'Lost Highway will release Momofuku from Elvis Costello'

Pretty self-explanatory
wardo68

Re: 'Lost Highway will release Momofuku from Elvis Costello'

Post by wardo68 »

strangerinthehouse wrote:Image

This just showed up on a brazilian blog. It looks very spare, maybe without a booklet.
Any chance that's a promo version? (he asked, hoping for something more substantial to pick up on Tuesday)
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

WHAT IS THIS AND WHY ISN'T IT ON ITUNES?!?!?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

OH MY GOSH, I'm glad I stopped in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Barack Obama!!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

That Brazilian site http://blogdoedmilson.wordpress.com offers it as a download...... woohoo, thanks Stranger.

I'll buy it later, when it gets reissued.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Okay, I know I've been out of it for a while, but could someone tell me what "Momofuku" is, or do any of you know? Or is it actually anything at all?
It's surely the natural response of a Liverpool supporter to the news that Sissoko is actually playing pretty well for Juventus.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Fishfinger king wrote:
spooky girlfriend wrote:Okay, I know I've been out of it for a while, but could someone tell me what "Momofuku" is, or do any of you know? Or is it actually anything at all?
It's surely the natural response of a Liverpool supporter to the news that Sissoko is actually playing pretty well for Juventus.
You are now officially a leg end in my eyes, FK. :lol:
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

(lurches back into life)

Can't wait until tommorrow! Will be buying it first thing from Fopp, and spending all bank holiday monday grooving to the new sound.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Welcome back, crow! Where the hell have ya been???
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://vinyljunkies.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... cords.html

Sunday, May 04, 2008

GAZ
blogs -

'Momofuku' to you and you and ba-ba-bahh. Bonkers name for an album, even more bonkers approach to distribution in the UK, but nevertheless, the new Elvis Costello is upon us. It's actually really rather good. It was supposed to be double vinyl and download only, but it didn't quite work out like that and a CD copy will be in all good stores from tomorrow. Which is more than can be said about the vinyl edition. That said, it would seem that it has just reached British shores as Amazon briefly had two copies in stock on Friday. HMV are knocking it out cheap too, but to me it seems like the sort of thing you should buy from an indie stores. You know, one of the shops that carried on supporting vinyl even when the big stores were trying to persuade us that we didn't need it anymore. The ones who haven't just come flooding back to it because they sense the opportunity for a quick buck. Anyway, despite the fact that the album actually came out in the US on April 22nd didn't seem to bother the distributors in the UK who, despite seemingly having told most shops that the UK release date would essentially be the same, have been unable to supply any copies to any shops until the last couple of days, thus bringing the vinyl release date, at least in the UK, in line with the CD's appearance. Dopey, if you ask me. I ended up buying my vinyl from the US because I was tired of waiting, and it's this kind of balls-up that the industry could do without right now. Some of the more charming if neurotic types over at the Elvis Costello forums ( that's us , folks! - J.F.) have decided it's all a deliberate part of Costello's plan to piss off the UK because some posh people went to Glastonbury the other year. Is it fuck.
Otis Westinghouse

laughingcrow wrote:(lurches back into life)

Can't wait until tommorrow! Will be buying it first thing from Fopp, and spending all bank holiday monday grooving to the new sound.
Stone the Crows! Welcome back. It will be in Fopp tomorrow, right? No reviews in the papers this weekend. determined to be as low key as possible.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

johnfoyle wrote:http://vinyljunkies.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... cords.html

Sunday, May 04, 2008

GAZ
blogs -
Our own Bad Ambassador.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

The organ rift at the end of AGT sounds really familiar. Something I heard at a sporting event (women's basketball) to get the crowd going. Any thoughts?
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Right the day has finally come.....off into Manchester to track down a copy of Momofuku...it better be there :D
...I want him to hurt...
GCM

Post by GCM »

Well, I don't know about FOPP or other record stores, but i-Tunes had it for £7.99. That will do me fine - I don't need the CD and packaging. To be honest, I would only have copied the disc to i-Tunes anyway and it would probably never have been used again.
Now to get listening...
Bad Ambassador

Post by Bad Ambassador »

Fopp had the CD for £12 and, annoyingly, the vinyl for only £13. The local indie also had the CD for £12 but vinyl hadn't arrived. Fopp only had one copy of the vinyl.
reviR

Post by reviR »

Thanks for the iTunes info GCM.

Whilst I have it on order I blew another £7.99 to listen today!!

All the reviews I have seen are true! - it's a great album.

Enjoy it when you get hold of it.
Otis Westinghouse

You profligate spender! Well it was fun heading to Fopp on a Monday bank holiday and finding the new Elvis there. Bugger iTunes, this is much more fun. Was hoping for £10, but £12 will do, especially as I also got the Control DVD for a decent £8.

