johnfoyle

Elvis in Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 2006,SF,Oct.'06

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/

6th Annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
October 7-8, 2006

Speedway Meadow, Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California

' IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY! - Friday, October 6th featuring Elvis Costello & Friends. '
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

This is always a great weekend in SF. So many stages, so little time.... bitchin'. I'm there!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis Costello & friends just sounds like it's going to be a special night :mrgreen:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-d ... post554691

Bill Kirchen with Elvis Costello in SF 10/6

Oct 6, Bill will be playing with Elvis Costello at the
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco.
The band will be Elvis, Bill, Austin DeLone,
Pete Thomas and Davey Faragher with
guest appearances by Emmylou Harris and Gillian Welch.
The festival will be in its fifth year, a wonderful and free
weekend extravaganza of roots music. Elvis was so taken
with the title of Bill's upcoming Proper Records release
that he has, for this one show, named the band after it.
Soooo..... It's Friday, October 6th at 4 PM in
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, Elvis Costello and
The Hammer Of The Honky-Tonk Gods! Be there.
Being square is not an option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://proper-records.co.uk/news.php?ac ... iew&nid=49

Bill worked with Elvis in 2000 -

http://www.billkirchen.com/CrosstownArt ... ery_6.html

Nick Lowe, Austin de Lone, Bill Kirchen , Jim Keltner, Elvis Costello

"Band at AskJeeves.com private party, San Francisco"

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... type=music

San Francisco Chronicle, USA

POP BEAT

Bill Picture

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mark your calendars! The annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is just around the corner (Oct. 6-8 ), and this year's lineup is shaping up to be the biggest and best in the event's six-year history. Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris are among the more than 60 artists confirmed to play. And, for the first time, the free festival in Golden Gate Park will kick off on a Friday afternoon, with a special performance by Elvis Costello. For details, go to http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A chance for Elvis 'n Linda Ronstadt to re-visit Alison is , sadly, no longer possible , following this news -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5284578.stm

Linda Ronstadt cancels tour dates

Singer Linda Ronstadt has cancelled the remaining dates on her current tour after undergoing surgery in the US.

The 60-year-old star was treated in hospital in Arizona on Tuesday, her agent, Shelly Schultz, told the Associated Press news agency.

Ms Schultz refused to disclose details about the surgery, but said that it was not for cancer.

Ronstadt - best known for albums such as What's New - was due to perform gigs in September and October.

They included dates in Mexico and Texas.

Speaking about the surgery, Ms Schultz said: "It wasn't an emergency, but it came about rather quickly, so she decided to do it sooner rather than later.

"It's surgery, it's completed, and she's fine."

Ronstadt will recuperate at her home in Tucson, Arizona, for an "undetermined" amount of time, and then travel back to her other home in San Francisco to spend time with her adopted children, Ms Schultz added.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/ ... i?show=day

Here is the performance schedule from the 2006 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival ; I've highlighted all potential 'Elvis involvement' acts .

Banjo Stage

* 10:30am Samantha Robichaud
* 11am Alex Hargreaves
* 11:30am P.M.W.
* 3pm Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock
* 4:15pm Elvis Costello - Solo & w/ the Hammer of the Honky-Tonk Gods

Sat Oct 7 (11am - 7pm)
Banjo Stage

* 11am The Nashville Bluegrass Band
* Noon Alison Brown Quartet with special guest Joe Craven
* 1:05 Banjo Extravaganza w/ Bill Evans, Tony Trisch & Alan Munde
* 2:15 Barbary Coast Cloggers
* 3:05 Earl Scruggs
* 4:25 Gillian Welch
* 5:45 Steve Earle & The Bluegrass Dukes

Star Stage

* 11:15am The Devil Makes Three
* 12:15 Allison Moorer
* 1:15 The Stairwell Sisters
* 2:25 Austin Lounge Lizards
* 3:35 T-Bone Burnet (Electric set)
* 5:15 Jerry Douglas & The Best Kept Secret

Rooster Stage

* 11:00am Scott Miller & The Commonwealth
* Noon Kelly Willis & Bruce Robinson
* 1:10 Todd Snider
* 2:20 Songwriter Circle w/ Steve Earle, Billy Bragg, Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson
* 3:40 Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson
* 4:40 Billy Bragg

Arrow Stage

* 11:10am The Opera Dukes
* 11:55 Dry Branch Fire Squad
* 12:50 Laurie Lewis & The Right Hands
* 1:45 The Pine Leaf Boys
* 2:45 Chatham County Line
* 4:05 Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
* 5:20 The Avett Brothers

Porch Stage

* Noon Jeffrey Luck Lucas & The Sorrows
* 12:45 Etienne de Rocher
* 1:30 Annie & The Vets
* 2:15 Danny Barnes Collective
* 3:00 Heidi Claure & AtaGallop
* 3:45 Jon Langford, Rico Bell & Sally Timms of The Mekons
* 4:30 Kemo Sabe

Sun Oct 8 (11am - 7pm)
Banjo Stage

* 11am Poor Man's Whiskey
* 11:35am Dale Ann Bradley & Coon Creek
* 12:30 Hazel Dickens
* 1:50 Tim O'Brien's Cornbread Nation w/ Special Guest Mollie O'Brien
* 3pm Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
* 4:20 The Del McCoury Band
* 5:45 Emmylou Harris

Star Stage

* 11am The Steel Drivers
* 11:45am Jody Stecher & Kate Brislin
* 12:50 Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez
* 1:55 Freakwater
* 3:15 Drive-By Truckers
* 4:45 North Mississippi Allstars

Rooster Stage

* 11am Four Year Bender
* 11:55am Kevin Welch & Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin
* 12:55 Iris Dement
* 2:05 Alejandro Escovedo
* 3:20 The Coward Brothers
* 4:25 Richard Thompson (Solo Acoustic)
* 5:45 Robert Earl Keen

Arrow Stage

* 11:15am Ramblin' Jack Elliot
* 12:15 T-Bone Burnett (Bluegrass set)
* 1:20 Flying Other Brothers
* 2:25 Hot Tuna (acoustic)
* 3:45 Richie Furay
* 5:05 The Waybacks w/ Special Guest Bob Weir

Porch Stage

* The Wronglers
* Noon G.E. Smith
* 12:45 Keystone Station
* 1:30 A.J. Roach
* 2:15 Willy Mason
* 3:00 The Lee Boys
* 3:45 David Gans Trio
* 4:30 David Berkeley
verbal gymnastics

Wow - a Coward Brothers set 8)
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

kentucky thunder then del mccoury then emmylou. you could almost get me on a plane.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I just returned from a show at the Make Out Room (Richard Julian) and I heard that E.C. and Nick Lowe will share the stage Friday afternoon. Could this be true?
verbal gymnastics

Wouldn't that be great?

I've seen them do a few songs together on the Spike tour but it would be great if they did a full set together.

And I wonder if the words "Here's a song that Nick wrote and I stole" will make an appearance...
verbal gymnastics

...and of course the words "Here's a song that I wrote and Nick stole"...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Costello says by phone from Toronto, where he's playing with Toussaint
Indicates this interview was done in July, I presume.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... type=music

San Francisco Chronicle

Elvis Costello takes Hammer to festival

- Sylvie Simmons
Sunday, October 1, 2006

Free Elvis Costello. That's an offer, incidentally, not a call to arms. The renowned British singer will be performing in Golden Gate Park for free -- to the chagrin of touts and delight of those who couldn't find/afford tickets to his other two Bay Area performances this year, with Allen Toussaint and the San Francisco Symphony.

It's an afternoon show, starting at 3 p.m. Friday with an opening set from country greats Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Butch Hancock. Elvis plays solo and with the Hammer of the Honky-Tonk Gods, an ad-hoc band he describes as "very much in the spirit of the event." The event being Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. The festival , now in its sixth year, has expanded from two free days of music to three, featuring more than 60 acts on five stages.

"All I know about the festival is what I've been told by friends and all of them sing its praises," Costello says by phone from Toronto, where he's playing with Toussaint. "In fact, a lot of my pals are playing -- T Bone (Burnett), Emmylou (Harris), Billy Bragg -- so I'm going to be sticking around for the whole weekend to see all the great people on the bill. All I can say is that whoever this gent is who's paying for it, I take my hat off to him."

That gent is Warren Hellman, a San Francisco financier whose outside obsessions include extreme sports, philanthropy and playing banjo. The first festival, in 2001 (eight bands on two stages; sounds a bit paltry now) gave him an excuse to present some of his favorite performers, like Hazel Dickens and Harris. They've returned every year since, along with others who've become almost regulars -- Steve Earle, Del McCoury, Gillian Welch -- plus new additions from across the spectrum of folk, country, Americana and singer-songwriters. Numbering among them this time are Richard Thompson, North Mississippi Allstars and Alejandro Escovedo, men not best known for their banjo licks.

Getting Costello to headline the inaugural Day 3 was quite a coup. With one date left to go on his U.S. tour, he was looking forward to going home with his wife, Diana Krall, to get ready for the twins she's expecting in December.

"There's a lot to do, and my plan was to take a break from touring for a long time, at least a year, because I want to be around for that. Actually, I was thinking I might never go back. I might just stay at home writing songs, or even maybe open a tobacconist's," he says, laughing.

What persuaded him to come back to the Bay Area was a close relationship with the place that "goes back 30 years. It was the first place I ever played in America -- in fact, the first night I ever spent in America was in a HoJo in Mill Valley, because though we were playing in San Francisco we couldn't afford a hotel there," he says. "And it was the first place in America where they played me on the radio. I remember doing long free-form shows with Bonnie Simmons on KSAN, a great station, in the last few years of its existence. Since then there've been so many shows in the Bay Area and I've made so many friends there" -- four of whom are in the Hammer of the Honky-Tonk Gods: Austin DeLone, Pete Thomas, Davey Faragher and Bill Kirchen, whose new album was borrowed for the band's name.

"The name gives a real indication of what kind of show this will be. It's very different. There's going to be a lot of spontaneity and a lot of different people. At one point I think there'll be a string band and around seven vocalists. Barring delayed planes and flat tires, I hope there'll be some very special guests."

There's warmth in his voice when he says, "I'm really looking forward to this festival. It sounds like a ball. And a great way for me to sign off from playing concerts for a long time."

Sylvie Simmons is a freelance writer.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle wrote:
"There's a lot to do, and my plan was to take a break from touring for a long time, at least a year, because I want to be around for that. Actually, I was thinking I might never go back. I might just stay at home writing songs, or even maybe open a tobacconist's," he says, laughing.

There's warmth in his voice when he says, "I'm really looking forward to this festival. It sounds like a ball. And a great way for me to sign off from playing concerts for a long time."
In Amsterdam (a few weeks ago) he gave us hope by saying that he might come to "The Continent" sometime next year to do a tour with Allen and the Crescent City Horns!!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

The last rumour was that he was going to open up a tobacconists in Dublin, near John Foyle's shop. I know this was the last rumour because I've just made it up :lol:

I hope he does tour in Europe next year. I should think he'll be in attendance for at least the premiere of the Hans Christian Andersen show. We'll find out more from Hello magazine in due course no doubt.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I wonder if Elvis took part in any of yesterdays shows?

Sat Oct 7 (11am - 7pm)
Banjo Stage

* 11am The Nashville Bluegrass Band
* Noon Alison Brown Quartet with special guest Joe Craven
* 1:05 Banjo Extravaganza w/ Bill Evans, Tony Trisch & Alan Munde
* 2:15 Barbary Coast Cloggers
* 3:05 Earl Scruggs
* 4:25 Gillian Welch
* 5:45 Steve Earle & The Bluegrass Dukes

Star Stage

* 11:15am The Devil Makes Three
* 12:15 Allison Moorer
* 1:15 The Stairwell Sisters
* 2:25 Austin Lounge Lizards
* 3:35 T-Bone Burnet (Electric set)
* 5:15 Jerry Douglas & The Best Kept Secret
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://mediaspin.com/blog/?p=260

