Cait joins the Tetras , April 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
robertchao

Cait joins the Tetras , April 2023

Post by robertchao »

What's going to happen to Cait now that Elvis has married Diana Krall? Maybe she'll shoot her dog, and she once sang. She looks so cute in the photo in the new EC book.

Can you recommend any Krall albums?
alexv

Post by alexv »

Try "Live in Paris". It swings. The only other one I can stand is the one where she does Nat King Cole tunes.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Can you recommend any Krall albums?
No thanks
What's going to happen to Cait now that Elvis has married Diana Krall? Maybe she'll shoot her dog, and she once sang. She looks so cute in the photo in the new EC book.
Cait plays with the Radiators and will be touring with the Pogues again this Christmas.
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

so lacklustre wrote:Cait plays with the Radiators and will be touring with the Pogues again this Christmas.
I don't think she is So Lack.

I saw a flyer (I'm sure it was on this board) with the line up and she wasn't in it. Unless she's grown a beard.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:Cait plays with the Radiators and will be touring with the Pogues again this Christmas.
I don't think she is So Lack.

I saw a flyer (I'm sure it was on this board) with the line up and she wasn't in it. Unless she's grown a beard.
Following EC's footsteps?
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Sun, 16 Oct 2005

http://www.theradiators.tv/

Hi All,
It is with regret we announce Cait O'Riordans' departure from the
Radiators Plan 9. We wish her every success in her future career.
We will be auditioning for a replacement in the near future and will
keep you informed.
The Rads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that the latest print ads. for the upcoming Pogues reunion shows list Darryl Hunt and not Cait , so she seems to have stopped all musical activities. Needless to say I wish her all the best. She has a great singing voice so hopefully we will hear , eventually , more of that in some some context .
J.F.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

' You will see that some very famous names are missing completely. There is nothing at all by Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Michael Jackson, or Sting. You may love them. They just don't do it for me.'

- Elvis Costello

Elvis picks the 500 Greatest Albums Ever
Vanity Fair, 2000-11-01

Rather interesting reading considering who I saw at a Robert Plant gig here in Dublin this evening - yes , I had another encounter of the Cait O'Riordan kind. First I turn around from the upstairs bar in the venue , pint in hand , and nearly bump into her and some blokes. All smiley , looking great, all in black , hair very layered and down past her shoulders. I moved on , eventually taking my tenth row seat in the packed upper circle of the venue.

Just before lights down , I look down the row - and there ten seats along from me are Cait and co. . I know Dublin is small but , fuck me , this is getting ridiculous. As the show ensued it was clear that 'Zeppelin certainly 'did it' for Cait. Anytime I looked (c'mon I had too!) she was mouthing along with the 'Zep songs , shaking her hair all over the place. And so it went for the, just short of, two hour show.

Seeing Cait in the Olympia is also of note considering Elvis' history with the venue. After some classic shows there in the 1980's he was 'banned' from there , a story he told on stage , right up to his last Dublin show in 2002. He never said anymore than that it ' involved drink'. The various stories I've heard have clearly got better with the telling. In essence the main culprit was , allegedly , Cait and Elvis has been party to the 'ban' because he, basically , stood by here .

Plant's show was fun ,once you adjusted to his competent backing musicians doing adequate versions of the 'Zep classics. The mostly older audience ( some , perhaps , may have been at that night in Belfast in March 1971 when Stairway To Heaven got it's live debut) were ecstatic when the 'Zep songs were played. His more recent stuff was tolerated , with people fiddling with there mobile phones/ going for a wee / getting drinks. The finale of Whole Lotta Love had everyone up out of there seats and all left happy.

By the way Cait , if you're reading this , I'll be at the Martha Wainwright gig in Dublin next Monday , just in case you were thinking of going. Seeya there!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I saw RP at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh in October and, to be frank, was dissapointed. The new album of his is quite good, by no means earth shattering, but good nonetheless (considering some of the stuff he's done solo). The band were great when they did those songs...but I didn't want to hear Led Zep songs - and I love Led Zeppelin.
It's the age-old tradeoff between crowd pleasers and current CD...in this case, the majority of his set was LZ songs. Thank f**k he didn't do Stairway otherwise I would have walked out...
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

johnfoyle wrote:By the way Cait , if you're reading this, I'll be at the Martha Wainwright gig in Dublin next Monday, just in case you were thinking of going. Seeya there!
That's a date, then. You're gonna love her live, John. She's something else. Verena revealed that she had wisely followed my counsel and seen her in Paris, and was impressed, though clearly not as much as I was in Cambridge, but it was a sheer joy to hear such a good singer. Look forward to your assessment. Hope Cait enjoys her too.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

No sign of Cait at Martha's excellent show tonight , unless she was in the seated area upstairs .

