Town Hall Show Cancelled?

Pretty self-explanatory
Pov

Town Hall Show Cancelled?

Post by Pov »

I've been checking every day to find when tickets for the September 22 and 23 shows at Town Hall (in NYC) would go on sale. Now the shows aren't listed on the web site anymore. :cry:

Maybe EC wants people to have a chance to listen to the new record before he starts touring, so that people don't buy tickets expecting more rock and roll.
HungupStrungup

what an event that would be!

Post by HungupStrungup »

I checked Ticketmaster and called the Town Hall box office. No word. *

To play Town Hall, he wouldn't have to be touring in any sense of the word. After all, he lives in NY these days, and there are plenty of musicians he could enlist to play the North material. Maybe it's a prior commitment of Steve's that has to be worked around, or maybe Diana has a conflict. Or perhaps it's because the album's been delayed a bit, since I'm sure he wants the audience to be familiar with the material.

Would Town Hall be a great venue for him or what? Intimate (maybe 1200 seats), acoustically perfect, comfortable (all reserved seating, and close). If he does play there, anyone close enough to NY to get there on the day should try to make it.

* But if you can make it, SAVE THIS DATE: 9/25.
Last edited by HungupStrungup on Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Say a prayer for me HungupStrungup, cause I'm close enough and I'm tryin' to get a ticket!
I'm not angry anymore....
Pov

Re: what an event that would be!

Post by Pov »

HungupStrungup wrote: Would Town Hall be a great venue for him or what? Intimate (maybe 1200 seats), acoustically perfect, comfortable (all reserved seating, and close). If he does play there, anyone close enough to NY to get there on the day should try to make it.
I've seen a number of shows at Town Hall from both orchestra and balcony.* It's a great venue, but I wouldn't call it "intimate." Up in the balcony, particularly, you feel like you are pretty far away. The Beacon is more intimate, IMHO.

* What you get is what you see [for those of you who get the reference, I just couldn't resist!]
HungupStrungup

Tix on sale Saturday 8/23/03

Post by HungupStrungup »

The tickets for "An Evening with Elvis Costello" at NYC's Town Hall (9/22 & 9/24) go on sale through Ticketbastard at 1 pm on 8/23.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

You can also avoid the service charges by going to Irving Plaza box office. If you see a girl on line with curly hair and (probably) a pick and blue dress on, say hi. If it's not me, maybe she'll be nice anyway.