T Bone Burnett and Elvis Costello, Oct. 7, 2006

Went to the 6th Annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass free concert in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park yesterday, and lucked out by seeing a surprise guest appearance of Elvis Costello with T Bone Burnett’s band. Four stages of simultaneous music provided a lot of space and variety to stroll around and enjoy the many varieties of food booths on the scene. Saw a bit of Billy Bragg and ended with Steve Earle.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://easilyfooled.blogspot.com/2006/1 ... tello.html

pnoted ( ?) by pneyu

Sunday, October 08, 2006

now I try to be amused

It's a good thing I'm not working these days, as I needed no excuse to stroll down to Golden Gate Park and check out Elvis Costello, one of my all-time favorites. The Blue Angels, overcast skies, and secondhand pot smoke aside, it turned out to be an incredible day.

Elvis Costello, Speedway Meadows, October 6, 2006: One of the fun things about plodding on with easily fooled is that I finally get to blog some of my most beloved musicians, such as Elvis Costello. I'm far from the Elvis hardcore, but I've seen him many, many times, and I always look forward to his gigs. Venue snobbery is the main factor that keeps me from going to more of his shows these days, but when he's playing a few blocks from my flat for free, I can't refuse.

If I had been paying attention to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass lineup, I would've seen that we were promised Elvis in both solo acoustic form and with a band, but my attention span didn't even need that much information. I saw the two magic words--end of story.

Elvis wasted no time, launching into "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes" and sparking off a nice singalong to the fan favorite. He carried us through a few more songs from all phases of his career. This set the tone for the next two hours, which featured a truly varied selection of his own classics, newer releases, and inspired covers that still has my head spinning.

I have no problem admitting I was out of my element at the festival, especially when I heard the name "Bill Kirchen" mentioned about a hundred times around me. It turned out that he was backing Elvis on electric guitar and that his upcoming CD, The Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods, inspired the name of the band. They were joined by Pete Thomas and Davey Faragher, as well as local player Austin DeLone on keys. Though it was certainly Elvis's show, he turned over the mic to both Bill and Austin during the main set, and Austin's rendition of "Satisfied Mind" was especially moving.

As it turned out, they weren't the only guest players we'd see, and when Emmylou Harris joined in, the show went to another level. Never mind that we'd already been treated to a sublime "Good Year for the Roses" (which I never thought I'd hear live)--they had "I Still Miss Someone" in store for us. As if that weren't enough, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings dropped in for a couple of titles, including my favorite tune of the day: "Mystery Train," a hootenanny performed around an old-fashioned mic.

I thought for sure that Elvis had given us everything we could ask for, but he returned for an encore of "There's a Story in Your Voice" and "(What's So Funny About) Peace, Love and Understanding." And gluttons that we are, we ate up the return of Emmylou, Gillian, and David for the closers, especially the magnificent "When I Paint My Masterpiece."

Five years ago, you wouldn't have seen me at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, and though my tastes have changed since then, it's safe to say that the festival's has too. Elvis Costello's performance was a perfect example of the futility of dogged reliance on genres. It's funny to think I was listening to "Indoor Fireworks" and "Good Year for the Roses" at a time when I shunned nearly everything that didn't have a synthesizer or some kind of dancey beat, but fortunately, truly excellent music knows no timetable.
jillbeast

Here's my setlist and a couple comments.

Post by jillbeast »

I'm not incompetent! I was tired and didn't feel like transcribing a
setlist last night! This recording has blue angels all over it. That
and people shouting for people to sit down...and it's in mono. Anyone
tape the KPFA broadcast that no one on the list knew anything about??
I suppose yes, we are inept. Elvis' voice was a little ragged from
the fog on Friday.

