Decidedly Insignificant Quasi-EC Stuff...

Pretty self-explanatory
ComplicatedShadow

Decidedly Insignificant Quasi-EC Stuff...

Post by ComplicatedShadow »

Greetings All - I'm a newcomer to this forum but a long time EC aficionado. I play in a couple of bands here in Dallas/Fort Worth and every so often, my keyboard player and I join (Armed) Forces with a couple of guys from another band in town to do an Elvis Costello and The Attractions and The Imposters tribute act here in Dallas under the heading KingHorse. It's just a side line for an occasional quartet who share a great admiration for the man and his music and always look forward to a Costello Hootenanny.

Tonight, January 21, is one such occasion and in looking for Dallas based EC chatter on the net, I stumbled upon this forum... which I'm happy to know exists. I hope you're happy now as well and that any and all Costellophiles here in North Texas will consider coming out to Lakewood Bar & Grill tonight as we'll be doing a single Spike set from 9-10p. LBG is a great music room here in Dallas (http://www.lbgdallas.com/location.htm).

Hope you don't mind the shameless plug... hopefully no more than Prince Charmless might mind his songbook being plundered by we the interlopers.

Cheers!
Last edited by ComplicatedShadow on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
legman open to offers

Re: Decidedly Insignificant Quasi-EC Stuff...

Post by legman open to offers »

Welcome ComplicatedShadow! Unfortunately, I am a day late in seeing your plug. I would have tried to make it. Another EC tribute band in DFW is Olivers Army, and I have seen them many times at LB&G.

A few months ago, I was at an evening of EC bands at Club Dada. Were you part of that line up? I don't recall all the acts names, but it was anchored by The Slack, featuring the great Chris Holt.

Keep with this fan site, a lot of good info, and good people. I will try to keep up with your scheduled shows to come watch. Eric
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
ComplicatedShadow

Re: Decidedly Insignificant Quasi-EC Stuff...

Post by ComplicatedShadow »

Eric - Sorry we missed you... will hope to meet you one of these days. It's only fun to do fake Costello when there are real EC fans in the house. No fun to trot out All This Useless Beauty when no one has a clue. Sort of like being at an actual EC show and sitting next to the group who are just biding time until they hear Alison or PIU... with question marks over their heads when he launches into Tokyo Storm Warning on a lark... and wondering why I'm nearly in tears with joy...

Cheers!