Loving it! Opening three tracks are stormers. The organ bit at the end of American Gangster Time does indeed sound like something you'd hear at a basketball match. Reminds me of the early 70s, and in particular The Glitter Band!

Need to give the record several listens to get my head around it. General impression is very strong. Seems like he's continuing the thread from The Delivery Man to me, though he seems to have reconnected more with the Beatles (Mr Feathers), and, more broadly, some of his more English sensibilities. The fresh, live, lively sound is great. Love the vocal harmonies. No Hiding Place is another classic opener. Verse reminds me a lot of You Bowed Down, but not the rest of it. Mr Feathers also quotes Accidents WIll Happen with the 'It's the damage that we do' line.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Am I going mad, or did I read somewhere on this board that Momofuku was produced by T-Bone Burnett? I am sure I read it!
reviR

Post by reviR »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:You profligate spender! Well it was fun heading to Fopp on a Monday bank holiday and finding the new Elvis there. Bugger iTunes, this is much more fun. Was hoping for £10, but £12 will do, especially as I also got the Control DVD for a decent £8.

Loving it! Opening three tracks are stormers. The organ bit at the end of American Gangster Time does indeed sound like something you'd hear at a basketball match. Reminds me of the early 70s, and in particular The Glitter Band!

Need to give the record several listens to get my head around it. General impression is very strong. Seems like he's continuing the thread from The Delivery Man to me, though he seems to have reconnected more with the Beatles (Mr Feathers), and, more broadly, some of his more English sensibilities. The fresh, live, lively sound is great. Love the vocal harmonies. No Hiding Place is another classic opener. Verse reminds me a lot of You Bowed Down, but not the rest of it. Mr Feathers also quotes Accidents WIll Happen with the 'It's the damage that we do' line.
Maybe a little profligate - but I am stuck at home suffering with sciatica and to get an instance "fix" was worth £7.99. Who know when the mail will turn up with the CD.
bobloblaw

Post by bobloblaw »

MOJO wrote:Hey - What web browser are you using? Did you try to kill / delete your cookies and then reload your browser?
I was using IE 7, and for some reason no javascript activated windows were working.

Anyway, I heard back from the customer support/help email at the bottom of the page. They gave me some suggestions (a few changes to my internet options) as well as a new download code that worked perfectly. So Momofuku has made it's way to my iPod and all is right with the world.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Lost Highway website streams the whole album now:
http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/artis ... 49&aid=175

...and the MySpace-page has been updated:
http://www.myspace.com/elviscostello

and Shorefire has this:
http://www.shorefire.com/index.php?a=pr ... ase&o=1888

Costello Live Show To Air On Beale Street Caravan Radio Show Starting This Week

Opening Dates For Police Start May 1

New Momofuku Cd Available May 6 (Lost Highway)

Last Tuesday, April 22, Elvis Costello prepared for a major tour opening for the Police with concert in Memphis, TN, the same day his new album Momofuku was released on vinyl (Lost Highway). Momofuku will be available on CD/digital download on May 6 (more info at http://www.elviscostello.com).

The Memphis show was recorded for the syndicated radio program Beale Street Caravan, and will start airing this week on its affiliates (see http://bealestreetcaravan.com for stations and times).

The Beale Street Caravan episode, hosted by Memphis luminary Sid Selvidge, features Costello with his band the Impostors performing material from Momofuku alongside songs from his extensive catalog.

Elvis Costello and the Impostors begin a tour opening for the Police on May 1 in Ottawa, with dates in May, July and August. In June, Costello has scheduled several appearances with orchestras in the UK, including an concert in his family's home town of Liverpool on June 25.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I know Sid! We were both board members for an independent radio org. He rules. What a cool, mellow guy. I'll be tuning in.
Otis Westinghouse

GCM wrote:Well, I don't know about FOPP or other record stores, but i-Tunes had it for £7.99. That will do me fine - I don't need the CD and packaging. To be honest, I would only have copied the disc to i-Tunes anyway and it would probably never have been used again.
Now to get listening...
Call me a digital immigrant, but isn't there a worry with your digital files that they could be lost for ever in a way a permanent artefact like a CD can't be? Even if you back it all up to an external hard drive, etc., there's still that worry that it could get wiped or stolen or corrupted in a way that's not going to happen to a disc. Plus, even at dinky CD size compared to lovely vinyl, gotta get the packaging! I love cover flow on the iPod and now spend hours ensuring that every last bit of cover artwork is on there.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:. The organ bit at the end of American Gangster Time does indeed sound like something you'd hear at a basketball match.
"basketball game" Otis "basketball game"
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.