What is your favourite EC album sleeve?

Pretty self-explanatory
Stripped Jack Naked

Post by Stripped Jack Naked »

This Years Model with all variations.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

tokyo vogue wrote:i recently bought the vinyl version of Spike and the cover scares me a little bit.
The cover of 'Spike' has always scared the crap out of me, too. I was so relieved when Gillibeanz changed her avatar.

I like 'Trust', and there's also something appealing about the 'Taking Liberties' cover--faded jeans, dark glasses, the hair thing, I don't know...
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

what about the other pics of EC w/ his made-up head stuck thru the WB shield, available on the re-issue in the booklet? EWWWWWW! very scary!!! items to frighten small children.

why do the british have such awful dental care???
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

The 'Spike' cover didn't scare me when I ripped an advert for it out of a magazine and stuck it up on my bedroom wall when I was 10!

My fave is TYM with the camera and all. I had the coolest hallway. A framed poster for the film 'Blow Up' hung opposite a framed poster of TYM. That was until a rather heated argument with my ex ended up with the TYM one being shoved out of a window. I'm still looking for a replacement.

Also love 'All This Useless Beauty'.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

PlaythingOrPet wrote: That was until a rather heated argument with my ex ended up with the TYM one being shoved out of a window. I'm still looking for a replacement.
Replacement boyfriend or poster?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Goody2Shoes wrote:PlaythingOrPet wrote:
That was until a rather heated argument with my ex ended up with the TYM one being shoved out of a window. I'm still looking for a replacement.

Replacement boyfriend or poster?
If both came along at the same time I'd take the poster first. But it must be framed, mind... :lol:
HolyCoatAndHat

Post by HolyCoatAndHat »

I have to go with Imperial Bedroom on this one. I would buy this album on the cover art even if I had never heard of Elvis Costello!
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

Without question KoA is one of my favorite actual covers but I too flip the booklets around a bit so that my cds feature different visuals regularly. I'm also quite fond of TYM; I have an analog clock in my bedroom with TYM on the face (my boyfriend just loves that!)

My favorite would have to be the black and white photo of himself in the 2001 Very Best of ... the pic with the tortoiseshell specks. It has become the cover (booket flipping again) and I rarely am able to put the cd back on the rack because I am so fond of occasionally seeing it here or there in my apartment. (Yeah, the boyfriend loves that too.) :D
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

What I want to know is what are you doing letting your boyfriend in your bedroom young lady! :) :)
signed with love and vicious kisses
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

If you carry on booklet flipping you'll knacker the whole thing.

Does your boyfriend love Elvis more than he loves you? :o
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

Altough he claims only a mild favor for EC, I did catch him reading my copy of Sheppard's Kill Your Idols paperback a few days ago. So, there is hope. :) And, of course, he only pops into my bedroom now and again to say 'hello' to my kitten. :twisted:
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

lipstickvogue wrote:And, of course, he only pops into my bedroom now and again to say 'hello' to my kitten.
That reminds me of a song I know... "Hello kitten, I don't miss sex, it's just the feeling of skin against skin that I want..." Oh, songs about masturbation, what an underappreciated sub-genre.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Pictures of Lily....made me feel so wonderful...

:)
absolutnut

Post by absolutnut »

This Year's Model, but not the US Version! Or maybe, POSSIBLY, King Of America. Nah, TYM.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Oh Trust!!!!!! ...easily!!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

I could've SWORN I'd finally posted here...

Does "Elvis Costello -- An Overview" (bonus disc w/ Ryko's KOA) count?

If not, toss up between "Trust: and "This Year's Model"...
:?
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."