Here's the correct setlist:

01 Ragged But Right
02 She Thinks I Still Care
03 Tom Dooley
04 Life of Wine and Roses
05 Peoples' Limousine
06 Baby Be Real (??) ( A Doug Sahm song)
07 A Matter Of Time (Los Lobos)
08 If You're Going to San Francisco
("In the tradition of Noel Coward"...with I Left My Heart intro, crowd
waving hands to and fro in the air...lovely sight...almost felt like I
was at a love-in!)
09 (So You Wanna Be a) Rock-n-Roll Star
10 Butcher's Boy (flashbacks to Harry Smith Project!)
11 Scarlett Tide w/Emmylou Coward

Elvis tells about this being the 20 year reunion of the Cowards and
how they fell out over marrying the same woman twice. There are a
growing family of Cowards they introduce Mike Compton on Mandoline,
Dennis Crouch on the South Bass, Stuart Dunca on Violin, they have all
become Cowards and the audience are all honorary Cowards. Elvis asked
that someone mail one of their T's to Washington and address it to Mr.
Rumsfeld. These T-shirts were on sale that said "I'm A Coward" on
front and "The Coward Brothers Are Back! San Francisco, CA October
8, 2006" Photos to follow!

All in all it would have been much better if the crowds had more
information and places to walk for this particular stage. It wasn't
really a bad venue except for this one stage...too narrow and deep.
I'll write more later! Must go back to work!

Jill
jillbeast

Oh, and...

Post by jillbeast »

Oh, and Nunki says that Life of Wine and Roses, or Day of Wine and Roses is really called "I Threw Away The Rose"

Jill
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Loads of Youtube of Elvis 'n Emmy 'n co. -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzQkI1iF8c
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I was there. I did learn, through my own experiments, that the brownies wrapped in green cellophane had mushrooms in them.

I thought the stages were well marked. Although, it was difficult to trample over all the bodies to get to the front of each stage, so I did more running around & wandering on the fringe.

Great crowd scene... extremely mellow...

Elvi & T Bone were excellent on Sunday. A proper Coward Bros. tour in 2007 would be a very good thing.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

see

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artolog/264675903/

T-Bone Burnett and Elvis Costello, performing together as "The Coward Brothers", with help from Emmylou Harris. [/img]
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Those are nice pictures. Is the photographer someone connected to the site? I would like to see them added to the Wiki.

Also FWIW once a setlist is blessed here, we should also post it to the Wiki.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_4484259

Marin's deLone and Costello, together again
Paul Liberatore

Marin Independent Journal

10/12/2006

Marin keyboard player Austin deLone happily hugged his wife and teenage daughter as he walked offstage with Elvis Costello after playing for thousands of cheering fans at the opening of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 6 in Golden Gate Park last Friday afternoon.

DeLone - who'll be playing with his own band for a dance party at the 142 Throckmorton Theatre in Mill Valley on Oct. 21 - has backed up some of the biggest and best musicians in rock in his career, but this park gig with Costello was a pretty special show for the modest Mill Valley sideman.

Costello and his band, with deLone on piano and organ, were joined onstage by the sensational young singer/songwriter Gillian Welch, her guitarist partner David Rawlings and the legendary Emmylou Harris, silver-haired and still gorgeous at 59.

During the set, deLone took the spotlight, singing a mellow rendition of the bittersweet ballad "Satisfied Mind."

"I could never sing 'Satisfied Mind' as calm as he did," the intense Costello said. "Audie has such a soulful voice."

Costello, or E.C., as his friends and intimates call him, was sweating and exuberant in a black country western suit as he sat in a backstage tent after what had been an extraordinary show.

At one point, Costello and Harris blended voices on "Love Hurts," an achingly beautiful duet that took the chill off a foggy San Francisco afternoon.

In the afterglow of the music, Costello was more than happy to talk about deLone, a friend and frequent bandmate for more than two decades.

Pointing out what few rock fans know, he credited deLone and his American band, Eggs Over Easy, with kick-starting what became known as the "pub rock movement" in England in the early 1970s.

In turn, pub rock paved the way for the new wave/punk movement that brought Costello to pop prominence in England and the U.S. at the end of that decade.

"He would be too modest to say it, but if it hadn't been for what he did, I don't think the audience would have been there for what I did," Costello said. "If that scene hadn't started, there would probably be no Elvis Costello."

