Prison Song on BET tonight at 9:30 EST

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Prison Song on BET tonight at 9:30 EST

Post by BlueChair »

If you can handle a movie starring a bunch of rappers and Elvis Costello, then check out 'Prison Song' on BET tonight at 9:30.

Prison Song
120 min.
A young man (Q-Tip) battles adversity to achieve his ambition of becoming a photographer, but the violence of his neighborhood threatens to close the shutter on his dreams. Mary J. Blige, Elvis Costello.

Cast: Mary J. Blige, Elvis Costello, Q-Tip, Fat Joe, Kamaal Fareed
Rating: R
Content: Strong Language, Violence, Sexual Situations
Category: Movie, Drama
Director: Darnell Martin
Release Year: 2001
girl out of time

need a copy

Post by girl out of time »

would anyone be so kind to record this on tape and send me a copy??!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
absolutnut

Post by absolutnut »

Did they ever put his performance back into this when they air it? Last time I saw this it wasn't there. Or am I remembering wrong that Soul For Hire was supposed to be in it? :?
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Nope, Nutty, you're right; "Soul For Hire" was indeed supposed to be in it. It was supposed to be a musical...but then, they cut out all the musical parts. I mean, why else would Elvis Costello be on BET???
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
absolutnut

Post by absolutnut »

Yeah, pretty funny, seeing him in the midst of this movie, and on BET no less! I especially like him as the schoolteacher! Oh if only they would release this on VHS or DVD in its complete form! But then, the same goes for just about everything else. I've been handing the BF everything I have on video for him to convert to DVD, but he hardly has the time to do it!
sheeptotheslaughter

Re: Prison Song on BET tonight at 9:30 EST

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I found prison song on YouTube. Not sure if anyone who still posts on here has seen it.
I watched the beginning to see if Elvis came up in the credits and he was second name on the list. Elvis is very 'chunky' in it and has his hair brushed forwards dyed brown and wears round glasses. I almost didn't recognise him at first. I only watched the first few minutes. Elvis acting was not very good. I might try and watch the whole thing at a later date
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Aw, bless 'im! Elvis has always been fantastic at putting the drama of a lyric across in a song, but when there's no music - i.e. just dialogue - he's never been able to manage it. See also Madonna (but not Sinatra, who was a terrific actor!)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Thanks for the tip - I'll get around to seeing it...eventually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziknv8a4Y6c
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Watched a bit of it... Bad acting all over it, sort of a lame script, but there is a good message to it. Typical punk cops corrading justice and a system of disfranchisement. EC was good. I've never seen him in a cheap suit though.. CLASSIC.