Good News for Diana & Elvis?

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

Good News for Diana & Elvis?

Post by martinfoyle »

According to comments on the EC aol listserv, Diana & Elvis have been blessed. This was either directly mentioned or obvious during her apperance on Jay Leno last night, wednesday. More details to follow, I'm sure. Extreme congratulations, of course.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I think The Bro may be giving a bit too much credence to a excitable , if well intentioned , reaction to Ms Krall appearance on Leno. Basically she , apparently , didn't stand up from sitting at the piano . It might be something as simple as , say , she has a sprained ankle.

But then I am crap a spotting pregnant women. Recently a few customers of my shop told me of their being in that condition. A few weeks later I asked one of them how they were getting on. A puzzled reaction was followed by the news that she was not expecting. I had , of course , got mixed up and asked the question of one of my more , ahem, larger customers. She wasn't back in for a while!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'd have thought a couple of good Irish Catholic boys like yourselves would certainly know what a pregnant woman looks like by now. :lol:
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I'm not sure I think having a baby at 51 is the best idea...
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

It's better than having a baby at 71
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well he ain't having the baby. I know what you mean, MBA, but frankly men do it all the time. I'd be much more worried about his schedule than his age, if I were the mum. But it's great news for them, if true, and I'm sure they'll handle it with aplomb.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Little hands of concrete or delicate porcelain ivory-ticklers?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From a Krall forum -

'Diana's scheduled to appear on Live with Regis and Kelly, Wednesday, 14 Dec. Secret source - at the time of this post, its not listed on her website '

So, everyone have a real good look.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

she didn't stand up, but neither did brian wilson the night before. but maybe he can't. she did look a little ratty.

is it ok to have a kid at 43?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
IStandAccused

DK pregnant??

Post by IStandAccused »

oily slick wrote:she didn't stand up, but neither did brian wilson the night before. but maybe he can't. she did look a little ratty.

is it ok to have a kid at 43?
Of course its okay to have a child at 43- it all depends on the person and their health. It probably gets a bit tougher at 43 but there have been a few high profile women who have had babies at even older- 48 and 51, etc...
I think if she is it will be lovely for them.
*"Common sense is not so common."*Voltaire
For those who speak French, "Le sens common n'est pas si commun."
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

well she is 41, it was me that was 43. and i actually didn't "have" him. but now that he is 5, i am a hundred and 43.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

When looking at this picture, I think it's not totally impossible that Diana is pregnant.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10299889/
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

It's just that everyone I know whose father was older than 50 when they were born graduated high school fatherless. Granted, 68 is lower than life expectancy, and granted, being young is no guarantee against dying. But everyone I know who lost a father in their teenage years was pretty psychically scarred by it.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

miss buenos aires wrote: Granted, 68 is lower than life expectancy, and granted, being young is no guarantee against dying.
Exactly. I think you were in a bad demographic there or something. My Dad was well into his 40s when he had us and he's still kicking ass and doting on his grandkids at 81. I grew up in the odd circumstance of having older parents who were also much more liberal, politically, than the younger parents of my friends. Which is nice because it rid me very early of the stereotype that older people are conservative assholes and younger ones are hip and open-minded.

Don't let anyone tell you there's no right time to have kids. Everyone's life is different and the best gift you can give your kids is wanting them and being emotionally and physically available to them, no matter your age or circumstance. That can happen deliberately or accidentally, early in life or later. Everyone is different.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

The gynaecological element of her christmas LP cover is seeming more pertinent than ever now!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey, I bet the fact that she's the Apple Download Of The Week TM was the icing on the cake!

jillbeast

51 is not too old!

Post by jillbeast »

My dad was exactly fifty-one when he adopted me. He's still alive and kicking at 87, I'm the one that's running late on marriage and having kids! In fact, my dad used to roller skate in his seventies. He could keep up with my skate punk friends. He even rode a motorcycle. Having kids keeps you young say I! Of course it could be kinda awkward when Elvis' son Matthew starts having kids and they are the same age as his brother or sister! But that happened to me...I was an auntie at age 3!

jillbeast
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

johnfoyle wrote:From a Krall forum -

'Diana's scheduled to appear on Live with Regis and Kelly, Wednesday, 14 Dec. Secret source - at the time of this post, its not listed on her website '

So, everyone have a real good look.
Wed. Dec 14th Regis is scheduled for a "repeat"
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/regisandkelly/

Click on Wednes ; Diana is on with Sarah Jessica Parker and Donald Trump.

I see Regis has Christmas album out also ; Donald Trump has a guest vocal on it..............so this show could very special.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:The gynaecological element of her christmas LP cover is seeming more pertinent than ever now!
I think I see a head poking out! :wink:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From listerv ( after watching Regis)

Okay, once again she wouldn't stand up. Why won't she stand up? It's
awkward for her to sit there while everyone comes to her and shakes her
hand, but she doesn't stand to greet them or to take a bow? But there
were a couple of side shots of her, and well, she didn't look it. This
time, the song, Santa Claus coming to town, just okay. The one thing
that was interesting was that Donald Trump was on and started talking about Melania's pregnancy, which has been well reported, and he said that she didn't want people to know about it, and that was her wish, lalala ...? That seemed strange. Everyone knows about it, so why would he bring that up, seemingly outta nowhere? Freudian empathy?

Is she or isn't she? Only her ob knows for sure

I would only add that while playing the piano the other night, Elton
got up often to take bows and run around the stage, and I'd say he was
easily second trimester
ahawkman

Post by ahawkman »

I only saw the end of the Elton thing, but I also noticed he was a bit, er, puffy. His face looks darn good though, has he had work?

Funniest thing was the audience shots of women crying during sentimental songs... it looked for all the world to me that they were remembering happier days when they weren't with some schmuck that took them to cheesy Vegas shows!