Hilarious Elvis debate on youtube

Pretty self-explanatory
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

and lo, a voice cried out from the wilderness...

how the hell are ya, rope?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
A rope leash

Pot laws suck...

Post by A rope leash »

Two words Moody..."hung" "over"

They got my gal in jail. She got some pot for a "friend" (read "narc").

$75,000 cash bail. For a quarter ounce. They won't lower it because she won't talk. I wish she would, frankly...this is completely devastating for all of us. The police are out of control. This was one addict thinking she was helping another, not a major criminal enterprise.

These bastards won't even let a dying man have a smoke. Think it's right?...or "fair"? Go fuck yourself in the ass with a beer bottle.

As for gender reassignment, I've always wondered...do they let you keep willie in a jar, or do they just throw it in the trash? You know, if they could perfect penis transplants, it could be a whole new business...a well endowed man could will his willie away...!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Really have missed you, Rope. Hope things work out for your gal. The world is a cesspool of sheeplike humans. Whatever happened to all of the concern about "overpopulation"? Things were simpler when there were fewer of us.

Peace.
A rope leash

Mutton puffs

Post by A rope leash »

Yes, sheep...that's the core of the problem.

We were going to have legal pot. We were going to have universal health care. We were never going to war again. The Beatles said so.

I'm old enough to remember how serious we were. Hell no, we won't go!

But there they went, without so much as a peep. I'm totally ashamed of us. I can understand why someone would feel powerless in the face of massive force, but there's no force greater than the masses, if we'd get off our asses.

Stop the war. Stop busting people for shit nobody but the puritans care about. Stop letting people suffer when we have so much. We were going to do it, we were going to stop it...but what happened? The Beatles turned into the Black-eyed Peas.

Baaa...bleat on you stupid fuckers. What good is Elvis now? He's worth exactly squat, and Ringo, and Bowie, and Bob, and Willie. They just got us into trouble, because all they did was sing to our dreams and frustrations and take our money. There wasn't and isn't any follow through. I'm sure they think it's awful, but why don't they incite a riot or two just to show us they really mean it? How hard would that be, seeing as how they already got a crowd?

What I don't get is the apathy of youth. They are really fucked, and they must like it, because I hear very little complaining. Who bitches? Well, we are all old, like this guy...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e18503.htm

Come on, collegians...you have no future, so what have you got to lose? Afraid of the taser? You should be, but you shouldn't even let them have it in the first place. We have the power, not them...they can't shoot us all. If you want a decent world to live in, you have to say no to war and empire. You have to get in their face about it. You have to demand it. Don't tell me your too busy, there's no way. You are just lazy and frightened of the police. I mean, I hope that's what it is, because if you really want your future to be war and suffering, then your beatnik/hippie/yuppie parents got it wrong big time. If you think there's any moral value to war at all, or to theft, or to oppression, then perhaps you will get the future you deserve.

This is about you, young ones...frankly, I'd rather be dead than led by these psychopaths for the rest of my life. Why don't you shut down your fucking school until they go packing? Against the law is it? Well, so is that joint you're smoking...have you no sympathy for the guy that scored it for you? Are you just going to let them rot in prison because it's their tough luck? Sure you are, because you're not people, you're sheeple...and you don't want the prod.

Welcome to the police state. Exactly what we didn't want. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the welcomes backs.

rope rope the misanthrope
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

migdd wrote:Yes, where has everyone gone?
his popularity is shrinking for some reason

in the past, a tiny 300 person EC gig would sell out in seconds.. the one in SF has been available for almost a week.

some people say they are "tired of his insistence on singing through the nose"
others say
"Clover was much better than the attractions / impostrers"

or
"he was great before that Every day I write the book crap"

the west coast would love to see him opening solo for dylan.. but ticket says for that tour (partly because of Dylans supposedly heroin destoryed voice) have been extremely week, so it is not highly likely
alexv

Post by alexv »

Hey, AB, what's that about Dylan and heroin/voice destruction? Is the idea that he, like Jerry Garcia, is using heroin and that is what is destroying what remains of his croak? That would be an incredible parallel, and sort of fitting: both 60s icons survive the 60s without succumbing to heroin, but in their old age both choose, inexplicably, to spend 2/3 of every year on buses travelling through the world in a perpetual musical caravan. I thought in Dylan's case it was because of an inability to find a home other than on the road. But could it be, that like Jerry, the bus and the road where the best places for an older addict to enjoy the pipe in peace. Is that the rumor? It would also explain the Dead-like following that clings to Dylan these days as he becomes a Garcia substitute. Or is this all wrong and you are saying that he ruined his voice through heroin use back in the 60s/70s?

On Migd's question about where everyone has gone. she was not questioning the shrinking of EC's concert-going base. She was asking why this Fan Forum has lost some of its old regulars. Now, maybe they, like the folks out in Cali, have tired of EC, but I kind of think our sorely missed old-time regulars have grown tired of our little group, and not of EC, which of course is wrong-headed. Life is more fun when you are following Foyle's following of Elvis than following the actual Elvis.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

In the almost 20 years that I've poured over books on Bob Dylan and interviews with him I've never seen heroin ever be associated with him in the slightest.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

A Rope Leash , love the sentiment , we have all been there , marches , protesting , I'm sure the youth of today do also in there own way , probably via blogs & U-Tube . Things were different in our youth , I went to Brockwell Park to see EC as a 15 year old via a Left Wing Book shop , coach, march followed by good music I wasn't to politisized at that point as you say we get older and wiser, and still keep leaving it to the educated to keep fucking us over, so tax the rich share the spoils and lay back and watch those black sails in the sunset .
Oh and by the rich I don't mean working class folk who have made a few quid and consider themselves middle class I'm talking the top 5% who have never felt shafted by life .