Raised in Philadelphia and inspired by Ray Charles, the Beatles and Bob Dylan, deLone dropped out of Harvard to form Eggs Over Easy, migrating across the pond to play at a working man's pub called the Tally Ho in northern England.

"We begged to play on Monday nights for a beer and a couple of sausage rolls," deLone recalled. "By the end of the year, we were playing six nights a week of rock 'n' roll and one night of jazz. We were rockin' like mad."

After a year in England, deLone moved to Mill Valley in 1972, where he walked into what he called "a wild, blooming music scene" centered on the Old Mill Tavern (now Vasco's restaurant), where he met his British-born wife, Lesley. They have two children, Caroline, 14, and Richard, 8.

Once ensconced in Marin, deLone continued to play with Eggs Over Easy, a trio with Brien Hopkins, who still lives in Mill Valley, and Jack O'Hara, a musician in New York. They released an album on A&M Records that was produced by rock guitar god Link Wray. But, for whatever reason, the band never broke through and the Eggs eventually broke up.

"It's hard to say why some bands don't make it to the big time É (but) Eggs Over Easy were one such band," wrote English rock critic Nigel Cross in this year's CD re-issue of the Eggs Over Easy album "Good 'n' Cheap."

Despite that disappointment, deLone has fashioned an impressive career as a working musician, playing with English musicians like his friend Nick Lowe, the bassist for the British band Brinsley Schwarz.

In 1977, Lowe produced Costello's breakthrough debut album, "My Aim Is True," which Rolling Stone magazine crowned "the album of the year."

In a remarkable coincidence, the Marin band Clover, which included Huey Lewis, backed up Costello on that classic album, which climbed into the top 40 in the United States and established Costello as a cult rock star.

In 1987, deLone was asked to play keyboards in Costello's band, the Confederates, when Costello toured the United Staates, Japan and Australia in support of the albums "King of America" and "Blood and Chocolate."

"I got the call asking me if I could do it," deLone recalled with a laugh. "I said, sure, but I'll have to cancel a couple of gigs at Sweetwater and the Last Day Saloon."

That Confederates tour was the start of long association between Costello, deLone and Marin County.

"The first place I played in America was at Sweetwater," Costello recalled. "It became a hangout."

He mentioned a photo that he has hanging on the wall of his home of a Sweetwater show that Village Music's John Goddard produced with Costello, Jerry Garcia and James Burton, the revered guitarist for Elvis Presley and Ricky Nelson.

"For some reason, we all ended up playing each other's guitars," Costello remembered. "It was a funny night."

Over the years, deLone has played one-off gigs with Costello while becoming a mainstay in an impressive list of top bands: Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen, the Moonlighters with rockabilly guitar great Bill Kirchen, the Fabulous Thunderbirds and Paul Carrack, the singer for the band Ace who had a hit with the classic rock song "How Long."

DeLone is also known as a top bandleader, leading the band for the Bay Area Music Awards for several years during the heyday of the Bammies.

On Oct. 21, he'll be playing what he's calling "A Fabulous Rhythm & Roll Dance Party" at 142 Throckmorton Theatre in Mill Valley.

For that gig, he's assembled a stellar band with guitarist Mighty Mike Schermer, bassist Eric McCann, former E Street Band drummer Ernest "Boom" Carter, singers Mz Dee and Glenn Walters and a three-piece horn section.

Although he's thoughtful and intelligent and soft-spoken, deLone has been known to kick out his right leg when he plays and pound the keyboards with his feet. The man knows how to rock.

"We like to have a good time," he said, "and we want everybody else to have a good time, too."

IF YOU GO

What: Austin deLone's Fabulous Rhythm & Roll Dance party

When: 8 p.m. Oct. 21

Where: 142 Throckmorton Theatre, at 142 Throckmorton in Mill Valley

Tickets: $25 to $35

Information: 383-9600 or go to http://www.142ThrockmortonTheatre.com

Paul Liberatore can be reached at liberatore@marinij.com.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »