Elvis's sound effects music

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Elvis's sound effects music

Post by Neil. »

That thread about Satellite reminded me of how our Elv likes occasionally to illustrate a lyric with a musical sound effect. I'm thinking of the moment in the song when he sings "as cartoon bubbles burst in the air" - as he sings it, you hear a musical version of bubbles bursting in the air (on a triangle or summat).

Any other ones anyone cares to mention? Off the top of my head, he somehow gets the sound of blaring traffic passing on London's Brilliant Parade, when he mentions the horrors of Oxford Street, and in Complicated Shadows, when he sings "iron and steel will bend and break", you get a musical effect which reminds you of - yup - iron and steel bending and breaking.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Probably the most recognizable:

Watching The Detectives
"Invisible shivers running down my spine"
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I always hear an effect in "So Like Candy", right after "here lie the records that she scratched". Of course, now I have to listen to the song to see if the effect is really there or I just imagine it.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

"Little Atoms" has Steve Nieve doing "particles", I believe...
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

The whole of Pad, Paws And Claws, pretty much, sounds like a cat fight.
King of Fools

Post by King of Fools »

How about Pete's drums when Elvis sings "Listen to the hammers falling in the breaker's yard" in Watch Your Step?
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

In one of the songs from Painted from Memory (is it the Long Division?) where he sings "I'm not saying that there will be violins, but don't be surprised if they appear", and lo and behold, violins!
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Agreed about "Little Atoms". The whole intro reminds me of electrons circling around a nucleus, kinda thing.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

In the Comedians (on the Roy Orbison version) "The winds picks up", there's a chilly breeze of strings at that point.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

'Uncomplicated' - ......A horse that knows arithmetic
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Just remembered the bit from Oh Well: "I'd be a pilot or an astronaut" - and there's this wierd noise which just reminds you of an astronaut floating off into space.
manoutoftime

Post by manoutoftime »

How to be Dumb

And beautiful people stampede to the doorway
of the funniest fucker in the world

Q crowd hollering.