EC in London - October 11th

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

EC in London - October 11th

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Is Elvis mocking us?

Has anyone noticed that Saturday October 11th is the date of the Turkey v England "Potentially explosive" (copyright of the tabloids) Euro 2004 game? Anyone know what time the England game kicks off? PLEASE be an afternoon kick off although it's bound to be an evening one...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Looks like geeky "soccer" fans all over England will have to make a very tough choice...I can just see them scratching their balding heads now.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hey Cope - im not bald! I like to think im not geeky either ...but I dunno....maybe.....! :lol:

VERBAL G: Do what im gonna do if it is an evening kick off - tape it and watch it when you get home without seeing the results! I predict 2-0 to England! Oh roll on 2004 I love it!! Last time I decorated the entire front of the house with bunting and stuff much to my teenage sons embarassment! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Of course he's mocking you -- he's a ROI supporter. I couldn't give a toss about England's games to be honest.

ROI v Australia is coming up. Should be a good 'un.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

POP Bunny - Do pay attention, it was last night RoI won 2 - 1

The England game will probably be afternoon as it is a Saturday.

Cope - did you see that EC is playing Denmark?
signed with love and vicious kisses
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

so lacklustre wrote:POP Bunny - Do pay attention, it was last night RoI won 2 - 1
Oh yea, so they did. Is this the same Australian team that beat England 3-1? But what a great goal Lampard scored tonight against Croatia.

Dread to think how Scotland got on.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

MR: LACKLUSTRE!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!! I'll get on that! weeeeeeeiiii thank you.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

GILLIE ! Sorry...I just hate sports..! :lol: :lol: except for indoor huntin' and fishin'
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Lackey Lusty....I could not find any news of Elvis playing in Copenhagen, just a listing for a tentative appearance at the Skanderborg Festival in Denmark...but that's over! So no ELvis for me!!!!! boo hoo
verbal gymnastics

Gilli - "tape it and watch it when you get home without seeing the results!" - what do you reckon the chances of THAT are?!!!!! Anyway EC'll probably make some reference to it. I remember seeing him at the Royal Albert Hall and he went off stage every now and then on the pretext of changing his guitar but coming back and telling us the updated score of a Liverpool game.

SoLacklustre - "The England game will probably be afternoon as it is a Saturday. " - not necessarily. The final games of the group always kick off at the same time but I reckon it could be an evening job.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Copey baby - Ringsted, Denmark 01/11/2003, see the tour dates at the bottom of this page

http://www.elviscostello.info/
signed with love and vicious kisses
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Lakey Lusty I love you man!!! AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN ME:...you can crash at my place.....no strings attached.......but no creeps!
verbal gymnastics

Copey and So Lacklustre - get a room you guys!
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

I saw Elvis during his 1989 solo tour at Glasgow Pavilion, when he was supported by Nick Lowe. This was the night that Liverpool had to avoid defeat to Arsenal at Anfield to win the League. Normally these games are on satellite subscription-only TV, but in those days it was on regular BBC1.

As a Liverpool fan, it must have been agonising for Elvis to be unaware of what was going on down at Liverpool, although we couldn't tell if he was getting signals from the crew as to the progress of the game. To his credit, his performance was as stunning as usual and he only made passing reference to the game during the encore.

(Liverpool lost two late goals to give the title to Arsenal.)
Four eyes - one vision
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Copey and So Lacklustre - get a room you guys!
Don't get all agro and envious Verbal!!! there's plenty of Lakey Lusty to go around!!!!
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Ahhh VG that would of been the RFH gig where the Brodskys played for the first part of the set then the screen removed for a crackin second half. We had a blast of a day in London went to a few of the old Soho haunts for vinyl shops which were actually a dissapointment then back to a sports bar at Waterloo for the Football then on to the gig drunk as usual. I remember the R.A.H. gig as well for the Football updates.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I remember it for Clint Eastwood. And also Jo Brand and Mark Lamarr.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

littletriggers wrote:Ahhh VG that would of been the RFH gig where the Brodskys played for the first part of the set then the screen removed for a crackin second half. We had a blast of a day in London went to a few of the old Soho haunts for vinyl shops which were actually a dissapointment then back to a sports bar at Waterloo for the Football then on to the gig drunk as usual. I remember the R.A.H. gig as well for the Football updates.
This was the show which was Elvis and Steve with the unsurprising special guests of The Brodsky Quartet. It was also the show when afterwards Steve put me and Sulky Lad on his guest list for the Bournemouth show the following week which got postponed :cry:

I'm sure I must have reviewed it here somewhere but having been off for a few days there's too many things to look at right now (and PMs to answer!).
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Ah yes where the limo for Mr Eastwood had a flat tyre which was kicked a few times by a gorilla in a suit and VG said (not once but twice, note)
Pump it Up !!
"And it feels like a punishment but I don't know what for"
He got a black eye from a waitress, she’s not seeing any stars
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

...(and PMs to answer!).
Don't tell us, let us guess - 25 year old girls wanting to take you clubbing.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
verbal gymnastics

sulky lad wrote:Ah yes where the limo for Mr Eastwood had a flat tyre which was kicked a few times by a gorilla in a suit and VG said (not once but twice, note) Pump it Up !!
I did not say it twice! You're only saying that because you're jealous that such spontaneous wit did not come from yourself :lol:
Mike Boom wrote:
...(and PMs to answer!).
Don't tell us, let us guess - 25 year old girls wanting to take you clubbing.
Wrong. But carry on guessing. :lol: By the way, PMs does not mean Prime Ministers.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Now all the people who know VG will smile because they are assured he won't let a good pun (or a bad one) pass without hammering home the point. At least he didn't whistle any Sergio Leone tunes (I bet I've spelt that wrong) when Mr Eastwood came out.
And just to whet your appetite, guess who wound Elvis up twice at Hammersmith in 2005 ? :roll: