What in the fresh hell...?

Pretty self-explanatory
SoLikeCandy

What in the fresh hell...?

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I've been gone for a long while (college and illness), and decided to check on the board. Board? What board?

What happened over there? It looks like Narb has gone AWOL again...has anyone heard from him? I'm awfully glad to have a place to go in case the other board disappears, but does anyone know if things are kosher with Narbawlz and Co.? Keep me posted...

By the way--I found out from my boyfriend that Sting is releasing his new studio album on the same day as EC. Jerk...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Hey SLC...it's true, about a week ago something happened with the other board and killed everybody's ID's. Some people had difficulty getting back in even by creating new ID's. With nobody able to contact Narb and the board's date all screwy it had been discussed to setup a new board.

And what the hell is Sting thinking... :)

Hope you're feeling better now!!!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
tux

Post by tux »

sting? yeah, I got stung by several mosquitos this weekend.. :)
~tux.

For all your IT needs check us out.
Open Source Managed Networks
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Typical of Sting. He must think since he got into the Hall the same night as Elvis. . . . . :?

Post by Guest »

Hello there SLC. Nice to see you around. hope the illness is history. bit worried about Narb. Last we heard he had mould on his insides or something alarming.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

A big thanks for getting this forum back on track, lets hope it stays this way.

Post by Guest »

I've read most of the history (is it okay to call it that?) regarding Narbie's illness on the other board. Poor thing must have been terrified...let's all hope and pray (if you're into that sort of thing) that he's on a long vacation, or in jail for something minor, or kidnapped by sex crazed runway models or something.

As for me, I think it was the announcement of EC planning to marry Diana Krall that gave me the debilitating migraines I've been having. :roll: They started right around mid-terms, and have accompanied me ever since. Although I'm on three different meds at the moment, I still managed a 3.6 GPA this semester, and I'm up for a fellowship spot in the English dept next semester! Must have been the drugs...

And--seeing as how this is the section where we're supposed to be talking about EC--does anyone happen to know what's going to be done with Costello's official website? It's been a ghost town for months now. Since his new album will be released on Deutsche Grammophon, and not Island, are they waiting for something more from him to release on the Island label...?
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Umm...that was me up there, by the way...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
tokyo vogue

Post by tokyo vogue »

i was one of those people who couldn't get back on, despite re-registering. and oh, how i re-registered. there's about 5 variations of my name on that site. bleh.

a retarded monkey could do more with elvis's official site than is being done right now. c'mon, how hard is it to type a paragraph about the tour or album? or howabout just setting up a simple interim site with blogger or something? i require instant gratification, dammit. bend to my whims.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I said it before... Just put up a piece of guff going "blah blah buy this album" and then just link to JohnE's site for news and to one of the boards we moderate ourselves.

I still think weezer's website http://www.weezer.com is cool. Even if they're on a bit of a hiatus now.

DrJ