ELVIS COSTELLO FAN FORUM TRIBUTE CD

Pretty self-explanatory
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Blue Chair
I know you are waiting on me and I fianlly have my excriment together but I need and email address to get it to you. I sent a couple of pm's but no response. Let me know and I will send it right away.

thanks
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Sorry about that crash...
I just PM'ed you back.

I myself need to finish vocal overdubs on my two tracks... the chest cold I somehow contracted isn't helping much... but I assure you that once I am back to normal I will finish the touch-ups on my tracks, sequence everything, and get this show on the fricken' road already!

I apologize to everyone that this has taken so long. Hopefully the results will prove that it was worth it.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Blue Chair
Thank you. I will send them tonight when I am done on here. I am really figuring this stuff out as I go so if they do not come through by morning let me know and I will get help.

I hope one of them is good enough to go on this. If not just leave them off. I am a big boy and won't be offended. Not only am I not sure my performance will measure up to the others you have received but I am just learning how to use the old 4 track I recently purchased and how to get the songs onto the computer so I think they could have sounded better.

Anyway, thank you so much for letting me try out for this. It has been a blast doing it. I think it is a really great idea and I am sure Mr. Costello will be moved to see his fans going to such lengths to show their support for him. I saw the art work and WOW. I would love to have a copy when when it is all done and have no problem paying for it too help with your costs and time.

thanks again
Crash
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

My Elvis Costello vocal dictionary is coming this week. I am planning on doing a couple of songs the real way, so if everything is not done by then I'll just send it to you and perhaps it can make the list. That "Riot Act" should surprise some people anyway.

<3,
s.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

BlueChair wrote: It's not too late to quickly throw something together. I hope more of the people who initially expressed interest will follow suit soon!

11 days until the firm deadline!
Posted 1/19
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Fine, forget it..

tribute cd cancelled.

I'm sorry for accepting newcomer's contributions after most who originally committed were too busy to get their submissions to me.

I'm sorry that I have spent most of 2004 in ill health thus far (as RedShoes will vouch)

I'm sorry that I have other commitments that are more important i.e. school, finding a job, etc.

This fucking thing will get done...
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

To re-iterate

The tribute CD is not cancelled, but like many regular tribute CD releases, is taking a ridiculously long time.

This is due to:

a) The inability for initial people who said they would contribute to actually do so

b) The fact that it took us a while to set up the technology by which to recieve these submissions

c) New members wanting to contribute and me saying "Yes!" because of the lack of initial participation

So please.. be patient... the deadlines were a tactic by me to get people to try to actually get their shit together.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I learned not to cross Blue Chair.

I was too insistent to send it one night when he wanted to sleep, and he got mad at me. =[

<3,
s.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

haha.. sorry about that wehitandrun... I was desperate for sleep at that point :D
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Blue,

Didn't mean to push each and every one of your buttons, there. My post was meant to be a friendly reminder that time's a wasting and that if people are going to contribute, they need to get it in gear. You've posted many such reminders on this very thread and have used much harsher words than I did. Come to think of it, I mostly used your words. If the "posted 1/19" bit seemed like a slam, well, I didn't mean it as one on you. More like a notice to people who are just now getting around to possibly considering contributing that the firm deadline should really have already passed and to get going. Sorry you took it so personally.

You shouldn't take things posted on the internet so seriously, or so I've heard. Something about being retarded, wasn't it Taz?

Honest to God (and that means something to me), I appreciate the heck out of all you've done to get this cd out there. I genuinely didn't mean it the way you took it.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Sorry for the misunderstanding noise...

Just know that we will see a finished product.. SOON! :D
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

It was probably my fault, so no harm.

That's good news (the cd being nearly done).

By the by, I should add that I'm glad the newbies are contributing, too. I'm looking forward very much to hearing what everyone has done.
--William Shakespeare
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Blue Chair. My stuff is ready but will not send from my email to you. I have put it on cd and can mail it to you, even overnight it, at a moments notice. I just need and address. Please pm one to me and it will be on the way.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Why not make it a 50th Birthday present for Elvis in August? Katie should be able to sort delivery out.

There should be absolutely no excuses!

Sorry if I've thrown in a little time bomb. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Not August. That's far too long. Make it a St. Patrick's Day present.
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

An April Fools Day gift! I'm sure he'll understand the irony.
Last edited by wehitandrun on Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

wehitandrun wrote:An April Fools Day gift! I'm sure he'll understand the irony.

<3,
s.
I like it. :lol:
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Is it too late for me to do an acapella Battered Old Bird (including knee slap accompaniment), or should that go on the next one?
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

bambooneedle wrote:Is it too late for me to do an acapella Battered Old Bird (including knee slap accompaniment), or should that go on the next one?

that would be awesome. blue chair told me that mine is the only one that isnt 'note for note' with the original. i think you should really do it.
Last edited by wehitandrun on Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Thanks for the support wehitandrun, but I was just kidding...

Maybe next time... I'd need a couple of weeks to psych up.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

...but who knows...
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Hey bamboo...I joked about doing a Tom Waits version of Boy With a Problem...maybe we should start our own cd.. :)
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Blue, if I did Honey Hush would that be unincludeable? I know it is covered by 6,000 artists, but I was hoping it would fall in.

If there is more time, I really want to do a different one over "Riot Act"(for obvious reasons :roll:) This one I can 'master' for better volume/sound.

I'll just start it, and if I take too long than "Riot Act" will have to do.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

lol

The only delay at this point has been getting in touch with sulky. Has anybody heard from her recently?

So if you can throw it together in the time between now and when sulky comes back from the dead, then go for it!
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Thanks a lot. Is "High Fidelity" taken? I'm thinking of recreating the original live version.