The Official "I Have North" Thread...

Pretty self-explanatory
DrJ

The Official "I Have North" Thread...

Post by DrJ »

Hi. Welcome to the official "I Have North" thread.

I have North. Bought at 18:52 this evening, September 12th, in Tower Records Dublin. Have wathched the DVD, it's nice, will listen to the record later this evening.

Log your North purchase here.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Pov

Post by Pov »

I have ORDERED North from Amazon. Paid for it too. (does that count?) In the US it's not being released until 9/23 (the day after the first Town Hall show - isn't that odd?) Hope it comes with the DVD.
Branst

Post by Branst »

They say the first 100,000 pressings of North come with a limited edition DVD but since I'm in the USA, I don't know if I'm elgible for the DVD unless it's the first 100,000 for each country ???
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Contrary to saliva inducing reports about North being out sooner in SE Asia (and I was hoping Australia), I have to wait till the 22nd... One site I saw included the extra DVD as well as Impatience on the tracklist though.
A rope leash

For the record

Post by A rope leash »

I officially don't have it, either!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

neither do the downloadphiles. Like that pun? I swear I made it up.
A rope leash

Awesome!

Post by A rope leash »

Hey! I think you just "coined"!

Did it hurt?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I wish I could, literally... ie. make it pay. My contribution to humanity. Just put it into google and it came up only once, so I must be a genius. :)
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Monday morning... the usual 'lie in' is postponed...Glasgow Buchanan Street here I come....ready to thrust my fifteen pounds into the outstretched hand of some uneffected youth in a virgin megastore army regalia, then tear eagerly at the plastic wrapping of evil, hand manufactured by satan's horde so the little white 'tear here' strip, doesn't tear here.

I'm also going to buy new shoes (in case you wanted to know).
Last edited by laughingcrow on Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Like DrJ, I was lurking about Dublin record shops checking out the availablity of North, and glad to say its everywhere, except the little shops. Good displays, they stack up well against the big displays for the Bowie and The Stunning re-issue. Prices vary from €20.99 to €25.99.
Excellent booklet, lyrics in 4 different languages. Good to see Universal have got this part of the marketing right, I did'nt hear it being played in any of these shops all the same.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Yeah Otis, Bowie is everywhere!!! But Reality can wait: DB was good on JRoss tho, like that song.

I really should go listen to North. The packaging is nice. But the internet bonus version of North is in a Windows Media type format and is explicitly Apple incompatable. Microsoft scum.

DrJ
Last edited by DrJ on Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Bowie and the 15 Dylan remasters come out in Canada on Tuesday, but contrary to that Billboard article I gloated about a few weeks ago, I don't think North comes out until Sept. 23rd. And the reissues aren't out yet here either :?
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I coined "Hip-Pop" in writing a scathing letter to Rolling Stone. One of their writers quickly "coined" the same term in the very next issue!

That! That!!!! :x grrr.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hi all - so is 'Impatience' on the disc or not? It says it is on the HMV site. I'm really confused!! The song 'North' is the one you can download - but what about Impatience?
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

I have the banner at least.
the poisoner

Post by the poisoner »

i just got the three re-issues.
any love for that?

i ordered from amazon the north with the dvd.
cost me 34+ bucks with s&h.
supposed to get it by the 18th.
oh, i useta be disgusted
now i try to be amused
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

The CD + DVD version, with bonus tracks Impatience and Too Blue, was released on Wed Sep 10th in Japan, so Perfectblue and I have had it since then. Strangely enough, the 1996 John Harle CD, Terror & Magnificence, was released in Japan on the same day, so I bought that too (EC sings three songs - O Mistress Mine, Come Away Death, When That I Was And A Little Tiny Boy). To complete a hat-trick of EC related purchases I also picked up Howard Tate's 'Rediscovered', which contains 'Either Side Of The Same Town, and 'Get It While You Can'. The latter was played as the opener to EC's recent Fuji Rock appearance.
Where's North from 'ere?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Storm, that's very impressive. however I'm going to up the ante by posting this picture...

As the cd gets wider release, catalogue your purchase here and put up a dumb photo.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Is it true that CD's are insanely expensive in Japan?
A rope leash

Also...

Post by A rope leash »

Is it true that stormwarning and perfect blue are sharing a copy of North? Was this ever made public? Is it love? Does the dog really care?

Probably not, he just likes to gossip. A rope leash also loves it when two Elvis fans join together in domestic harmony. Is this what we have?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

jeeez..if only I too had good hair!!!! :lol:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

My fucking computer's gone tits up (fucking microsoft bastards) and has had to go to the computer hospital, but I'm in town having just got North (£13.99 in Virgin including the DVD and 'Impatience') and having a coffee and surf session. Just listened to the first couple of tracks and they are okay for my first listen, but feel that they will probably grow on me.
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:D
Last edited by laughingcrow on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13.99 at the Glasgow virgin...but it wasn't in the New Releases section......?

First off, the artwork on the discs is excellent. The front cover is all shiny, and the photos inside are GLOSSY!!! Glossy i say! The discs look really cool, with this black and white weed design.

I didn't realise it was a 2-disc set. The limited edition is the only one I could find, so noone worry about not getting one.

The dvd is cool, it's the man talking on the same set as the Still video that was online...there's a bit at the start where he has to brush leaves off the piano keys.....brilliant!!!!!!!!

There's a bit of a cryptic dedication... ''To the lass from R.H''..dunno what this means, but think I know who it could be :roll:

As for the music...now consuming!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Never mind the important stuff, I have the DVD at last! Watched the video for 'Still' first. Still can't get past the leaping salmon, moose, geese and polar bears on 'North'. Digging 'Impatience', too.

Wow, such a lovely package. The first b+w picture in the booklet is one of the best ever of Elvis. Very classy. Very glossy.

P.S HMV Liverpool had a more prominent display for North than Reality. Oh yes!