Diana Krall pregnant

Pretty self-explanatory
nobodygirl

Diana Krall pregnant

Post by nobodygirl »

Costello and Krall expecting December arrival
June 25, 2006, 10:06 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) _ Jazz singer Diana Krall and husband Elvis Costello announced Sunday that she is pregnant and due in December _ just in time for the couple's third wedding anniversary.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and his wife were wed in December 2003, and word of her pregnancy was provided by a New York-based spokesman for the couple.

Costello, 51, is currently touring with Allen Toussaint in support of their album, "The River in Reverse." The veteran British rocker's songs include "Veronica," "Pump It Up" and "Alison." The 41-year-old Krall will release a new album this September.

The couple live in New York. This is Costello's third marriage, and his wife's first.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ ... -apnewyork
Your friends said you were better off dead
You were dead anyway from the start
--RA
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Tiny E is on his way!!!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Or little Veronica !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Is it Elvis'?
:D

Mazel tov, Declan.
migdd

Post by migdd »

'Bout time.
Congratulations, EC and Diana!!

Just don't let the music stop, Elvis!!!!!!!!
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

A new daddy-driven lyric can now be created for "Baby Plays Around." A whole new meaning to the song... :P Congrats Elvis and Diana. May you name him/her TPPD! 8) What a great name... TPPD Aloysius MacManus Costello Krall.
bobster

Post by bobster »

That explains why I was feeling so bloated last night....Next, will come the mood swings.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you rang?

congrats, Elvis and Diana. I'm available for babysitting at a very reasonable rate.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... b3d6cda858

Diana Krall expecting first child in December

John Mackie
Vancouver Sun

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

B.C. jazz superstar Diana Krall is pregnant.

Krall and her husband, singer-songwriter Elvis Costello, have announced that they are expecting their first child in December, which coincides with the third anniversary of their marriage.

"They're really happy about it," said the couple's Vancouver-based manager Steve Macklam. "That's about all I can tell you."

Costello was in Vancouver Monday for a concert, while Krall was in Los Angeles, where she is shooting a TV special marking jazz great Tony Bennett's 80th birthday.

The 41-year-old Krall doesn't seem to be taking it easy before she gives birth to her first child. She recently finished recording a new album, and will continue to tour this summer.

"Both of them [recently] played Denver, a day apart," Macklam said. "Diana played one day and Elvis played the next. Then he headed up here and she headed to L.A. So she's shooting in Los Angeles today, then she heads over to Europe, where she's got three weeks of shows starting next week."

The new Krall album is called From This Moment On. Produced by Krall and Tommy LiPuma, it features jazz standards such as the title track, Little Girl Blue, Isn't It a Lovely Day, It Could Happen to You and How Insensitive. It is to be released Sept. 19.

"It's sort of a combination of the Clayton-Hamilton jazz orchestra and quartet stuff," said Macklam. "It's gorgeous, really a beautiful, beautiful record."

Krall, who's from Nanaimo, and Costello, who's from London, England, have homes in several countries, so it's anyone's guess where they may choose to have the baby.

"They split their time between New York and British Columbia," Macklam said. "But I don't think they've thought that far ahead yet."

Costello, 51, has one son from a previous marriage.

jmackie@png.canwest.com

604-605-2126
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I'll be damn. I think we all knew this one was coming. :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

The Irish Independent carries the story, with a slightly bizarre addition:

'But much more interesting, finally someone has come up with a sensible reason for marrying a celebrity.

"I get better service at the shoe department at Barney's when I'm with him than when I'm by myself...so I take him with me whenver I go," Diana explained in an interview this week.

Nice to know that Elvis can put maanners on that snotty lot. It makes him a major Attraction indeed.'
:shock:
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
migdd

Post by migdd »

Otis reported:
The Irish Independent carries the story, with a slightly bizarre addition:

'But much more interesting, finally someone has come up with a sensible reason for marrying a celebrity.

"I get better service at the shoe department at Barney's when I'm with him than when I'm by myself...so I take him with me whenver I go," Diana explained in an interview this week.

Nice to know that Elvis can put maanners on that snotty lot. It makes him a major Attraction indeed.'

It's very important that we all have our priorities straight when it comes to women and shoes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

From http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=5512
verbal gymnastics wrote:
johnfoyle wrote:
Transcript: Elvis Costello, Allen Toussaint

Tavis: All right, so we’re still waiting on the Costello-Krall project.

Costello: Well, (laughs) there are many ways one can collaborate.

Secondly, this is a good comment considering the rumours of Mrs C being pregnant.
I thank you. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Cool. There is hope for the future of music!
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Maybe this time he'll take care of his son instead of taking all those amphetamines....(of course then we would never have those great early 80's albums).
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied

Extreme Honey wrote:Maybe this time he'll take care of his son instead of taking all those amphetamines....(of course then we would never have those great early 80's albums).
Is there any real evidence that Elvis wasn't there for Matt? Or is that just Extreme conjecture?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Extreme Honey wrote:Maybe this time he'll take care of his son instead of taking all those amphetamines....(of course then we would never have those great early 80's albums).
What's the weather like on your planet?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

wow Elvis blew a nut...big fuckin' deal.........
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Extreme Honey wrote:Maybe this time he'll take care of his son instead of taking all those amphetamines...
How do you know they're having a son? Or is that also Extreme conjecture?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?

Copenhagen Fan wrote:wow Elvis blew a nut...big fuckin' deal.........
:lol:
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Any decent Elvis Costello fan read at least one book...and any decent book should explain the story. Read thy books and then you will understand. I guessed about the son part. Its a 50/50.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied

Extreme Honey wrote:Any decent Elvis Costello fan read at least one book...and any decent book should explain the story. Read thy books and then you will understand. I guessed about the son part. Its a 50/50.
Oh yes! The books! The future chapters will detail how Elvis scored some crystal meth to celebrate the birth of the baby-to-be. Bruce T. will write a book about proper parenting, leading Elvis shamefully into exile to Elba. Elvis will then attempt a return a few months later and tour with David Hasselhoff - the only musician who is tolerant of Elvis past mistakes. Finding the exuberant German crowds to be a bit too overwhelming, Elvis will make his final retreat, to Saint Helena. He will write "Poor Napoleon #2" before committing seppuku. A note will be found about how his life and career were never the same again because amphetamines had taken two opportunities to be a caring, loving father.

It's clear that mistakes that might have been made earlier in life will inevitably be repeated. Elvis should just leave now and do everyone a favor.

:roll:
kuanyin

Post by kuanyin »

My 10-year-old (actually, she turns 11 on Wednesday) has declared that:

a. baby Krallstello will, in fact, be a boy
b. he won't be born until January
c. his name will be "Puff."

What can I say, her mother is insane, too...

Have a good 4th everyone!
T

P.S. Is David Hasselhoff really a "musician"???? I'm afraid, now. :shock:
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux wrote:
Extreme Honey wrote:Any decent Elvis Costello fan read at least one book...and any decent book should explain the story. Read thy books and then you will understand.
Oh yes! The books! The future chapters will detail how Elvis scored some crystal meth to celebrate the birth of the baby-to-be. Bruce T. will write a book about proper parenting, leading Elvis shamefully into exile to Elba. Elvis will then attempt a return a few months later and tour with David Hasselhoff - the only musician who is tolerant of Elvis past mistakes. Finding the exuberant German crowds to be a bit too overwhelming, Elvis will make his final retreat, to Saint Helena. He will write "Poor Napoleon #2" before committing seppuku. A note will be found about how his life and career were never the same again because amphetamines had taken two opportunities to be a caring, loving father.

It's clear that mistakes that might have been made earlier in life will inevitably be repeated. Elvis should just leave now and do everyone a favor.
Are you being sarcastic?

Dr. Luther wrote:
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux wrote:
Extreme Honey wrote:Any decent Elvis Costello fan read at least one book...and any decent book should explain the story. Read thy books and then you will understand.

Are you being sarcastic?
Who? Me?! How could you tell? :P Yes, I was being absurd for effect.

Edited to be non-judgemental of fellow posters who are entitled to their opinions.
Last edited by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.