sweetest punch

Elvis and Imposters play Bossier City, LA on April 25, 2008

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.elviscostello.com/

4/25/2008
Riverdome at Harrahs Horseshoe
Bossier City, LA
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and Imposters play Bossier City, LA on April 25, 2008

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone here going?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

nice ad above....i smell BOOTLEG ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

sort of cheezy.. where's the Lucky Charms character? bored at work today.. later.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

setlist from wiki:

01. Stella Hurt
02. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
03. Clown Strike
04. Either Side Of The Same Town
05. Everyday I Write The Book
06. Pump It Up
07. Uncomplicated
08. Harry Worth
09. Drum & Bone
10. Flutter & Wow
11. Femme Fatale
12. Watching The Detectives
13. Beyond Belief
14. You Belong To Me
15. The Imposter
16. Radio, Radio

Encore
17. My Three Sons
18. No Hiding Place
19. Turpentine
20. Alison - including Suspicious Minds
21. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Interesting that it was such a short show and only seven songs from the new album, as compared to the Memphis and Nashville shows. Wonder why?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

just might be the old "PLAYING IN A GAMBLING SPOT" axiom of 'get the hell the show over with FAST so these suckers can get back to losing their money NOW!!!!!'
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... posters.21

Darren posts to wiki -

I really thought there would be the usual guests for this one, but was even more surprised by a lack of an opening act. I actually missed the first song by looking at the T-shirts too long. I wasn't expecting the 8:00 sharp start.

EC mentioned that it was somewhat difficult to get to Shreveport from Nashville/Memphis (no direct route). He said "we've been through such places as Hope, and Arkadelphia, and seen dead armadillos on the road so now that we know where you are (Bossier City), we'll be back" (this was in mentioning that he's never been there before). I'm guessing sending the other musicians straight to New Orleans was a better bet.
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

The setlist posted is completely accurate.

I had decent seats, about 1/4 way back from stage to the side. Almost from the start, EC was letting people know he wanted them up front. "Come on up, there's nothing stopping you". It took a couple songs for some to make a move. I left my seat and headed for the stage right after Everyday I Write The Book. In seconds I was at stage edge, right at the stand EC used to keep words to his new stuff. It was incredible.

I believe his voice was at the edge of straining, leading to a few songs being left out. He had a frog in his throat after Flutter and Wow, and went for the water after nearly every song. He popped some kind of drop or lozenge right before Radio,Radio.

I had my eye on ECs taped to the stage setlist. Out of arms reach, I had to get nearly climb on the stage, but was able to snag the list. The chick next to me asked for ECs sweat towels, and was rewarded by a stage hand. According to the setlist, we could have gotten Pardon Me Madame, American Gangster Time, and Go Away. The surprise and highlight song was a cool, slow version of Everyday I Write The Book. I wasn't expecting anything from PTC!

With my prize in hand, I went back to my fiance, and began to try to find a meet and greet. No event staffer had any info. I decided to exit a side door and look around. Kept walking and noticed buses. I turned the end of the bus, and first person I run into is Davey Faragher. He is walking with a young child, but happily signs my setlist and my Momofuku album cover that I brought. I leave Davey, and walk toward small crowd, and about that time, EC comes out of a small building. He starts signing and standing for photos. I notice Pete Thomas nearby, and go to him. He signs for me too. He asks what I think of the new album. Love it I say, great show.
My fiance goes to EC with the album cover to sign and stand for a pic. I got a couple shots off, but not good ones. I went up to get the setlist signed. She got a shot or two of me and EC. This is the way it is supposed to work!! Pics to be posted as soon as possible.

I felt a bit stalkerish prior to the show. We got into town and stopped to check in our Holiday Inn. Our room was at the back of the property. Out back was a charter bus from a coach company in Nashville. I thought no way would EC be here, maybe the crew. Long shot that the tourbus had anything to do with Elvis. We freshened up and went out to drive to the Horseshoe. I saw a guy close a compartment of the bus and head for the rooms. I called to him, Are you with a band? Yes he said. Which one? Elvis Costello he replied. He says he's about to go pick up the Man at the Hilton. I say Damn I knew it. Be careful with him. The stalker part is when we made a drive by at the Hilton looking for him to come out. Never saw him there, exciting nonetheless.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Radio Radio from this show -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgOt6oKDSBc