LET'S PREPARE FOR THE TASTE

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

That was SO awesome when he played LESS THAN ZERO! Everyone in the crowd was singing!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Would have loved to meet you guys.

Hopefully we'll have another Elvis show to meet at in the not-to-distant future.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

She, as in Laura. Any relation of Geoff? The person who supplied the title of the piece knows their Elvis!

Sounds like a wild day out. Am happy for you, despite al the rain, but somehow heartbroken that you could see Blue but not get his attention. And I take it you didn't meet LTZ.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I have to admit, I think I saw Blue, but I was too shy to say, hey it's me...from the internet... :D

Nobody's posted a setlist....I'll try to remember as many songs as I can...not necissarily their order...and there's no way i spelled necisarrily right.

I Hope You're Happy Now
Everyday I write the book!
I don't wanna go to chelsea
Less Than Zero!
Uncomplicated
Clown Strike
I can't stand up for falling down
Beyond Belief
Everybody's Crying Mercy
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror/You've Really Got a Hold of me
Pump it up
Alison/tracks of my tears/tears of a clown/Suspicious Minds
Tear off your own head (it's a doll revolution)
Clubland
Dust
RADIO, RADIO
(what's so funny bout) peace love and understanding (for the dixie chicks)

*btw, everyone sang along throughout the Alison medley (like they owned copies of live bootlegs or something :twisted: ) , and he brushed back his hair in surprise/honor...i LOVE it!

and that version of Pump it Up certainly wasn't as good as last year's when everybody was jumping up and down and the floor was shaking beneath us! woo-hoo! that was sweet.

Did I forget any?

Weren't we LUCKY? He seemed like he was in a GREAT mood too. He didn't talk much at all between songs, but that's b/c it was an outdoor festival...his words would've floated up into the air and been barely audible...I love it when he walks out to the front of the stage...like he's preening with his guitar. He was great.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

LTZ, was that you who kept exchanging awkward glances with me?
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I don't think so....from the 2 or 3 times I looked to see if you had a WIWC t-shirt, it looked like you were wearing sunglasses...I think I was wearing a red shirt with a white collar and khaki shorts.

How close did you sit Blue? I was kind of in the middle of the chairs I think. We stood in line for probably around 2-3 hours. Man, my face got sunburned...
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, I was wearing sunglasses.

I also got totally sunburnt... we were standing for several hours, and managed to sit in 12th row just over to the side.

By the way, I took lots of pictures (although most look the same)... once I get them developed I'll try posting a few.
lipstickvogue

row 5

Post by lipstickvogue »

hi... I thought I'd pop back onto the board and see if any of you made it to Chicago. Now that I have found the new board (I was spookytart previously) I am sooo pleased to read that others of you made it too! Wasn't he just amazing? I drove for four+ hours to get there and it was sooo worth it! As late as I showed up I thought for sure I'd be in the lawn but after the rain enough people left that they let a few more of us from the lawn in. Afterwhich I snuck past the white plastic ropes and cuddled up to a nice couple who had a small child; I think secrurity thought I was in the child's seat. I have no shame and would do it all again to be in that glorious fifth row seat(!!!) The only sad note would be that I took seriously the sign that said "no cameras" and had my friend take mine back to the car with his. Can you imagine my frustration when everyone started walking up to the front and snapping photos?!? If anyone has photos that they would share with me I would REALLY appreciate it!!! What was everyone's favorite song? I must say I was charmed to see EC's smirk when he started into Suspicious Minds...adorable! Radio Radio was terrific too. Hope I posted this in the correct manner/place; I am much more a reader than a poster usually as the lot of you seem to have a wealth of information I can't begin to add to. (I just couldn't resist connecting with anyone else who might have been lucky enough to experience the taste last Sunday.) And, for those of you not able to make it I can add that just after the show my friend and I got caught in the Chicago monsoon - rain like I've not ever been out in before that lasted for almost a half an hour. People were selling garbage bags for $10 to those of us huddled under the trees as rain jackets...the car was a 20 minute walk away and couldn't have imagined how bad the rain would be....at least it held off until EC left the stage. Also, thanks for the post with the set list - seems complete to me...I was sooo involved that I hadn't thought to jot anything down and after I was so elated to have gotten so clo I couldn't get my head straight and try to remember the set...so, thanks!
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

yeah LV, that smirk was great.

It was indeed a wonderful day.

But that walk back to the hotel was definitely WET! :D

We ate at a pizza place called Edwardo's before we left town.
It was SOOO good.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

My favorite was "Everybody's Crying Mercy" (though I also really liked Dust 2), expecially the way he sang the line "everybody's crying peace on earth, just as soon as this war is won" . . .

wonderful 8)
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

The way he ripped into Radio Radio made me feel like it was 1978 all over again.

Except when I looked over at Pip and she wasn't wearing diapers, I knew it couldn't have been! :D
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Strike that last comment, Pip, if I remember right, you weren't even born yet!!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

almost . . . but no, not quite :wink: