Rock Werchter

Pretty self-explanatory
frank

Rock Werchter

Post by frank »

Elvis is playing at rock werchter tonight, one of Europe’s biggest festivals. There’s an interesting site http://www.rockwerchter.be (also in English) with interviews and live fragments etc. Elvis is playing at 10.00 PM (european time). So there’s a possibility we can see him perform live.
frank

Post by frank »

Elvis live in 15 min. on http://www.rockwerchter.be. Don't say I didn't noticed you all !!!
anjabro

Post by anjabro »

I've been checking it for a couple of hours, and all I've seen is 'No Concert at the moment...please come back later'
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

There'll probably be discussion about the show here.
Photos can be foundhere, in the REPORT section. Click on Day 2, EC is in the list of acts. Once you click on his name you should be brought to a set of photos.
anjabro

Post by anjabro »

I actually did catch the end of it...Alison,Hurry down doomsday and I want you...Very good quality stream, excellent production (camera-wise) and The Professor was going MENTAL on the theremin...maybe there were some Kraftwerk fans down the front getting rowdy or something...soothe them with electronic sounds..Only wish I'd caught the whole thing..
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

A review of this show can be seen here:

http://194.7.45.68/nl/report.php?id=64965

Elvis Costello: Een dynamietstaaf in het achterste

Bij aanvang leek het even alsof iemand van de platenfirma een dynamietstaaf in het achterste van Elvis Costello geplant had. Hij vloog er aan een ongelooflijke snelheid in. Zelfs een doorgewinterde entertainer als Costello heeft blijkbaar schrik om voor de jonge leeuwen geworpen te worden.Toen het publiek enthousiast reageerde, nam hij wat gas terug en kwam het goed. Meer dan goed.

Sinds Costello in het huwelijksbootje stapte (met jazz-zangeres Diana Krall) was hij bijna onafgebroken op tournee. Zijn begeleidingsband The Imposters doen allesbehalve alsof en voelen Big El ondertussen feilloos aan. Costello zat vanavond op een gitaartrip en soleerde alsof Jerry Garcia zelve in de frontstage stond te kijken.

Costello bracht een handvol verschroeiende uptempo klassiekers (I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea, Oliver's Army en Pump it up), diep in de ziel snijdende ballades (Good Year For The Roses en I want you) en een aantal sterke recente nummers (Country Darkness en Monkey to Man). De oude vos heeft nog niets van zijn kracht verloren. Of hij nu solo of met groep op (T)W komt spelen, maakt in wezen niets uit. Geef de man een podium en hij krijgt de weide nog steeds aan zijn voeten: Respect!

Translation:

A dynamite bar in the back

At the start it seemed even as if a someone of the recordcompany had planted a dynamite bar in the back of Elvis Costello. He started at an incredible speed. Even an experienced entertainer such as Costello has apparently fright before for the young lions. When the public reacted enthusiastically, he slowed down and it went well. More than well.

Since Costello married jazz singer Diana Krall, he is almost continuous on tour. His band The Imposters knows blindly what he wants. Costello was on a guitar trip and performed solo's as if Jerry Garcia stood looking in the frontstage.

Costello brought uptempo classics (I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea, Oliver's Army and Pump It Up), brought deeply in the soul cutting ballads (Good Year For The Roses and I Want You) and a number of strong recent numbers (Country Darkness and Monkey To Man). The old fox has lost still nothing of its strength. If he plays solo or with group on Werchter determines really nothing at all. Give the man a podium and he gets the public at his feet: Respect! (Thanks to Altavista translations)

Officiële setlist:(this was written out before the show)
Lipstick Vogue
Uncomplicated
Clownstirke
45/Radio Radio
Country Darkness
Bedlam/Monkey To Man
Needle Time
Chelsea
Clubland
Roses/The Delivery Man
P.L.U.
Oliver's Army
P.I.U. / The Scarlet Tide
Hurry Down Doomsday
Button My Lip
I Want You
Echte Setlist:
De echte setlist wijkt af van datgene wat hierboven vermeld staat. Zo bevatte de bisronde een schitterende Alison die overging in Suspicious Mind.

Elvis lives in all of us, blijkbaar ook in Costello!

Setlist:(this was really played)

01. Uncomplicated
02. Clownstrike
03. Radio Radio
04. Country Darkness
05. Monkey to man
06. Needle time (fast and slow)
07. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
08. Clubland/ I Feel Pretty (?)
09. Good Year For The Roses
10. (What's So Funny About) PLU
11. Oliver's Army
12. Pump It Up
-------
13. Alison/Suspicious Minds
14. Hurry Down Doomsday
15. I Want You
Last edited by sweetest punch on Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
frank

Post by frank »

Here's a link with coverage on the national TV an radio: http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_mast ... index.html.

The video was broadcast on the national news (evening journal). The audio was on the national radio: studio Brussel.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This great photo is at the above link -

© Goformusic 2005 - Thomas Dhanens
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

That is a great* picture. Elvis in rare open public stance, yet when I blur my eyes there's something Peter Pan-ishly ironic about it.

*Refer to the OS definition if need be. :wink: