UK Showcase, May 22

Pretty self-explanatory
lostdog

UK Showcase, May 22

Post by lostdog »

Elvis and Allen Toussaint will be playing a showcase at the Cobden Club, a private members club, in London on 22 May.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I presume the Half Moon wasn't available, here's a link about the club. A nice lady on the phone tells me that it's going to be corporate only, so no chance of any fans getting to this show.
verena

Post by verena »

That's bitter ...
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Unfortunately I'm away on a week's holiday from tomorrow otherwise I would have lurked around.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

People who live in Belgium can win this:

http://www.radio1.be/radio1_master/home ... index.html

Costello & Toussaint

'The river in reverse'

Als twee grote heren uit de muziek samen een plaat opnemen is dat groot nieuws. Ontdek 'The river in reverse', de vloeiende samenwerking tussen Elvis Costello en Allen Toussaint!

Op 22 mei stellen Costello & Toussaint hun cd 'The river in reverse' voor tijdens een exclusieve showcase, in de Londense 'Cobdon Club'.

Wouter Mattelin brengt verslag uit van het concert in Neon én hij mag één luisteraar meenemen.

We sturen de winnaar heen-en-terug naar Londen met de trein, we trakteren op de showcase van Costello & Toussaint en en op een superdeluxe overnachting in een viersterrenhotel!

Donderdag 18 mei kan je in Neon het felbegeerde ticket naar Londen winnen
Dinsdag 23 mei stelt Neon 'The river in reverse' aan je voor én je krijgt het verslag van de showcase te horen
Zaterdag 27 mei in Shuffle: interview met Elvis Costello én Allen Toussaint (ov)

This means that you can win a trip to London where you will attend the showcase. It includes a night in a four star hotel.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

.........so , anyone here get into this?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Radio 1 in Belgium did send a journalist and you can hear his report here:
http://www.radio1.be/radio1_master/home ... index.html

For those who don't understand Dutch, these are the highlights. The journalist found it a fantastic concert. It was just AT on piano and EC on vocals (one number on guitar). It swinged a lot and AT was brilliant. There were hardly 100 people in attendance (among them Nick Lowe) and the concert lasted about 40 minutes. EC showed a lot of respect for AT.

Radio 1 will air an interview with EC and AT this saturday, may 27 in the programme "Shuffle" (from 17h till 19h). You can hear it on the internet.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mysterytrain/20 ... train.html

Elvis' Irish radio mate John Kelly has, this evening, been torturing listeners ( well me, anyway) with comments about being at last nights show . He also played four tracks from the album , which can be listened to again for the next day or so via the above link.

Tracks played.

c.8.50 PM ( about 20 minutes into show)

International Echo

Nearer To You

c. 9.25 PM ( about 55 minutes into show)

Who's Gonna Help Brother Get Further

All These Things
John

Post by John »

Thanks John. It seems you have to listen to the whole programme, so I'm recording it. Sounds like a good show.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Belgian magazine "humo" published a review this week. I have no time to translate it, but they gave it a rave review!
These are some of the tracks that were played (according to the review):
The Sharpest Thorn
Freedom For The Stallion
Who's Gonna Help Brother Get Further?
What Do You Want The Girl To Do?
River In Reverse
International Echo
The Greatest Love