Elvis on the Daily Show?

Pretty self-explanatory
E.C. Lover

Elvis on the Daily Show?

Post by E.C. Lover »

I just looked over at my calendar and there is a note that I must have written at some point saying Elvis will be on the Daily Show tomorrow.
Is that true?
I have no memory of where I got this information.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

According to :http://www.elviscostello.info/, that information is correct. :) It's just listed as Jon Stewart, rather than the Daily Show.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Where was he? :cry:
Misha

Post by Misha »

Pip,

I watched too, no EC. That's it, I'm going to run for governor of CA, so I can declare that all shows must have him, as he hasn't been on most of the shows he was supposta be on...Access Hollywood--think he got bumped for the Ben/Jlo crap. Today show--didn't see him..unless I missed it, and now the Daily Show...what the hell? Who is his publicist?
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

I'm glad you guys watched! I missed it tonight because it was opposite "Live by request", and was going to go in late to work tomorrow to watch the replay.
I'm sure my boss thanks you, but man, what a disapointment! I was hoping for some jarringly funny political commentary from our man and Jon Stewart.
amynishiki

Post by amynishiki »

The most accurate list of TV appearances appears to be on rockontv.com--no sign of him scheduled for The Daily Show. Boy, that would be great, though.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, since the listings said "Jon Stewart" and not "The Daily Show", maybe it just meant they were having dinner or a couple of brews together. If so, you can bet the political commentary was even more jarrring.

A giant Jon Stewart related digression -- I just wrote a letter to NPR host Tavis Smiley defending Stewart. Him and another African-American commentator, Micheal Eric Dyson, were taking Stewart to task -- stopping just short of calling him racist. The reason: When Stewart, and his all white, male (and mostly Jewish) writing staff accepted an Emmy from Bernie Mac, he quipped something to the effect that "I think diversity is the most important quality in a writing staff" as the camera panned over to them. (Then, the director got a good idea and panned over to Mac, who looked sort of angry, like he always does, which made it even funnier.) To me, this is an example of "only the truth is funny" to them, it was racial insensitivity worthy of the White Citizens Council.

To me, he was simply pointing out an unpleasant reality and perhaps his own embarrassment over it his own participation in it -- but by joking about it, he's actually helping the situation by calling attention to it. I didn't mention it, but it's hard to blame Stewart for the staff when even Chris Rock's HBO staff was -- except for Rock and his longtime writing partner who's name I can't remember -- almost to a man, was white and Jewish and, well, a man. (Rock, I understand, is actually funding a scholarship to help minority comedy writers!)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
IStandAccused

Regis & Kelly this morn.

Post by IStandAccused »

bobster wrote:Well, since the listings said "Jon Stewart" and not "The Daily Show", maybe it just meant they were having dinner or a couple of brews together. If so, you can bet the political commentary was even more jarrring.

A giant Jon Stewart related digression -- I just wrote a letter to NPR host Tavis Smiley defending Stewart. Him and another African-American commentator, Micheal Eric Dyson, were taking Stewart to task -- stopping just short of calling him racist. The reason: When Stewart, and his all white, male (and mostly Jewish) writing staff accepted an Emmy from Bernie Mac, he quipped something to the effect that "I think diversity is the most important quality in a writing staff" as the camera panned over to them. (Then, the director got a good idea and panned over to Mac, who looked sort of angry, like he always does, which made it even funnier.) To me, this is an example of "only the truth is funny" to them, it was racial insensitivity worthy of the White Citizens Council.

To me, he was simply pointing out an unpleasant reality and perhaps his own embarrassment over it his own participation in it -- but by joking about it, he's actually helping the situation by calling attention to it. I didn't mention it, but it's hard to blame Stewart for the staff when even Chris Rock's HBO staff was -- except for Rock and his longtime writing partner who's name I can't remember -- almost to a man, was white and Jewish and, well, a man. (Rock, I understand, is actually funding a scholarship to help minority comedy writers!)
He was on Regis and Kelly this morning. Very nice!
*"Common sense is not so common."*Voltaire
For those who speak French, "Le sens common n'est pas si commun."