EC at the Grammys

Pretty self-explanatory
alexv

Post by alexv »

Mood, remember that riding accident? I think it was much worse than publicly announced and as a result she's using those experimental "half" prosthetic leg devices. It's impressive how she can dance with them.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Well, she better watch out for Paul McCartney then. :lol:

No, wait. She's too old for him.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

sabreman wrote:Got to love 'The Night Tripper'! Great talent! He also worships AT and PLH.
There is nothing freakier and more mindblowing than listening to Dr. John's first album for the first time. One of the funkiest pianists of the south--with one of the sexiest voices.

EC was a great addition to an "interesting" mix of folks. And yes, the poor Edge looked like he couldn't have caught the beat with a butterfly net.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
migdd

Post by migdd »

It was only slightly annoying that during EC's guitar solo during Yes We Can Can, the cameraman focused on the Edge, who was obviously not even playing anything, while EC played his solo, standing right next to Edgy!
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

migdd wrote:It was only slightly annoying that during EC's guitar solo during Yes We Can Can, the cameraman focused on the Edge, who was obviously not even playing anything, while EC played his solo, standing right next to Edgy!
Bastards.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

As if you really care...
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

Extreme Honey wrote:
migdd wrote:It was only slightly annoying that during EC's guitar solo during Yes We Can Can, the cameraman focused on the Edge, who was obviously not even playing anything, while EC played his solo, standing right next to Edgy!
Bastards.
It's an affront to Jeebus.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux wrote:
Extreme Honey wrote:
Bastards.
It's an affront to Jeebus.
Of course I care! I love EC! And yes, it is an affront to Jeebus. It is heresy. Somoeone should get rid of the camera man AND The Edge.

May Jeebus live forever.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

I'm with EH on this one, although EH did not state specifically a distaste for U2 - so I will. I do not like U2. I do not like The Edge. I do not like Bono. I will not watch them with a goat. I will not watch them with Jeebus. I will not watch them anywhere.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

you know the whole thing is just an abortion. it is incomprehensibly bad. when bonnie raitt thanked whatshisname for 300 years of fabulosity in putting it together i was croaking. until of course, she said "once and for all". so there is hope. i say i ain't gonna turn it on and then after about an hour i give in and i walk around like i'm not paying attention. then i start watching like it's a continuous train wreck. i watched madonna on the internet today and that seemed ok except for that farah flip she has favored the last few years. and i saw keith urban and that was tolerable though faith hill can't sing. and then wow. the sly thing was just unbelieveable. a rotating stage half filled with nobodys. now that ciara has great gams. can't sing a lick. poor what's left of sly. i don't think he was supposed to leave and i don't think they knew how to end the song. and then drag poor paul mccartney out there for more awkwardness. the kanye/jamie thing was kind of fun. then u2 wins for the wrong song. i'm never watching again.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

oily slick wrote:...i say i ain't gonna turn it on and then after about an hour i give in and i walk around like i'm not paying attention. then i start watching like it's a continuous train wreck...i'm never watching again.
Same time next year then oily? :wink:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

It's like one of those bad reality shows.....you talk about how stupid they are and say you're not gonna watch them, but sooner or later you get curious and turn it on and low and behold you end up watching the whole thing in utter amazement to how ridiculous it is......BUT YOU CONTINUE TO WATCH THE WHOLE THING...........yeah i said i wouldn't watch but i betrayed myself and stayed up til 11:30 just to see EC.....oh well
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
alexv

Post by alexv »

My wife and daughter love to watch these award shows. I am incapable of watching any of them (Emmys, Tonys, Oscars, Grammys you name them). I am literally embarassed FOR these filthy rich idiots since when 99% of them open their mouths what comes out is inane, which according to my wife makes me the idiot. She is wise.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

I agree with Oily's review of the Grammys. Abortion is a good word for it.

I think Sly left the stage early because he was disgusted with the jam. It had a complete LACK of funk to it and everyone was horrible and he just couldn't take it anymore.

Only bright spot was Alison Krauss and Union Station winning for country album.
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

>>
There is nothing freakier and more mindblowing than listening to Dr. John's first album for the first time. One of the funkiest pianists of the south--with one of the sexiest voices.

>>

Agree 100%! The NT is also a super guitar player. I got to chance to see him on guitar with NBs about 16 years ago. The Good Dr. opened for the NBs on that tour and also joined the NB's for their set. What a great concert! Also love his production on the NB's Fiyo on Bayou! Talk about a great album! Trivia -> What would be Pop super star sings backup on FOB?
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

BUT! I got to see Paul McCartney perform Helter Skelter live. I probably shouldn't have turned it off after that...I heard he performed with JZ??
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Sir Paul and Linkin Park did a duet of 'Yesterday' while Jay-Z made wild conductor gestures and ad libbed.

It was quite atrocious.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Hank wrote:Sir Paul and Linkin Park did a duet of 'Yesterday' while Jay-Z made wild conductor gestures and ad libbed.

It was quite atrocious.
The worst of both worlds, wow. The mere thought of it almost made me puke.
What this world needs is more silly men.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Good heavens, I'm glad I was too busy to watch. :shock:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hank wrote:Sir Paul and Linkin Park did a duet of 'Yesterday' while Jay-Z made wild conductor gestures and ad libbed.

It was quite atrocious.
Only quite atrocious?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Re: EC at the Grammys

Post by johnfoyle »

EarlManchester

Re: EC at the Grammys

Post by EarlManchester »

Neat. Thanks for the link John. Two Imposters in the mix too.
  • Sam Moore - vocals
    Bruce Springsteen - vocals, guitar
    Irma Thomas - vocals
    The Edge - guitar
    Elvis Costello - guitar
    Pete Thomas - drums
    Davey Faragher - bass
    Dr. John - piano
    Bonnie Raitt - backing vocals, guitar
    _____ - backing vocals
    _____ - sax
    _____ - sax
    _____ - trombone
    _____ - trumpet
Can anyone name the members of the horn section, or the other backing vocalist?