Kirchen (pictured below).
2022-08-18 Vienna BK, EC, NL
2022-08-18 Vienna BK, EC, NL
2022-08-18 Vienna photo lowe.jpg (233.25 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
Elvis and the Imposters have a few days off before their show in Denver on Tuesday. What chance Elvis might turn up tonight at The Hangar On The Hudson, in Troy, NY for "A CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE, MUSIC AND ART OF COMMANDER CODY". Bill Kirchen is playing alongside some of the original Lost Planet Airmen.

Details are here.

MOOT