My Aim Is True 30th anniversary deluxe reissue

Pretty self-explanatory
ChrisdeB

Post by ChrisdeB »

I like the look of this very much I certainly will be buying it!! Nice to see there is not any duplication from the bonus tracks on the previous reissues.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I'm curious whether "No Action", "Living in Paradise", "Radio Sweetheart" and "Stranger in the House" (all listed as "outtakes") are true outtakes or the same ones on the Rhino reissue (and in the case of the last two, the ones we've known all these years).
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis' Pr people have a more detailed listing of this MAIT re-issue -

http://www.shorefire.com/index.php?a=pr ... ase&o=1105

June 25, 2007

Elvis Costello: My Aim Is True Deluxe Edition out Sept. 11
(Hip-O/ UMe)

48 Track, 2-Disc Set Traces Costello’s Landmark 1977 Debut Album With the Original Recording; Out-takes; and 29 Previously Unreleased or New-To-CD Demos and Live Material Including the Legendary ‘77 London Nashville Rooms Concert in its First Release

Elvis Costello’s My Aim Is True Deluxe Edition will be released September 11 by (Hip-O/ UMe). The 48 track, 2-disc set includes 29 demos and live performances that are either previously unreleased or new-to-cd.

The first disc comprises the entire original My Aim Is True along with four out-takes and eight Pathway Studios demo tracks, seven of which have never been available on CD.

The heart of the second disc is a legendary 17-song live performance by Elvis Costello and The Attractions from The Nashville Rooms in London on August 7, 1977, just a little more than two months after their first-ever performances. The complete concert is followed by five songs from the show's soundcheck earlier that day, all available on CD for the first time. These have never been commercially available before, except for three songs issued as the B-side to the 1977 release of the Watching The Detectives single. Other than a the limited-release Live at the El Mocambo, this marks the first official release of a complete Costello concert.

Costello participated extensively in the collection and annotation of the music on this 30th anniversary edition. The set continues the label's work with Costello's catalogue, which began earlier this year with the May release of two best-of collections, The First 10 Years and Rock and Roll Music, the re-release of his first 11 albums, and the first digital release of those albums.

ELVIS COSTELLO: MY AIM IS TRUE Deluxe Edition

DISC ONE

ELVIS COSTELLO: MY AIM IS TRUE
1 Welcome To The Working Week 1:22
2 Miracle Man 3:31
3 No Dancing 2:39
4 Blame It On Cain 2:49
5 Alison 3:21
6 Sneaky Feelings 2:09
7 (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes 2:47
8 Less Than Zero 3:15
9 Mystery Dance 1:38
10 Pay It Back 2:33
11 I'm Not Angry 2.57
12 Waiting For The End Of The World 3:22
13 Watching The Detectives 3:45

ELVIS COSTELLO: MY AIM IS TRUE out-takes
14 No Action 2:15
15 Living In Paradise 3:00
16 Radio Sweetheart 2:25
17 Stranger In The House 3:01

ELVIS COSTELLO: MY AIM IS TRUE Pathway Studios demos
18 Welcome To The Working Week 1.35
19 Blue Minute 1.40
20 Miracle Man 2.22
21 Waiting For The End Of The World 2.25
22 Call On Me 1.59
23 (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes 2.03
24 I Don’t Want To Go Home 1.48
25 I Hear A Melody 2.13

DISC TWO

ELVIS COSTELLO & THE ATTRACTIONS Live at The Nashville Rooms, August 7, 1977
1 Introduction by Dave Robinson 0.25
2 Welcome To The Working Week 1.18
3 Blame It On Cain 2.53
4 No Dancing 2.57
5 Waiting For The End Of The World 3.54
6 Night Rally 2.34
7 Hoover Factory 2.01
8 No Action 2.31
9 (I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea 3.03
10 Miracle Man 3.53
11 The Beat 3.46
12 Less Than Zero 3.27
13 (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes 2.57
14 Lipstick Vogue 3.59
15 Watching The Detectives 4.23
16 Lip Service 4.31
17 Mystery Dance 3.34
18 Alison 3.33

ELVIS COSTELLO & THE ATTRACTIONS Live at The Nashville Rooms –
Soundcheck, August 7, 1977
19 Pay It Back 2.23
20 Radio Sweetheart 2.56
21 Sneaky Feelings 2.16
22 Crawling In The USA 3.00
23 Alison 3.25

MY AIM IS TRUE was first issued as Stiff SEEZ 3 (UK), July 1977 and as Columbia JC 35037 (US), November 1977.

Watching The Detectives was first issued as the a-side of Stiff single Stiff BUY 20 (UK), October 14, 1977. The track was included only on the US version of the album.

No Action and Living In Paradise was first issued on the MY AIM IS TRUE 2CD Edition (2001)

Radio Sweetheart was first issued as the b-side of Less Than Zero, Stiff BUY 11 (UK), March 25, 1977.

Stranger In The House was first issued as a bonus single with the first 50,000 copies of the UK version of THIS YEAR'S MODEL, Radar RAD 3 (UK), March 1978.

The Pathway Demos:
Blue Minute, Miracle Man, Waiting For The End Of The World, Call On Me, (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes, I Don’t Want To Go Home and I Hear A Melody are previously unreleased; Welcome To The Working Week was first
issued on ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC, Hip-O 02517 26092, May 1, 2007.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

God save the Foyles...they always manage to come through.

I would have been very surprised if they had found new "outtakes" instead of the four we know, but at least we're getting those live B-sides in context. Of course, had the Shore Fire folks done their research (with a simple visit to Nunki's EC on Rhino site) they'd know that "Miracle Man" was from the US "Alison" single.
John

Post by John »

johnfoyle wrote:22 Crawling In The USA
Looks like he's made it all the way!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

wardo68 wrote: I would have been very surprised if they had found new "outtakes" instead of the four we know, but at least we're getting those live B-sides in context. Of course, had the Shore Fire folks done their research (with a simple visit to Nunki's EC on Rhino site) they'd know that "Miracle Man" was from the US "Alison" single.
So Radio Sweetheart and Stranger in the House are not new versions. And they still are a little off in counting the "new to CD" tracks, as the three Nashville room tracks already released were put out on CD in the Singles box sets.

Too bad they still left some pre-MAIT material sitting. Guess that will be in the Box Set version someday.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

You can preorder at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Aim-True-Elvis ... 254&sr=1-4

(the album seems rather expensive: 29.98 $.)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Gee, that's a lot, even for a 2-CD album. :?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

invisible Pole wrote:Gee, that's a lot, even for a 2-CD album. :?
Hmm, that's probably the Euro import.
ulfg

Post by ulfg »

That is the normal price for a single CD here in Sweden. No wonder people are downloading like never before...
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

I already started the justifying of the purchase to myself. I am mentally prepared to spend 30 dollars on this, and if it is only the price for an import, then I will be pleasantly...not surprised, but I'll be happy at any rate.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

CD Universe also shows the list price as $29.98, although it's on sale there for $23.44.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

It is probably a Japanese import... which will probably turn out to be the only My Aim Is True reissue that is actually THE complete one...
Neil.

30-year anniversaries

Post by Neil. »

Hi all - so is the plan that Elvis releases ALL his albums 30 years after the event, with a live CD attached? Or is it just happening to MAIT?

To be honest, I think I'll be buying yet again if they all have an extra CD's worth of new stuff - hope lots of crazy live cover versions turn up.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Neil. wrote:Hi all - so is the plan that Elvis releases ALL his albums 30 years after the event, with a live CD attached? Or is it just happening to MAIT?
All we know so far about other deluxe editions is this:
Resnikoff said that the company is thinking about a deluxe edition of 1978's "This Year's Model" in 2008, along with others at appropriate intervals.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

bambooneedle wrote:It is probably a Japanese import... which will probably turn out to be the only My Aim Is True reissue that is actually THE complete one...
Actually that's an interesting point. I wonder if the Japanese edition will have an unreleased track or two unique to this re-re-re- (is that enough) reissue.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Amazon.com has a picture of the sleeve:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Aim-True-Elvis ... 395&sr=1-4
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Amazon in the UK has September 17, 2007 as the European releasedate:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Aim-True-Elv ... 1-1#disc_1
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

My birthday is 20th September.

I expect to receive at least 10 copies from Board members :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

U.S. purchasers of this via this -

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_hom ... deptnr=298

- get this -

Pre-Order this release by Elvis Costello and receive a Limited Edition Newbury Comics/Elvis Costello Pint Glass with purchase.

Please note: Pint glasses only ship to DOMESTIC destinations. Pre-ordered CDs shipping with promotional materials are limited to (5) per customer.

Of course, a generous person in the U.S. could buy an extra one for us poor, deprived Europeans.......
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ordered mine today! :D (had to have that pint glass)
And for the low, low price of 19.99!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Ordered mine today as well.
JF, PM me and I'll work on getting you a pint glass.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The official site http://www.elviscostello.com has this:
Pre-order the new Elvis Costello Deluxe Edition CD My Aim Is True and get a limited edition pint glass from the "Newbury Comics Artist Pint Glass Series"! This Elvis Costello pint glass is a Limited Edition ( There will only be 1000 made), and it will be available in their stores on Tuesday, September 11th. If you want to be sure you get one, pre-order right here on http://www.newburycomics.com.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This seems to have a link to a download of this -

http://startelegram.typepad.com/pop_cul ... be-di.html