7/22 Wallingford CT Oakdale Theatre
7/23 Boston Bank of America Pavillion
7/27 Chicago Ravinia
7/29 Dayton Fraze Pavillion
7/30 Columbus Promowest
7/31 Wolf Trap Wash DC
goodbyegirl

Post by goodbyegirl »

YES!!!! Elvis is coming to CT!!!! I was starting to feel left out. I was really looking forward to seeing him on this tour. Must start planning my ticket purchase for the best seats. Thanks for the great news!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Muggy, is that a Boston date I see?@?@?!!?!?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Hmm. I may have to check out that Wallingford show. Central Park SummerStage doesn't appeal to me at all.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Muggy, is that a Boston date I see?@?@?!!?!?
**rubs eyes**

It's a miracle!!! Yay!!
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

Fantastic!!! :D :D :D

Another New York show, and its not at the Beacon Theatre :D :D :D .

I just hope it doesn't rain again.
Why are we racing to be so old?
BrilliantMistake45

Post by BrilliantMistake45 »

Anybody know if he will be with the Imposters too?
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

~Elvis Costello
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

Yes.

All dates with The Imposters & Emmylou Harris
Why are we racing to be so old?
BrilliantMistake45

Post by BrilliantMistake45 »

elvicos01 wrote:Yes.

All dates with The Imposters & Emmylou Harris
All right! :D
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

~Elvis Costello
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

How do we know it's with the Imposters?
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Anyone have any ideas on when the tickets go on sale?

Elvicos01 (or anyone else), does the NYC Summer Stage have seating, or is it a beach blanket venue?
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet
migdd

Post by migdd »

The Chastain Park Website states it's Elvis Costello and the Imposters with Emmylou Harris. Tickets go on sale 4/2. Haven't found onslae dates for any of the others shows.

I wonder what format the shows will boast. I would guess we would see separate sets from EC and Emmylou with set of duets as well. Does anybody know for sure??!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Damn, I can't make either of the New York area shows. If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Sydney, Australia with the wife. BTW, I'd be interested in meeting up with any of the Sydney-area posters (Tim(e)?) over a pint or two while I'm in town. My wife will be there to present at an IBM conference, so I'll have plenty of free time!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
alexv

Post by alexv »

Normabuel, the Central Park Summerstage is both beach blanket and seating. During the summer, most concerts are free, but the Elvis one will (as his past ones have been) be one for which tickets will be required. I just bring some friends and a blanket and find a comfy spot and listen to the concert for free, away from, but close by, the designated venue area.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Is this Emmylou's gig and EC's along for the ride or will this be a full blown EC and the Imposters show WITH Emmylou?
I'm not angry anymore....
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Presale for Atlanta concert (from an e-mail from EC's Lost Highway website):

Elvis Costello & The Imposters tickets pre-sale

Get you tickets for the July 17th show at Chastain Park Amphitheatre
in Atlanta, GA available at:
http://click.myreg.net/r/n_602274364/t_ ... iscostello

For all tour dates visit: http://www.elviscostello.com

No date is given (odd). I am pretty sure that the user name is Elviscostello and the password is Imposters, but I could be wrong about that and then you may need to register.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Can anyone on the board verify that the pre-sale offers better seats than if one ordered through Ticketmaster?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Thnking of going to the Atlanta show. . . . .
migdd

Post by migdd »

Mrs. migdd and I are planning on attending the Atlanta show, Spooky. Never been to Chastain Park but we met some nice people at the Tabernacle show that loved Chastain and had seen Elvis perform there a couple of years ago. The set-up for the EC date in July will be the venue's "table set-up", which allows season pass holders to reserve tables set up in the "pit" (usually a standing area) in front of the orchestra seats. This type of show set-up encourages patrons to bring their own picnic baskets and coolers, so expect a more "casual" concert-going experience. My only concern is that the audience will be more pre-occupied with having a party (or lots of little parties) than listening to the music - but maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

Wish I knew more about the format of these summer dates but the promise of something different from the winter/spring shows has got my interest piqued! It'd be great to see an expanded set of duets with Emmylou but who knows what to expect!!

Regardless, I'd be great to meet other board members at the show!!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Some of the people at the Ryman show were saying "eeeeeww" at the thought of Chastain Park, and I didn't ask what that meant. Oh well, might still do it. It would be nice to see others. Anybody else headed for Hotlanta? :)
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Midgg, not I.

The Ticketmaster pre-sales usually stink. Ticketmaster in general stinks, I rarely get good seats to a show through Ticketmaster. I am stuck in a corner of the loge for the upcoming Beacon show, and I was logged on to the website the instant the general public sale opened.

I have had better luck with other pre-sales (first row center to two of the Lincoln Center shows), but not through Lost Horizon, with which I have no experience.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Spooky, I've heard negative comments about Chastain also and have reservations about the venue and the set-up; but it looks like it's the closest opportunity to see EC for the duration of the tour (unless there are more unannounced U.S. dates which appears doubtfull) so I think we are going to go for it! Much rather see him at the Tabernacle or the Ryman but it doesn't look like that is going to happen this summer so this might be the last chance for awhile. In addition, Chastain is on the outer belt outside Atlanta so, unlike a show at the Tabernacle, we won't be taking in the downtown sites before the show. :(

But we're in! Anyone else taking in the only south of the Mason-Dixon line summer appearance?
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Damn, I can't make either of the New York area shows. If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Sydney, Australia with the wife. BTW, I'd be interested in meeting up with any of the Sydney-area posters (Tim(e)?) over a pint or two while I'm in town. My wife will be there to present at an IBM conference, so I'll have plenty of free time!
PM'd you on this WSS, but yes, you can definitely count me in for a drinks session. Other than Bambooneedle and myself, I am not sure who else resides in Sydney... Paul (Pope of Pop)... do you still visit this site? There was also one other whose posting name I can't recall, but who lived in the Blue Mountains.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Tim(e) wrote: you can definitely count me in for a drinks session.
You can both count me in too.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Whoa!!!

Just got tickets to the Atlanta show this morning through ticketbastard. . .row U seats 55 and 56. Guess the Chastain season pass holders gobbled up all the good seats!!?!! Well after 2 shows (Charlotte and Atlanta Tabernacle) at $35 a pop each and general seating to boot and 30 feet from the stage, Mrs. migdd and I dropped a whopping $168 smackers for 2 orchestra seats that are probably 150 feet from EC and the band. :shock:

I'll report back shortly after I recover from the shock!