TRUST me!

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

TRUST me!

Post by LessThanZero »

FINALLY, someone I can talk Elvis with!
This guy at the radio station I'm interning at likes ELVIS!!
Pretty cool huh?
HE EVEN LET ME BORROW TRUST!

It's alright, but it didn't jump out at me like TYM or B&C did.
It's good enough to buy the first day it comes out though that's for sure!

I really like that song that sounds like it was written for a musical...Love For Sale?

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I've heard Trust. That's all!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

It is the brilliant subtleties of 'Trust' that make it a masterpiece. Cole Porter wrote 'Love for Sale' for the musical 'The New Yorkers'. Listen to 'Trust' again you grow to love it more each time.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I KNEW IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS OUT OF A MUSICAL!!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

I've always loved Trust. It reminds me of my college years. I think the songwriting is great and lyrically it's pretty sarcastic and sometimes vicious.

Also, I think it is probably the quintessential Attractions album.

The only thing I really don't like about the record is the instrumental bridge in Watch Your Step. It seems really dated and it's not recorded very well. There is some weird distortion in the elcetric piano solo, or wherever the hell that annoying sound is coming from. Other than that the song is brilliant.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

"Watch Your Step" also speeds up like a fright train. Listen tot he song all the way through, and as soon as it end, start it over. The tempo shift is enormous.

Trust will become one of your favorites after several listenings. It gets better with age, like Susan Sarandon.

And that's high praise, coming from me.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Trust in its original configuration is EC most complete musical statment. 3 years of non stop work had him and the lads amazingly tight and cohesive. They intuitively played off each other. Having heard some of the warm up versions, they kept at it until they got it right. A brilliant album, all true EC fans should get a copy of the original vinyl album sleeve, its a piece of art in itself.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I agree, Martin F ("looking Italian," indeed!).

TRUST is IMPERIAL BEDROOM's cool, rollicking older brother.
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

trust really is the underated over lookeked gem of ec's work. for those who get it (on any level) it's a fav. elvis started tinkering with experimentation a little more in this album (right before he went all out in ib). like all of his albums i take this one as a whole instead of a collection of songs. while it appears to not really be thematically heavy most of the songs do seem to deal with false appearences and the lack of honesty in the world. just like the album itself hides under the facade of pop music. these waters run deeper than most people really would care for them to.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-