Still Reeling after Elvis Concert in Berkeley!

Pretty self-explanatory
Copenhagen Fan

Still Reeling after Elvis Concert in Berkeley!

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

As you all probably read earlier, I attended Elvis' concert in Berkeley a while back, and had a great time. I have to say it was one of the best events I have ever been to! I'm still totally up after seeing him, and hope he hits Copenhagen soon! It was a powerful show, and I was wacked out of my mind dancing around like a creepy cat (according to my girlfriend). I have always been a little shy about dancing in public,(except for Greatful Dead shows) but the show rocked and pushed me out over the edge so I could finally let go 100%. Thanks Elvis!

Here's the set list....maybe it will now be clear why one could not resist shaking the old bones and getting busy.

By the way, most of the fans really just sat there and watched emotionless. That kinda bummed me out actually, but to hell with 'em.

I Hope You're Happy Now
Lipstick Vogue
Beyond Belief
Radio Radio
Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)
Everyday I Write The Book
Everybody's Crying Mercy
Clubland
Clown Strike
My Dark Life
In The Darkest Place
Just About Glad
Pump It Up
Either Side Of The Same Town
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
Uncomplicated
All The Rage
Sweet Dreams
Indoor Fireworks
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror/You Really Got A Hold On Me

Encore 1
Watching The Detectives/Help Me
Honey Hush
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?/The Kids Are Alright

p.s. the reports of my demise are not true! Still here, just on a long vacation, but really don't have much to say these days.....
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

oh yeah. how could you possibly stay still!
Elvis opened with Hope Your Happy Now in Boston last fall, and it is a brilliant begining to a show as far as i am concerned. When i go to see a show, i am alway a bit nervous (like physical reaction nervous, not nervouse it won't be good)and in the throws of anticiapation, and then to have the band and everything quiet as Elvis twists out "He's a fine figure of a man and..."
for what comes next, i might as well be dead, because i don't think i could get any more ecstatic.
he really does shake me like i have no spine.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Cope, I'm so glad you had a good time. Screw the rest of the crowd and dance all you like. :) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Thanks Spooky...I felt like screwing the rest of the crowd, but there were not very many good looking women in attendance!
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
jillbeast

Elvis in Berkeley!

Post by jillbeast »

Hey Cope! I didn't know you were there! I was there (of course). Sorry we missed you! Where were you seated? I was in section G dancing as much as possible. It was an amazing show! Much better than Las Vegas, and Las Vegas was pretty fun! :D

Jill
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

hey Jilli

I was situated in the back row, right in front of the wall, in the center of the theater. I was the bald guy spinning around and dancing....I had leather pants on without a shirt. Wish I had met you!!!!!!!!! We had a good group of people there!
eric

Post by eric »

one of the the highlights of that show was the girl in the front row mouthing every word of every song, and then tripping over the platform to get to the railing
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

very very cool - I am going to try to visit that gallery!