Elvis & Imposters support The Police, North America, 2008

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis & Imposters support The Police, North America, 2008

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_l ... s+costello

Search Results for "elvis costello"

dates scheduled nationally: Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint At Jazz Fest In New Orleans
dates scheduled nationally: The Police with Special Guest Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and the Imposters to support The Police?

Post by johnfoyle »

These dates? They would , however , clash with the Liverpool (June 25) and Poznan ( June 28) dates.

http://www.thepolice.com/news/news.php?uid=5648

03 Jun Stade Velodrome, Marseilles, France
05 Jun SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany
07 Jun TW Classic, Werchter, Belgium
08 Jun LTU Arena, Dusseldorf, Germany
10 Jun Stade J. Guichard, St.Etienne, France
11 Jun Valle Horvin, Oslo, Norway
13 Jun Landsstævnestadion, Haderslev, Denmark
15 Jun Isle of Wight Festival, Newport, UK
17 Jun MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
18 Jun MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
26 Jun Silesian Stadium, Chorzow, Poland
28 Jun Zentralstadion, Leipzig, Germany
29 Jun Hyde Park Calling, London, UK
02 Jul Estadio Ciudad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
04 Jul BBK Live Festival (Kobetamendi), Bilbao, Spain
05 Jul Rock in Rio, Madrid, Spain
migdd

Post by migdd »

sweetest punch wrote:http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_l ... s+costello

Search Results for "elvis costello"

dates scheduled nationally: Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint At Jazz Fest In New Orleans
dates scheduled nationally: The Police with Special Guest Elvis Costello & the Imposters
How utterly depressing that it has all come to this.

I expect Led Zepplin will open for Ratt this year as well. :roll:
Last edited by migdd on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

[quote="johnfoyle"]These dates? They would , however , clash with the Liverpool (June 25) and Poznan ( June 28) dates.

The listing on Ticketmaster implies that we're talking about dates in the US, though. Maybe Sting and company are coming back to the States in the summer to play some stadium shows or something? I mean, let's make this as awful an event as possible.

dave
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Note to The Police - Please don't come back to the states and play in our stadiums. I saw you in Oakland, CA and the show SUCKED. I bought a $100 ticket for $30, managed to get on the floor (don't know how that happened!) and then left early. Every US city published a bad review of your tour. Why torture us again? Although, Sting is looking pretty good. I'll take him. He was the only guy on stage that had it together... out of 3 - LAME.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

johnfoyle wrote:Rock in Rio, Madrid, Spain
Wha?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
johnfoyle wrote:Rock in Rio, Madrid, Spain
Wha?
Don't say you've never heard of the famous football team Rio Madrid? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

As I live very close to Bilbao,I'm watching this topic very closely for confirmation of this event. No mention in my local sources here, BBK, local press etc. neither does anything appear on EC or The Police websites. I suspect EC will NOT be appearing (with The Police) in Europe as the dates do indeed clash with Liverpool (June 25) and Poznan ( June 28). Maybe he will only appear on the American leg of the tour later in the year???

Rock in Rio incidentally is the (rather inappropriate) name of an annual music festival in MADRID! A bit like Café de Paris in London, actually :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

A cafe I can handle, e.g. Cafe Bilbao in Madrid, but Rock in Rio in Madrid? It's insane.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Strangely enough, all references to the Police/EC tour dates have been removed from the Ticketmaster sight.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Summer Run To Be The Police's Final Tour

The Police will take one more victory lap through North America on their massively successful reunion tour before calling it quits for good, sources close to the tour tell Billboard.com.

The Police -- Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland -- will play another 30-odd dates in May and July in North America, with 15 previously announced European concerts sandwiched between in June. Elvis Costello & the Imposters will open the entire run of North American dates, which wraps the first week in August.

This final leg will play primarily amphitheaters with a few arenas, beginning May 1 in Ottawa. These will be the first-ever shed dates for the Police, as the amphitheater network present today was largely non-existent during the band's first go-round in the early 1980s. No festivals or stadiums will be part of the route.

Close to half the dates will be in markets not played last year in North America, where the tour began last May. The current leg finishes in Hawaii over the weekend.

These dates will be the last time the band performs together as the Police -- ever. But it has been a lucrative reunion, as the tour will likely end up in the $340 million gross range, with attendance north of three million. That would make it one of the top five highest-grossing tours of all time.

The Police reunion tour is promoted by Arthur Fogel, chairman of TNA International, the global touring arm of Live Nation. It is produced by RZO Productions.

Fox News says the official announcement is expected tomorrow and mentions some additional cities:
Some of the cities include Buffalo, Columbus, Chicago, Kansas City, Omaha, Orlando — you get the drift. There are about 14 cities in May and July, with a more or less final date set for Long Island’s Jones Beach on Aug. 4.
Otis Westinghouse

So will Elvis be playing Hurry Down Doomsday on this tour?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Here are the dates...

The Police with very special guest Elvis Costello and The Imposters

1-May-2008 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place
3-May-2008 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena
4-May-2008 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
10-May-2008 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
13-May-2008 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
14-May-2008 Omaha, NE Qwest Center
16-May-2008 Orlando, FLA mway Center
17-May-2008 W. Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre
20-May-2008 Houston, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
21-May-2008 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center
23-May-2008 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Hotel & Arena
24-May-2008 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
26-May-2008 San Diego, CA Coors Amphitheatre
27-May-2008 Los Angeles, CA The Hollywood Bowl
11-Jul-2008 Portland, OR Clark County Amphitheatre
12-Jul-2008 Seattle, WA The Gorge
14-Jul-2008 San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
16-Jul-2008 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion
17-Jul-2008 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
19-Jul-2008 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
21-Jul-2008 Denver, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
25-Jul-2008 Milwaukee, WI Marcus Amphitheater
26-Jul-2008 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theater
28-Jul-2008 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
31-Jul-2008 Boston, MA Tweeter Center
01-Aug-2008 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
03-Aug-2008 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
04-Aug-2008 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
reviR

Post by reviR »

Well I agree with comments posted above. I saw the Police in Birmingham UK and they were "so lack lustre" in fact the worst gig I attended last year. All I can suggest is if the Police performance is not any better than I witnessed then I am sure Elvis & the Imposters will blow the crowd away and they will leave wondering who was the main act!
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

This is a sorry development on various levels.
I haven't missed a Costello show at my disposal in 30 years, and I probably won't miss this one, either.

But it still sucks...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Maybe he's got some sort of mental disease where he tries to make himself as nauseating as possible to his fans. Between this and the opera and the orchestra stuff and the ballet.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I'm protesting this tour! I'm not going... What's the ticket price? It's robbery, if the ticket price is more than $50. Since The Police sucked last year/tour, I can't imagine them miraculously playing any better. Stewart Copeland looked like some geriatric jogger on stage - with his lame terrycloth headband. That's harsh, I know, but they should hire a new drummer for this tour. I guess they need a a real rock n' roll band to open up for them so they charge $100 plus a ticket!

I look forward to watching the ticket prices drop on Craigslist... maybe then I'll buy a ticket... I'd love to see E.C., but don't even want to deal with the bozo fans that The Police draws... Trust me, they are bozos!
Lucky Goon

Post by Lucky Goon »

Man, what a bunch of snobs. I saw the Police way back in the day '79/80 as well as Elvis just about every year since that time, as well, so I should have some cred. I also saw the Police last summer at Fenway Park and it was one of the best, most enjoyable shows I've ever seen. And I went into the thing expecting a flat, pathetic, "fuck-me-I'm-so-sensitive," Stingathon.

I'm viewing this as a dream ticket. Sure I'd prefer it be the other way around, but if Elvis is going to open for any mega act I'd prefer this one for sure. Why is it that every time I check in on what Elvis fans are talking about I regret it?
Otis Westinghouse

A big welcome to you then!
krm

Post by krm »

My personal choice between EC and The Imposters as support to The Police and EC solo as support to Bob Dylan, I would definately choose the former.

Biggest problem is that I do not even have the possibility to choose...... :cry:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you know, i happen to have a CITICARD, so if i could get good seats, for less than a hundred, i guess i will attend. but, it stinks to know we are only going to get the obligatory 45 minutes or 50 if we're lucky, GREATEST HITS set. okay for those who have never seen, but, real hard on the people who DO go every year and have seen him/them 50-100 times. i guess our fault for OVERdoing it. oh well....glad i did not POLICE it last year or it would have been a horrible combo THIS year. it would be almost alright if they did a song or three together. doubt it will happen.......but, we can hope. cheers, ba
jmm

Post by jmm »

What are the chances of a Welcome to the Voice mini-set??
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
migdd

Post by migdd »

jmm wrote:What are the chances of a Welcome to the Voice mini-set??
That would be cool, especially for Steve, but I doubt it will happen. I do wonder if there will be any onstage mingling of the bands as they are so musically different. Personally, I'd like Pete to give S.C. an onstage demonstration on how to play drums IN TIME. 8)
arcadecline

Post by arcadecline »

First, does anyone know about the presale tickets for those who are signed up through EC's website? The Ticketmaster website says that those who are signed up can purchase tickets a day early but elviscostello.com shows nothing about this.

Second, I'm from a small town called Wheatland in California. My jaw dropped when I saw that the Police/EC tour was stopping by my hometown of 2000 people. The tour date says Sacramento but the venue is 45 mins away from Sac. I was excited to see that EC is going to be playing in such a place and decided to buy the best seats I could, until I found out that they cost 225 bucks! The second best section costs 90 bucks and the lawn seats are $40! I think I might bite the big one and pay 90 bucks for a decent seat. I really hope he peppers his set with some songs he usually doesn’t play. I can’t wait until he shows up the Police. I have nothing against the Police but any chance EC gets to show the world how good he is, is okay with me. Man I hope he doesn’t cancel or something, I really don’t want to be stuck seeing the Police with some lame opening act like the counting crows or something.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

they will NOT cancel...believe me! or else hundreds of people like you and me WILL be returning our tix. or selling them at ebay. yeah....ridiculous $225 and better for the best seats. i'm hoping that the $90 seats are not just the ones immediately in front of the lawn seating. but, i'm very surprised they are doing this dual tour at the amphitheatres and VERY happy about the 7:30 start time too. maybe IMPOSTERS will do a solid hour!!! and agreed, he'd better pepper the sets with oddball tunes or NEW ones! you know, i could not resist as my second EC & ATTRACTIONS show was at the BOTTOM LINE and a mere 2 or 3 nights later at the same venue, i saw THE POLICE for the first time. 1979...$7.50 each i think. april 1st and 4th, if i'm correct. too lazy to get the ticket stub collection out, but almost positive my dates are correct. well, i won't be BOTTOM LINE distance away, but, here's to a good seat for all!!!!!!!! i imagine the EC site that does the tix, WILL treat those of us with no citicard fine. let's hope..........peace, ba