johnfoyle

Elvis playing London , October 11th

Post by johnfoyle »

At The Royal Festival Hall

here`s a `net link for booking

https://www.rfh.org.uk/main/booking/ind ... vent=22053
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Oh jeez, I just made the mistake of internetting a bit and realising I could get there and back and to the gig for about 110 youros, including sundries say that's 150yoyos. I promised myself no more holidays till 2004. Oh dear. And I'm on call that weekend, but it's swappable...

Mulling it over

(and there's no Dublin date yet...)

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

And as luck would have it I'll still be in The States. Boooo!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Just booked my tickets!! *Happy happy dancing* :D :D :D :D :D :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

I may be in London again around that date but it's not certain enough for me to book tickets. God, I'd LOVE to see him at TRFH. I'm still holding out for a Liverpool date (Philharmonic Hall please Elvis!). If he does play the 'Pool and there's sufficient time between the two dates then I'll be looking to go to both. But then again it'd be good to see him at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester (superb venue, Steve Earle was fantastic). Agghhh!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Gillibeanz wrote:Just booked my tickets!! *Happy happy dancing* :D :D :D :D :D :D
Typically I was out of the office yesterday so I missed this. But I came in today and was on the webbernet first thing. I too have booked tickets. And it's a Saturday night!

What row are you in Gillibeanz?

Anyone else going?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

We are in the the front Terrace row AA seats 11 & 12. Where are you?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I'm in Row I (i, not one!), in the middle, in the stalls. Couldn't resist going for the best I could (and managed to get one normally reserved for members). Totally thrilled. New LPs by EC and DB in Sept, then gigs by each in successive months. It's going to be a memorable autumn. Am really pleased it's just EC & SN having failed to see the duo before, or get the boxed set! Reckon there'll be lots of North played at it. Hope to meet anyone who's going there, I'll be the one looking like an older version of myself + a goatee.

PorP: brilliant to see you dying to see him in Manchester! Hope you can make it to London!

Anyone into support act Eliza Carthy?
jillbeast

Eliza Carthy

Post by jillbeast »

Eliza Carthy is brilliant!! We saw her at UCLA during the Harry Smith Project. She was one of the best things going there. She's young and very talented. She has an awesome stage presence too! I'm not familiar with her other than those two evenings, but she should be wonderful. I'm hoping for some miracle to allow me to go to both the UK shows and the one in Spain...we'll see!!

Jill
Otis Westinghouse

Hi Jillbeast! Nice to see you here. Brilliant to see the Eliza C (another EC!) recommendation. UK and Spain? Wow, a cool thing to do. Where is he playing in Spain, I wonder?
verbal gymnastics

Gillibeanz wrote:We are in the the front Terrace row AA seats 11 & 12. Where are you?
We're in the stalls row F.

Otic - EC is playing with Steve at the Palacio de Congresos in Granada on 30th October. Here's a link:

http://www.ticktackticket.com/ttt/minte ... e.ttt_home
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

90% certain I'll be in London. Better be quick tho, the stalls are selling fast. Who's getting the first round in (oj for Gilli)?

Otis - the BH is the only good thing about the place! At least I should be able to get to that one if I can't make the Festival Hall. Still waiting for a Phil Hall date here, though!

Hasn't Eliza Carthy supported Elvis before? She's a cool folk chick.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Bollocks, I've been offline for a few days and missed getting in early, bollocks bollocks bollocks. Have booked tickets but they are back in row R of the stalls.
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

so lacklustre wrote:Bollocks, I've been offline for a few days and missed getting in early, bollocks bollocks bollocks. Have booked tickets but they are back in row R of the stalls.
You'll still have a cool view though.

Will we be seeing a Fight for Steve for the main Attraction...?
Otis Westinghouse

The Plaything will, if she makes it!

How I would love to be loaded and head off to Granada and see Elv. One of my favourite cities. A night in tha parador (next to the Alhambra, awesome), Elvis and a good dinner...

No-one else in row i then?