See my rave about this show here -

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... 5982#75982
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Cait and Shane , Dublin. Feb.2 '06

http://www.utvlive.com/newsroom/indepth ... =9898&pt=e

FRIDAY 03/02/2006 08:19:48

( extract)

U2 scoop three Irish music awards

U2 stole the show at last night's Meteor Ireland Music Awards as the rock band swaggered away with three awards at their home town event.

The Pogues, famed for controversial frontman Shane McGowan`s antics, were presented with the Lifetime Achievement award.

The band, who were first formed in 1982 by McGowan who is famous for his rotten teeth and hard drinking, went on to close the show with special guests The Dubliners with a rendition of `Irish Rover`.

On his way into the event, McGowan strolled up the red carpet shouting "Irish Constitution", before posing with The Pogues for some pictures.

"It is nice to be legend when you are still alive," he said. "A lifetime achievement award is not part of any job really."
Otis Westinghouse

Cait looks nice there, like my sister-in-law without the peroxide.

Shane is a nutjob.

Good idea to hold these awards on the 124th anniversary of the birth of Ireland's most noble son.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Cait looks nice there, like my sister-in-law without the peroxide.

Shane is a nutjob.

Good idea to hold these awards on the 124th anniversary of the birth of Ireland's most noble son.
I was in Tower on Wicklow St a few weeks ago, shortly before closing. Up in the folk section, of course, was Shane clutching the edge of the shelving while trying to focus in on the credits of a cd. The look on the face of the shop assistant said it was going to be a while before they managed to clearing him out. He looked like death warmed over, dreadful dyed brown hair with the roots showing. A character alright, truly amazing he's still around.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

FAO Bruce Thomas !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://peteholidai.proboards28.com/inde ... 1139419609

Feb. 8th '06

We are holding auditions for a new bass guitarist on Saturday 18th February 2006 in the Temple Bar Music Centre Rehearsal rooms.
If you or someone you know wishes to apply contact

peteholidai@theradiators.tv

ASAP
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

martinfoyle wrote:I was in Tower on Wicklow St a few weeks ago, shortly before closing. Up in the folk section, of course, was Shane clutching the edge of the shelving while trying to focus in on the credits of a cd. The look on the face of the shop assistant said it was going to be a while before they managed to clearing him out. He looked like death warmed over, dreadful dyed brown hair with the roots showing. A character alright, truly amazing he's still around.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon in London back in April 1999, and had a few pints at Filthy McNasty's in Islington one Monday midday. Shane was there, working his way through a bottle of chardonnay, barely focusing, trying to eat a sandwich, scribbling occasionally on a piece of paper while one of the Popes hovered nearby. I'd've guessed he was junk-sick, but his hair looked pretty clean. "Is this the beginning or the end of his weekend?" I asked the barman. "About the middle," he replied.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles ... survivors/

( extract)

The trio soon shortened its name to the Pogues and developed into a full band, with the addition of Finer, Ranken, Chevron, and bassist Cait O'Riordan -- who left the band after three years to marry Costello. (The couple divorced in 2002.) Hunt replaced her, and Woods was soon added to the lineup.

In a bizarre twist that threatens to derail MacGowan's tenuous grasp of functionality at the awards show, O'Riordan is waiting when the band arrives at the Point Theatre. She had joined the Pogues for their Christmas 2004 shows and was not, for personal reasons no one is eager to detail, invited back. As the cameras flash, she saunters down the red carpet with her former bandmates, enters the building, and pleads with them to let her appear onstage during the grand finale of the Meteor Awards.

Nearly an hour of tense, closed-door discussion with various configurations of band members and management follows. O'Riordan doesn't join the band for its show-closing, show-stopping performance of ''The Irish Rover," but three members of the Dubliners do. MacGowan is a brilliant mess, tumbler of booze sloshing everywhere, butting heads with the microphone and, amazingly, nailing every quicksilver verse. During his presentation of the award, musician Gavin Friday, another maverick Irishman, calls MacGowan a beautiful soul and a rebel, a writer of songs that will outlive everyone in the theater.
Otis Westinghouse

So what were the reasons for her not being invited back? Massive fallout with Shane? Did he never forgive for going off with the less than cherished Costello?
bobster

Post by bobster »

In one way or another, I'm guessing that this too may have "involved drink."
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Cait O'Riordan was a panelist on John Kelly arts review show last
night -

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theview/index.html#this_week

The show is available for viewing via the above link. Cait comments - very fluently - on a play ,a book , a film and a exhibition of print-making . The book review - 'The Light of Evening' by Edna O'Brien - has Cait making the rather telling comment 'Mothers just mean (pause)nothing to me' ( 5 minutes into extract).

Ouch!

see also

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=3098
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.myspace.com/prenuprock

' What happens when members of two of the greatest
bands in Irish rock history get together? Something
incredible… Back from their lengthy US tour, Fiachna O
Braonain and Dave Clarke of the Hothouse Flowers met
up with Cait O Riordan of the Pogues, and the result
is.. Prenup. The first session happened by accident,
jamming together at a party in a castle in the
foothills of Ireland’s spectacular Wicklow Mountains,
it was one of those legendary moments in music that
happen by chance, and that no one present will ever
forget. Classy guitar, insistent bass and drums,
gritty vocals and songs written by rockers who know
what they’re doing… "talkin’ about a foolish love",
Prenup started recording. Making noise in a disused
office block in Dublin’s famous Temple Bar, followed
by two days at Elektra Studios, Prenup laid down their
first tracks, guerrilla-style, then got on the road.
Gigging in the wild West of Ireland, Prenup rocked the
house wherever they went and are now back in the
studio to put the finishing touches to their debut
album "Hell to Pay". It’s due for release in 2007 and
those in the know can’t wait…'
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

From a Hothouse Flowers forum-

Message from Prenup (December 9th):

Hi there! Just a note to all of you that we are making a slight change to our myspace page.. basically we are opening another profile with a different URL which is http://www.myspace.com/prenupmusic and shutting down the previous space! (http://www.myspace.com/prenuprock)

We'd like to invite you all to join us as friends again.. we couldn't change the old URL once it was set up so this is the way forward!!

We'll keep the "prenuprock" URL going for a few days but we'll be shutting it down only to open in an identical way with the new URL! In fact its already there.. check it out! Come on over!..

And.. thanks a million for all the friends requests and comments.. its great to be here!

Looking forward to a great 2007.. and may all of you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year!

xxx
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The Christmas edition of Irish Tv guide The RTE Guide tells us -

' Celebrity Jigs'n Reels is back on our screens for a special New Year's Eve dance-off. Seven celebrity contestants - GAA star Oisin McConville , Celia Holman Lee, Fair City's Hilda Fay , comedian Gary Cooke , The Pogues singer Cait O'Riordan , The Afternoon Show's Trevor Keegan and Q102 DJ and Big Brother runner-up Ray Shah will battle it out on the dancefloor for the coveted prize'

The site for the show's hugely successful series earlier this year will give you an idea what it involves -

http://www.rte.ie/tv/jigsnreels/about.html

This show was/ will be widely promoted so this could beone of Cait's more high profile outings in a while.
verbal gymnastics

Celebrity and Big Brother Runner Up hardly belong in the same sentence. :roll:
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

God, I still feel for Cait, y'know. Must be a bit of a stinger for her, Elvis having babies with Diana when he never gave her any.

Hope she's found a fella and settled down - someone who can give her a family and lotsa love.

Still, I guess the trickle of royalties from the EC 'Best of' album might be some recompense - though I notice the Warhol style one doesn't seem to be on the shelves any more, so none of her songs would be on the older best of. Gah!
verbal gymnastics

The next reissues of albums will probably delete all songs written by, with or about Cait.

Talking of Prenup, I wonder if Cait had one.