Live "Basement Kiss"

Pretty self-explanatory
HungupStrungup

Live "Basement Kiss"

Post by HungupStrungup »

The CDEP "The Other End of the Telescope" contains a live version of "Basement Kiss," which the sleeve credits as being from Elvis Costello & the Attractions Live in Dublin. Does anyone have further information about this item, such as does it exist?
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

It doesn`t exist , is the short answer. That is if you interpret ` Elvis Costello and The Attractions Live In Dublin ` as being a title of an actual album , or something like that. It is accurate in describing the source of the recording - it`s from the final concert of the 1994 Brutal Youth tour , in The Point , Dublin , Dec. 1st.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

John's right, of course. But I remember I had the same thought when I first saw the credits on the single. The way it's phrased it definately sounds like it's part of an upcoming release-- especially after Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve: Live at the Fillmore *did* eventually see the light (from which, the live tracks on the "Little Atoms" single were drawn). I wonder if the Dublin show was ever considered for some kind of official release?

Although he jumbles up a couple lyrics, this really is a superb rendition. When and if Rhino gets around to issuing the Wendy James demos, I hope they add this performance as an additional "bonus track".