www.elviscostello.info... Whatever happened to...?

Pretty self-explanatory
King_of_Spain

www.elviscostello.info... Whatever happened to...?

Post by King_of_Spain »

Hi, folks

I have been outside this forum for a long time as a "poster" but reading your comments quite often, anyway.
Now I´m back ´cause the fact is that I have tried to enter -once and again, for several days..- at http://www.elviscostello.info and... no way!!

Could anybody tell if the page is definitely out of order? (I hope it´s not, ´cause it always seemed a great site to me...) Does anybody know whatever happened to the site, if so?

Thanx a lot everyone (And yes, I guess you´ve probably mentioned this topic before... but I´m afraid that trying to search for it within this forum has been my second exhausting attempt tonight, after the first one with the probably-extinguished site...)
Last edited by King_of_Spain on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I name and number all the things you gave to me"
King_of_Spain

Post by King_of_Spain »

Adding just to say that I actually read the site had been "hijacked" ( http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=5715 ), but no news about further events.

Now it doesn´t work.
Definitely out of order?
nobodygirl

Post by nobodygirl »

it's a wiki now.

but I can't find that either...
Your friends said you were better off dead
You were dead anyway from the start
--RA
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The wiki site address is

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment (a bit like myself in fact :lol: )
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

The site is in the process of being moved to a new server, and that's taking longer than expected.
King_of_Spain

Post by King_of_Spain »

Thank you very much for all the information given.

I really loved that site (the first one I knew about EC, actually) and I wouldn´t like to lose it.

Expecting news, therefore... :wink:
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

King_of_Spain wrote:Thank you very much for all the information given.

I really loved that site (the first one I knew about EC, actually) and I wouldn´t like to lose it.

Expecting news, therefore... :wink:
there are some issues with it but do not fear, it will be back shortly. The server that used to host the site was hacked, and the people that ran that server weren't very helpful in fixing things, so the whole site has now been transferred to a much better place. Don't worry, nothing has been lost. There should be an announcement once it's all good to go
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Doc and John E have been burning up the keyboards working on this one. Should have something for you guys soon.
KillerBaboon

Post by KillerBaboon »

that's an absolutely brilliant site, so it is. didn't it go down for a while about two years back as well? Fortunately back then I used only use it for its chords section, and sure that tends not to change too often anyway... if it did, i'd be a bit confused!
There's no money-back guarantee on future happiness...
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

elviscostello.info is brilliant and chock full of content. In moving it, we have learned that it is either the top site or in the first two pages when searching for images from Simpsons, Sopranos, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Led Zeppelin. The content in the site is that deep. :)

It's slowly getting back online. The domain name is alive with nearly all of the old content. We are tuning things and trying to resolve issues

There were a few days during the transition where neither site was online and a few more where the new server got swamped. It is holding up better now but there is more tuning to do.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Yeah, well hurry up about it will you :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though - thanks for all of your help with this Doc. I use John's site and find it almost as invaluable as this one.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Sunday we realized that the server didn't have enough RAM and Monday I upgraded the RAM. Things look a lot better now but I think there is still room for tunning.

It's getting there. Computers are always needing attention.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

http://www.elviscostello.info should be up and OK now. It is now hosted on the same computer as the board.

I really hope that the EC community can use both the Board and the Wiki to their best effect. You can upload concert pics, tickets, etc to the Wiki and link to them from here. We can use the Board to discuss set lists, upcoming events, etc. and hopefully correct set lists and appearances will end up on the Wiki's gigography.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

It is up and ok now.
Thank you so much, Doc, for all your hard work !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

invisible Pole wrote:It is up and ok now.
Thank you so much, Doc, for all your hard work !!
Thanks. Let's just hope it stays up. :)

The neat thing about Wiki's is that it is a community open editable site. I hope that we can all help get the Wiki populated. For example, JohnE has 100s of pictures that need to be properly linked into the various pages. We have been bulk importing concert pictures and trying to link them in to a per concert page with the set list, ticket stub, photos, etc.

So if you have some spare time and want to contribute, JohnE can certainly point you to something that needs to be done.